Well I did get up this morning on time. I heard dad in the kitchen rummaging around. I almost said making coffee, but I know he’s got a pot on a timer, which means he shouldn’t have been in there doing that; so I don’t know what he was doing. None-the-less, I was up and ready and waiting on the guys today. I skipped my morning shower and took a bird bath to wake up. Got dressed and covered-all and sat and read my book while dad finished primping and Aaron woke up. I was bound and determined to make sure they couldn’t say it was my fault we weren’t out there when we could’ve/should’ve been (which is before sunrise).
On our way to the lake we stopped at what used to be Keystop (not sure what it is now, but I do know it has different owners) to get ice and breakfast. I attempted to make healthier eating choices at this point and skipped the oversized, warm, salty, protein chewy, creamy melted cheese, nicely salted egg sandwich and held out for my good for me yogurt, which is only 2PP (no telling what the previously would be, maybe 15PP’s?). Anyways I’ve digressed and now I’m salivating even though its bedtime.
We did make out on the water five minutes before the sun came up. We got to our ‘kitchen’ and put in. I hooked the first fish but, being short and in the middle of the boat, I couldn’t get the dern pole in and the line out of the water and my swimmer got away. FYI, my family has this ‘game’ we play while we’re fishing: gotta get either/all: first fish, biggest fish, or most fish; if you get the big fish the loser(s) owe the reeler a snickers bar (which happens to be my all time favorite candy bar and I would chose it hands down if it was the only kind I could eat for the rest of my life). So there goes my first fish bragging rights, oh yeah guess I should say that within five minutes dad reeled the first one in the boat!
We didn’t do too hot fishing today. We only caught seven total. Dad caught 3; I caught 3, and my poor DH only caught/kept one. I caught the two biggest which gives me the bragging rights and snickers! AND we got a couple of pictures of me, which I want to post to FB as soon as I can. Once we made it out, boat loaded on the trailer, the guys went to clean the fish while I bagged up those little pokey mini pinecone thingy’s. When I finished I walked down to the cleaning station and they had saved my BSF for the end. When we get in the car DH tells me that a fellow fisherman comments on the size of MY BSF and asks if he can take a picture! I asked if he happened to mention that I caught it, but of course he didn’t. He said that’ okay though b/c I announced it as soon as I walked up so they knew it was all mine.
Before we headed home we stopped and got BBQ and fixings. While I was waiting I saw an old high school friend and chatted for a minute or two. Back at the house we all sat around and relaxed. DH and dad napped, I played on the net and did business that needed to be done (S#!+ I just know realized I left my bill at home and it’s due Monday, I hope I remember to pay it ASAP when we got home tomorrow). They guys watched The Masters and Racing. Dad and Aaron always give me crap about playing on the computer while I’m here, but honestly I don’t want to watch the same stuff, so at least I’m in the same room and awake, right?!?! If I wasn’t entertaining myself I’d probably be asleep or maybe out visiting some other people here in Paris .
I’ve had the munchies all day and did not make healthy decisions food wise. I ate my yogurt for breakfast, had a friendly cup of coffee, ate a handful of carrots, and realized I wanted some gum, but we didn’t have any, so I ate a candy bar which I think is 8PPs. Got home ate my slice of cheese b/c there’s no way it could have lasted till tomorrow which is 3PPS. I ate more carrots and an orange. For dinner I had the delightful BBQ with super small servings of baked beans, slaw, pot. salad, and more carrots. For dessert we had lemon meringue pie. I did so horrendous, which is to be expected while here at my parents, that I’m not even going to guestimate the total PPs.
I know dad mentioned making ham & biscuits for bfast in the morning, but he didn’t make the ham, so I guess I get to start over tomorrow and attempt to make healthier choices tomorrow.
Of course my high today was catching the BSF!
Now I’m posting and heading to bed. Thanks for reading me…
No comments:
Post a Comment