Today was a really good First Friday of the month. I started my day w cottage chesse and spiced warmed peaches. It was yummy. I sprinkled the fruit w cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice then warmed em’ a bit and topped w the cottage cheese.
Since Izzi’s been gone I’ve been leaving the house even earlier than usual. I do it b/c I don’t like being home alone and I don’t have to take as much time doing dog necessary tasks. I was the third person to work today, even though I didn’t have to be there till later. The first two teachers were parked around back, but I’m on to their game and was able to go in instead of wait in the car.
I did do a little work as well as check the net. There wasn’t anything too interesting, but I completed my needs including balancing my checkbook!
I finished my next to last assessment and emailed it for proofing. I also got started on my summaries. I did accidently close out the assessment w/out saving it and had to re paste and edit again before saving.
Playing w the Rascals was easy. I was a couple minutes late, I couldn’t get the dern carabineer unhooked and the DR stopped me for a couple of minutes (not in that order).
After lunch I got to play w the babies. It was a wee bit strange: the AT’s son transitioned this week and is now in the toddlers class. Weird b/c he wasn’t there and he woke up early and we could hear him cry.
Next I played w the Lions class and it wasn’t as bad as usual. There were ten kids and the AT hung out w me instead of leaving me on my own. The time went by really fast, I spent a lot of time sitting w the DR’s daughter helping her self soothe/cope and reading books.
As usual I finished my day w the toddlers. I could have left early and worked on paperwork, but I enjoyed the little bit of time I had w the AT and chatting w her.
Since Aaron worked late, I stayed at school and perused the net a little. When I did get home he was okay with the idea of the cabbage casserole. I didn’t follow the recipe exactly (I didn’t like how long it seemed to take). Instead I sautéed my onions and cabbage together. Mixed the venison (not beef) with jarred tomato sauce, random spices, and rice. Then layered and topped w sauce and covered w cheese. It was a success and we will have it again.
Glad that today was an easy sort of day.
Hope you have a great weekend…
No comments:
Post a Comment