This entry isn’t too impressive, b/c today wasn’t an impressive day. I didn’t really do all that much. I woke up, still with a pain in the neck, ate a new favorite bfast combo of vanilla carbmaster with fresh strawberries, played on the internet and read my book.
I was trying to find a place to go have drinks with Jen and Mike. I really wanted to go to the place that’s on the corner over by Mitchel’s deli, but couldn’t remember the name to save my life. I txtd Mrs. Jeni around noon and she didn’t get back to me till after eight when we were already headed to Hermitage to meet up.
I tried my sunflower bread with a spread of spicy LC cheese for lunch with some carrots. I don’t really care for the bread that way. It might be better with pimento and cheese or tuna, but not plain or with just cheese. I was trying to save points b/c I knew we were going out later.
Aaron woke up around eleven or so and headed over to his parents to update, print, and email his resume to Jen. Mike is trying to get him a job with his cousin Robbie doing managerial construction type work. When he came home we just lounged and watched CSI and X-files.
While he was gone I went outside to lay out and read and change over into a new purse. I took Izzie out with me and she seemed to enjoy it, but got stick so we went back inside after I finished with my purse. We were only there for about twenty minutes or so.
We waited forever to find out whether or not we were having dinner or just drinks with them and ended up eating at seven. I was famished by then and ate my dinner way too quickly. I had left over veggie lasagna. Not that great left over, it definetly needs to be creamier. For dessert I made an awesome cup of iced coffee. I was drinking my coffee and he was finishing his prep work on dinner when Jen called. They ate Chick-Fil-A for dinner and said we could meet up when we finished eating.
We met them over at The Box Seat in Hermitage and had a drink. Aaron met Robbie and Nate and the two of them had already had a few so I didn’t quite understand everything they were talking about. Aaron let them see his resume and got their email info and is supposed to email it to them ASAP.
It was a bust there so we went to the Rusty Nail which was a lot more fun. Robbie was nice and bought our round of drinks at TBS and the first round at RN. I played cornhole and did a pretty good job for it being my first time. I also met two chicks, one of them is a kindred spirit. She is a ‘cat lady’, works with children, and used to be a lawyer. While we were there, a stray kitty came around and she was going to take it home but Nate did instead. I tried to convince him to wait so he could have one of mom’s cats but he was intoxicated and into instant gratification. Erica, the kindred spirit, told me I could call the humane society and tell them I found strays and would like to have them fixed and they would do it for ‘free’ and I would give a donation of sorts. I told her, for some strange reason not to think about it, that I’d like her to keep in contact with me if she ever came across someone who wanted a cat here in the near future. I gave her my name, number, and email. I was being rushed off to the next place so I couldn’t have a good conversation with her.
Then we went to TJ’s on Stewart Ferry’s exit and I bought a round of drinks. This was my fourth one and I couldn’t finish it. I was getting sleepy and the alcohol had hit me. But I don’t feel too bad, Jen couldn’t finish hers either.
When we got home I lay in the bathroom floor for a little while waiting for the expected, but luckily it didn’t come.
High today: getting to have adult time with Jen and Mike.
Thanks for reading…
No comments:
Post a Comment