Sunday, April 3, 2011

end of my weekend

Today was good.  Went to bed late again last night.  I was trying to find a book about chicks for our LP.  I wasn’t successful and really hope that Ms. L finds one.  Well I got up at the bright and early time of seven again. 

My mom is quite funny, to me anyway.  I get me need to please from her.  Everybody was up and out of bed and moving around nine or so.  Originally she was going to skip making breakfast since we were eating at eleven.  But she wanted the biscuits; at least that’s what she said.  And since there were enough people there to eat it she made them.  She also said she was only going to make half the sausage and half the bacon, but she ended up making the whole pack of bacon.  Aunt Marsha and I teased her about it b/c we both said she would.  I asked her bout it and she said “they fried up to be small and fatty so she had to double the amount in order for everyone to have enough”.  I do the exact same thing even though I sat there in the chair and told her that we didn’t need that much food since we were going to eat within a couple of hours.  Anyways I ate me a biscuit with two slices of bacon and couldn’t believe, still can’t, that I could almost imagine bacon on cookies and in ice cream that’s been blogged about recently.  The biscuits were honey butter ones which were kind of sweet with the savory rich bacon. 

I’ve also realized that my mom’s family is way loud.  They all carry conversations between and around one another in their loud country voices and it make it hard to concentrate on too much.  I found myself needing to turn the TV off b/c it was too loud and too much extra noise whenever I could. 

Well we ate at The Lighthouse in Paris and it was pretty tasty.  Upon arrival I had doubts.  It was an open room, kind of like a church banquet hall, with rolling buffets and cheap dining tables.  The server station was out in the open too with a teeny sink to keep hands clean.  It made me think that Aaron really could open his own business and maybe be successful.  Anyways, I ate way too much food.  They had the corn nuggets I was telling my parents/coworkers about on Thursday and of course I had a couple.  I also ate some amazing hushpuppies and ham.  The funniest part about the dinner was dessert.  I noticed a sign about sugar free upon request.  And since I’m trying to make healthier decisions when possible I asked what they had.  My intentions were to get SF ice cream and then add cherry cobbler to it.  My aunt gave me hell b/c she thought it was stupid to order the SF i.c. and then add it to sugary sweet cobbler.  I had to tell her that sometimes SF products just taste better (I honestly prefer SF Jell-O and pudding and a couple of other items over their sweet counter parts).  Well I’ll have you know that everyone (five peeps) thought the SF vanilla i.c. was WAY BETTER than the i.c. they were eating.  The SF stuff was creamier and almost reminded me of fried donuts. 

Need-less-to-say the meal stuck with me for a very long time.  But I jump ahead; I had to go to ads to pick up DH.  Then we headed back to Nashville.  We got home to discover that our roommate had done the amazing fun job of mowing our lawn.  YAY, this means that Aaron doesn’t have to do it this week.  Which this also means that he gets to work on the house more than planned!  He was going to take a day to find a part to repair the riding mower and then fix it.  Now he can do it on a day where he can’t do other business. 

Once we got home we had agreed that I’d look online for vacation info while watching CSI.  However instead of sitting down to do our agreed deal, he goes and talks to Ross for almost an hour while folding laundry.  He could have done it after I went to sleep, but he thinks that since he didn’t catch man fish he wants to stress relieve by playing games.  Man, if he’d saved it for later I could be in bed right now!

For dinner I started doing well and only ate a ham and cheese ‘sandwich’.  However he ate leftover pizza and shared it with me.  Then he ate Samoa’s and I couldn’t stop thinking about those home made cookies, so I had one, just one, I promise. 

Well I’ve spent my night trying to find a place I want to go for vacation.  Man do I HATE having to be so informed.  I’m trying to find a place that’s nice to go based on weather and ‘peak season’, but it’s a PITA.  If Aaron was planning he would just do it.  We really really want to go to Maine, but I very seriously doubt we’ll get it b/c of the time I want is high peak time.  Now that I’m done doing the ‘research’ I’m going to do I have to talk it over with DH about what he wants. 

Something of note that I want to remember is what my dad said to me about my mom’s kitty.  She’s going to spay the pregnant cat which means aborting the kittens.  I hate this, especially since I’m the reason she kept the cat.  I don’t know anyone who wants to take a cat and I don’t think the Humane Society will take the babies.  I posted on FB and when I went to pick up Aaron dad said that I shouldn’t worry about it b/c it’s not my cat or my problem.  He also said she (mom) could take the kittens to Wal Mart in a box and sit outside and offer free kitties.  That would be a good idea, but I don’t like the idea of giving the cat to complete stranger b/c I don’t know what they are going to do with the kitten.  I know in my head that it shouldn’t matter, as long as they take the furry ball and mom doesn’t have to take care of it than I should be content.  I hate saying this but I’m a bit excited about seeing the little ones.  The cat is only half way along and should have the babies early May. 

Well our last show on this disc is about to end I need to shut down and get ready for bed.  I appreciate you taking the time to listen…

No comments:

Post a Comment