Sunday, January 1, 2012

a new year, hope it's a good one

Can you believe it’s 2012?  Typing that just now was strange.  So I didn’t post yesterday’s on yesterday, but should know today was def. strange. 

First things first, I slept in till nine!  So late for me!  After waking I just sat w Lindsay and Colin and relaxed.  She got up at ten and started our special bfast and I stirred my hubby.  She made an amazing eggs benedicts (sans hollandaise) and then some fried eggs with Canadian bacon to be extra filling.  We drank coffee and mimosas, such a wonderful way to begin a new year, thank you. 

After bfast we played w her animals.  I really didn’t want to leave only b/c I knew what was waiting at home, emptiness.  Maybe one day I’ll be able to reflect on yesterday and work through it, maybe you’ll be a part of that. 

Aaron and I chatted about life and desires on the way home: new vehicle, insurance, Izzie, new pets, and other randomness. 

When we got home he took care of her stuff while I called dad and mom to wish them a HNY.  And then I started washing the sheets.  Afterwards we continued talking about future pets and goals w the house.  Then I made our NY’s dinner: seared ham steak, ‘fried’ apples and cabbage, and spicy ‘fried’ peas.  I actually liked the peas and think I might actually eat the rest of the can. 

We’ve been watching Medium and have to dress the bed before going to sleep. 

The high today was starting the new year in such a wonderful way.

Thank you for visiting me on your new year…

No comments:

Post a Comment