So I’m at my moms spending some fun time with the family.
I got up this morning at 7:15. You may ask: “why is that important?”. It’s not, just that it’s the weekend and most people try to sleep in, but not this chick, I wake up early almost every weekend. Why oh why can’t I sleep in? I know there have been a couple of times I’ve slept till 9, which is rare. I can almost remember being in college and struggling to get up this early. I’m trying to stay up late so maybe I’ll sleep late. Even if I try I doubt it’ll happen considering I’ve set the timer on the coffee pot for my granny for 5:00.
On to my day… So we got up early in order to go to a breakfast buffet, only to find out they no longer have it! We had to order off the menu. I did awful notional wise: one blueberry pancake (no butter) and three slices of bacon. I’m not even going to try to guess what the value is. Of course being at mom’s there wasn’t much to choose from for lunch, so I had coffee and store bought chocolate chips cookies. Then we had an early dinner at KFC. I attempted to make good choices. I even went so far as to look online for WW values for their foods. I did well with the chicken and my portions. When perusing the net, I learned that one biscuit has 5 PP! That’s crazy; I love those things and in the past have eaten more than one. One biscuit as more PP than a drumstick! None-the-less, I ate one (couldn’t resist). Being the weekend and all I continued to consume the good stuff. They had this white fluff on the bar and I wondered what it was. OMG, should have just skipped it. It was literally white fluff, you know the stuff inside Twinkies and Ho ho’s! I can’t believe they have it just to scoop and eat. So we American diners are sitting at KFC eating whipped lard and sugar, no cake or carb source, just fluff.
After dinner we went to Burke’s, which is a lot like Ross’/TJ’s/Marshalls, but in Paris . I found a few items that I liked, but didn’t like the way they fit on me. I almost bought a pair of dark dark purple corduroy skinny pants, but skinny isn’t really the right word; they were more like an extra skin they were so fitted. I know that they were meant to be worn tucked in boots, but man I just couldn’t see myself ever wearing them, even if they were just five bucks. I did find an item that fits memory cards for 5.00 and hope that our camera’s card fits in there and that it has a cord to connect to our laptop. We’ve never had a way to download our pictures. When needed, we always go to his parents and do it. If it works we are going to have to buy a new battery for the camera so we can actually take pictures and use em’ (which is something I’ve discovered I should have when I look at my FB page).
Back at home we just relax and eat more cookies. God, I don’t know if I want to face the scale tomorrow. While I’ve been here I’ve once again been reminded how ‘country’ the family is. Just sitting around listening to them talk makes me smile. They remind me of a movie. Mom always asks the wildest questions, that I think – really, you don’t know that, man the things I’ve learned moving to a big city. I wonder if I’d be even more country bumpkin if I still lived here? Speaking of living here, the other night (I don’t know if I mentioned this already but) Aaron mentioned that he and dad were talking about dad’s soon to be business. Dad mentioned something along the lines of if the business went well and he needed an employee we could always move back here and Aaron could work for him. OMG, what would I do? Would I move back? Would we split our time btwn Paris and Nashville ? If I moved back, could I get a job? What kind of job would it be? What we do with our unrenovated house in Nashville ? How often would we see his parents? Where would we live in Paris ? With dad? With mom in the basement with a whole floor to ourselves? How could we afford to remodel the kitchen and bathroom? What if we did have kids, there’s no way we could stay with her b/c of space? Could I handle going back to the small town with no wine at dinner (eating out)? No Sushi? No culture? No Lindsay? Would my life in Nashville fade away like my life in Paris and Martin did? I told Aaron we’d cross that bridge if we ever needed. Geez I just thought of another – what we do with Izzie? With Bella? With Medusa? Our furniture? (that’s if we moved in with parents). Gotta leave this subject
Where was I? While here at mom’s I’ve been able to sorta connect the net. I’ve checked my email and my meetups. I really wanna go to this Wednesday’s HH. Got two black dresses, just gotta shave and get my ?’s answered.
Tomorrow we are supposed to eat out at this place called The Lighthouse. I wonder if I’ll enjoy it. It’s a buffet (imagine that) with ‘southern food’. GOD (what should I really say here, ominous being/all powerful/creator) please help my waist line! We were supposed to have breakfast in the morning, but I think we are skipping it b/c we are eating lunch early. If I get up at five, I’m gonna need substance. Five till eleven is six hours without food. That’s when a person gets carried away at buffets, starving the body.
I also spent several struggling, non productive, moments trying to find a book online to use on Wednesday/Thursday for our lesson plan. I hope Ms. Laney found something at home.
Guess that’s all for the evening. Good night and thanks…
No comments:
Post a Comment