Friday, April 22, 2011

TGIGF

So today was a really good day.  It’s Good Friday which means we were closed and I didn’t have to work!  I did wake up with a great pain in the neck/right shoulder again and lay on a heating pad till elevenish.  Oh yeah, I got to sleep in a whole extra hour today!  My body let me! 

When I got up I perused the internet some more.  I went ahead and figured out how many points were in the orangeberry shortcake cookies I want to make; there’s 5PPs in 12 and I assume there’s 3PPs in 24 with one cookie being a serving.  I also found the recipes for the protein pancakes I had planned on making for brunch/lunch, but it didn’t happen. 

DH didn’t get up till ten.  I asked him about it and his reply was he was in pain and super tired so he thought he’d sleep a little bit longer.  (Not a big deal looking back at what he accomplished today.)  Once he was awake I felt like it was okay to get up and be active.  I cleaned the dishes and the kitchen, literally cleaned it, so now it’s all nice and shiny. 

When I finished cleaning I wasn’t super hungry so I ate an orange outside so I wouldn’t get juice all over the place, not to mention I was trying to hold off till closer to noon to make the pancakes.  Well noon rolled around I still wasn’t hungry but couldn’t think of what to do other than be lazy, but felt bad b/c DH and roomie were working.  So I decided to mow the yard.

This was the first time in my entire life I’ve ever mowed!  I mowed half the back and 98% of the front yard and the edges with the push mower and the back with the riding mower.  While using the push mower I made it harder on myself so I’d burn more calories and get more shoulder/back/neck/leg/torso exercise in.  I also mowed our little ditch the hard way, which DH later commented on.  By they time I finished the front (I started doing the back small half patch area) I was pooped, my hands felt weird, and I was starting to get a headache; so I went inside and laid on the floor for ten minutes and drank some water mixed with pedialyte.  Then I got back in the saddle, on the riding mower that is, and finished the back yard.  Mowing the back yard was way quicker and more fun. 

Once I was done it was around 3 and I was HUNGRY, but knew I couldn’t eat a full meal b/c we were supposed to have a big dinner so I snacked (orange) and snacked (cheese stick and chips) and snacked (carrots and more fruit bowl) some more.  I also sat and watched Cinderella III, it was kind of weird. 

By the time my movie was over the guys were done putting in the new back door, that’s right I finally got an easy opening and closing door!  OMG, its SOOOO nice!  I barely have to pull it and it almost shuts on its own.  It’s so light weight.  It’s absolutely amazing.  For memory sake the reason why I’m making such a huge deal about the door is b/c when DH and I put up b-board around the dry storage/laundry area we f’d up the wall somehow and screwed with the way the door opened and shut.  I used to have to use two hand to pull it open from the inside, literally slam it to shut it from the outside, either kick it in or use over half my weight to open it from the outside, and lean up against it to shut it from the inside!  Sounds like a work out in itself.  NOT ANYMORE!!!! Every time I went through it today DH noticed that I smiled about it.  Man the little things in life don’t ya know.

Anyways, we got to have dinner with our friends Jen and Mike from Martin.  We met up at Cracker Barrel and I of course had my go to dinner there.  It’s THE best sandwich: fried chicken BLT on whole wheat sourdough, with a monstrous slice of cheddar cheese and two strips of thick bacon, lettuce, and tomato, with mayo (which I always hold and usually sub for HM).  UMMM, not even hungry and it still sounds good.   DH had is usually of the country boy breakfast.  Then we had to part ways and they had to go back to the hotel for their awards ceremony. 

Back at home I talked to mom for a long time.  ‘Her’ dog, Red, (it’s not really her dog, just a stray they take care of and are trying to give away, but I know they love him all the same) which she said ‘my dog’ during the description of this story: got beat up by a pit bull!  She was there when it happened and didn’t know what to do.  The pit comes over to play a lot, but this day it went for Red’s food and he wasn’t having it, so they got into a brawl.  Mom said it was the worst thing she’d seen and couldn’t stop it b/c she was worried the pit would go after her and she wouldn’t be able to get away fast enough.  After her repeating the story several times backwards and forwards (just her way of talking) she finally said the law went to the owner of pit and found out the blood on the pit was all Red’s, there wasn’t a single wound on the pit.  The law told the man he had to keep the dog on a leash or else he would be taken away.  The owner offered to take mom to the vet, but she said he was kinda scary looking and she wasn’t going anywhere with him.  After a few days of tending to his wounds Red came back and seems to be fine.  He’s got boo boos in his ear and on his lip.  He won’t play with mom in water anymore b/c he thinks she’s going to try to clean his wounds, but he will still let her pet him.  I hope he’s okay and doesn’t get an infection or anything.  Aunt Marsha and Granny are supposed to go to moms in the morning and help her clean out the shed for her future garage sale as well as to visit for the holiday.  She called to see if we were coming in, but we can’t go b/c of Izzie. 

Oh, yeah, we found out yesterday that her count showing anemia is still low, but at the same level, not lower, so the doc wants to keep her on meds longer; which means when we run out we have to take her back to get checked again and get new scripts.  Her white blood cell, the infection fighters, is still high which I guess is to be expected.  But other than that there’s no change and we just gotta keep making her comfy. 

After I got off the phone with mom we finished watching the episode of CSI that we started b4 Jen called.  I’d also like to mention for memory sake that my hands are a bit tender in the middle from holding the bar of the mower for so long.  Next time I should wear some sort of padding or something. 

High today: got a new back door and had dinner with some old friends (and we are supposed to meet up for drinks tomorrow).

Thanks for listening…

No comments:

Post a Comment