Sunday, January 29, 2012

a weekend catch-up

Well today’s the first day I’ve journaled since Thursday.  I’m not sure why I didn’t do one for Thursday, but I was out and about on Friday and Saturday. 
When I got off on Friday I ran by Goodwill and the fashion store next door looking for a black dress.  I didn’t find any.   So I decided to wear my black sweater like dress w some super colorful jewelry I borrowed from my MIL.  I also finally got to wear a pair of my bright colored tights w the dress that matched the necklace.  We started our night at Suzy Wong’s.  I had the red blend and it was fab-u-lous!  It was from Spain, not sure about the rest of the name.  I only ordered the pork and bacon spring rolls since I scarfed down a little bit of pork w some cabbage and rice and brown mushroom gravy before heading out.  The rolls were equally amazing.  I was thinking it was going to be pieces of meat, but it was all meat!  Then we went to Tribe and Play from there.  I saw a guy I knew in college.  Overall we had lots of fun. 
Guess I should mention that the day at work was okay too.  We were understaffed so I didn’t get as much time to do paperwork, but the kids in all the rooms were okay.  I did get off on time, which is always a plus. 
           
Yesterday, Saturday, I went to the Green Hills theater and watched a preview show of the new Drew Barrymore movie.  I liked it.  Then hubby and I had brunch at Mad Donna’s again.  I had the quiche of the day: sausage, tomatoes, peppers, mozzeralla, jack, cheddar cheese w basil.  I though it was going to be a single serving, personalized quiche, but it was a large quiche that had a slice cut out of it.  Hubby ordered the flatbread dish (flatbread, sautéed onions, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and topped w the cheese blend).  Since the deal (I got from Sharing Spree) was worth 30.00 bucks we also ordered the biscuit and sausage gravy meal (three biscuits).  Then we drove to Lindsay’s and Colin’s.  We (Aaron and I) decided to make Rueben’s for dinner and had to stop and pick up the ingredients.  We stopped at Wal Mart first and they didn’t have any corned beef so we had to go to Kroger.  While hubby was in Kroger I ran in Panera and picked up a couple slices of ciabatta (sp?) (mainly for Lindsay b/c she doesn’t like rye bread).  The ciabatta was amazing.  It was fresh and warm and a dollar a slice.  I also really liked the rye bread.  Aaron let me get the loaf w caraway seeds.  I also can’t wait to make a grilled cheese at a later date with the left over bread.  We had a great time w em’, shooting guns (reads crazy to me), chatting, cooking, sitting around a bon fire, and eating a wonderful dinner.  I look forward to doing it more regularly (hopefully). 

Today I was pretty pathetic.  I was cold all day yesterday, but the hubby attributed it to my night out on Friday.  However I was wearing four layers before I finally was comfortable, body temperature wise.  So today I was still a bit puny.  I didn’t feel like doing anything and didn’t really.  I sat in my cozy chair and read my book (the one I’ve got to have completed by Tuesday evening).  I also ran to Wal Mart (yes again) to pick up the produce I wanted.  They actually let me use the circular from Alid’s so I got some amazing deals – HUGE pineapples (2), a cantaloupe, and a bag of tangerines for a dollar each.  Also a four pounds of oranges for 1.50 and fugi apples @ 1.29 a lb.  I also picked up a bag of Jazz apples!  I waited for them all last season to go on sale again, but they never did! 

That’s all.  Now I’m going to finish watching Medium and go to bed. 

High this weekend (instead of day since this is three days worth) – our trip to Lebanon!

Hope this week is better than today, thanks for listening to em all…

No comments:

Post a Comment