Saturday, January 7, 2012

Finally get to visit this store

So today was an easy laid back one, makes for a nice first Saturday of the year.  Hubby had to leave and be to work by six, but I hung out in bed for about twenty more minutes or so. 

For bfast I had spiced pear carbmaster, oh how I’ve missed you creamy smooth delicious waist friendly goodness.  I balanced my check book while eating and discovered something out of the norm for me.  Have I got your curiosity peaked?  In a month and half I spent almost two thousand dollars!  GEEZ LOUIZE ptting it out there makes me feel even worse.  I averaged 36.00 a day from 11/21

I was out of the house no later than nine, can’t really remember exactly what time it was, but my first stop was Wal Mart.  I told myself I wasn’t going to spend more than the cash I had in my pocket, which I did successfully.  I picked up a bunch of bananas, some clog removal stuff, and had enough for two bottles of dew.  I still had a dollar left! 

Next on the to-do list was pass emissions.  I thought since I was getting there early enough there wouldn’t be that many people.  Boy was I a wee bit mistaken.  I was however glad to notice that I wasn’t the only procrastinator-business-hour- working auto driver.  There three cars there w Dec. expired tags and one w a July expired tag!  I passed!  WOO HOO

Then I learned, the hard way, that Davidson County Clerks office isn’t open on weekends.  Yep I drove out there to discover I couldn’t get my tags.  Guess I should have taken the time to read the hours listed in smaller print on the back of the pamphlet included in the envelope. 

Finally I got to go shopping and finish up my ‘to do’ for the day.  I stopped at Aldi’s.  Once again I told myself I was only going to get items that I could pay cash for.  I succeeded again!  I picked up some powdered creamer, a bag of red onions, two pineapples, two bags of pears, and a container of mini plump super sweet red grapes. 

As I was leaving I noticed the semi new furniture depot store in the ‘plaza’ and went in.  The owner had a yorkie in the store and she greeted all the guests.  There wasn’t anything of real interest in there.  I did see some amazingly beautiful, IMO, couches/pillows/carpets – you know all the stuff you like to look at but wouldn’t ever really own.  Afterwards I was walking to the car and noticed a RAC, so I swerved my path and visited there too.  I learned that I can buy a product from them with cash or pay it off in three months and get charged no interest.  Not only that but the man had a catalog and I can look online at their goods.  I’ve really been wanting to stop at Sticks-n-Stuff, but every time I drive by they are closed.  Well I learned today that I was wrong.  They are open Mon-Sat 10-6!  There’s never any cars in the lot, no open sign on, and the building looks dark.  Well today I noticed the door open and one car outside, so I went too!  I found a table I really like.  Its got a leaf, four chairs (wooden w black seats), and can buy more.  If I buy four more chairs (75 a piece) the set would be 800.00.  So I decided I wanted to look online at craigslist and other places first. 

I spent my dad over at the IL’s trying t get caught up on my back logged blogs.  I did not finish.  Must try again tomorrow. 

Hubby got off work late and I managed to wait until he got home to eat dinner.  We both ate leftovers.  He ate more of my cabbage casserole and I had pesto w pine nuts over tortellini.  After dinner I painted my nails.  I tried to do the dern gradient French tip but can not master it to save my life.  Instead I’ve just got a dabbed blue French tip. 

I did pretty well w food today: yogurt, coffee, lots of fruits, cheese stick, apps, a granola bar, fudgesicle, lots of water, more fruit, tortellini, and cake.  Doesn’t sound like I made the best of choices, but it comes in around 30PPS. 

Today my high point was going in Sticks-n-Stuff!  Finally!!!

Here’s to hoping the next time Lindsay and Collin have a bonfire we can go…

No comments:

Post a Comment