Thursday, April 7, 2011

What a day

I want this start this entry remembering how much fun I had last night at my very first LBDC meetup in the Gulch at The Wine LoftI didn’t post about it then b/c I was trying to stick with the “WW” that’s going through blogger world. 

So the meeting was a lot of fun.  I met a few fun girls and we chatted a LOT.  One chick was from Cali and the other three were from Michigan.  The Cali girl was funny.  There was a ‘live’ mock auction and she really wanted two of the items.  Her ‘saying’ was “I’m going to hafta throw my elbows”, too cute.  There was tasty little finger foods, not anywhere filling enough, but guess that’s okay.  AND I had two fabulous drinks!  There was a special deal on martinis, five bucks each.  I had two: sangriatini, one red and one white.  The red had pineapple juice and the white had a hint of grapefruit juice.  TASTY!!!!  Need-less-to-say, I decided to pay the smaller fee and joined before leaving.  While I was signing my papers I met another chick who also just recently joined.  Not only did she just join LBDC but she also joined two other meetup groups that I’ve joined.  She suggested that we go to the next social gathering together.  I can’t wait!!!

Now on to today….
I had a good nights sleep and woke up well rested.  I had cereal for breakfast and really wished that I’d had a banana to go in/with it.  When I got to work I tried to be productive, but of course had to do regular day old crap.  I did have a chicken and half biscuit from Chick Fil A, which was different. 

The morning was good.  The kids lunch time was the start of stress.  My little guy with feeding issues threw a straight up fit for some strange reason.  We couldn’t figure out what set him off and it took him a while to calm down.  By the time he was calm he was only willing to eat a handful of bites.  At the end of lunch he let his feeding come back up! 

Nap time was nice, all the kids slept!  I skipped my packed protein/carb lunch since I had the chicken and biscuit snack.  I did however eat an amazingly delicious large juicy orange. 

Then I went to the big kid’s class and we had a great math circle.  The LT let me use her secret stash of sprinkles and all the kids were so excited about adding and subtracting and getting to eat their sprinkles.  It’s quite amazing how something so tiny can excite the kids.  Seriously, sprinkles? Why are the so rewarding?  They are teeny tiny little tastes!  I could understand if they were on top of something more sweet and decadent, but just out of the jar?  Guess that’s why they are the little ones and I’m the grown up. 

Next I went to my same ol’ room in the toddlers, which wasn’t too bad.  We think the ED’s kid may be sick.  There are all sorts of details I could talk about at this point, but really I don’t understand why our HR person had to join in on the viewing of his symptoms?  I know that she plays favorites with the little guy, but seriously, it’s not her business.  She can’t diagnose him!  She can only look and hold him.  ERR, just thinking about all the special treatment she gives him makes me a tad bit angry. 

Now to the biggest complaining of the day… Our AD has decided to micromanage in the most extreme way!  She has decided that all of the classrooms have to have a check list and do it every day!  It’s about seven tasks that need to be done around five.  This is a huge problem for my CT and me.  We leave the room at 2:00 in order to do our daily notes that we CAN NOT do during nap time.  We get 45 minutes, where as other teachers get close to an hour, for that and then have to be in other rooms until we clock out.  So when on earth are we realistically going to be able to do all her extra tasks?  We can either do it while the kids are in the room which is neglectful of our actual duties OR we can do it after we leave our designated classroom which will put us into OT.  Which is the worse of two evils I wonder?  If you’re a parent or a business person please leave your opinion, if your not and you’ve read this far in than I’d love to hear your opinion too.  One of the tasks is also to make sure the counter tops are cleaned and cleared off.  IDK how that’s going to happen.  Not that I’m complaining about my current CT, but she doesn’t seem to care about keeping it tidy.  I’ve found myself cleaning up after her OFTEN.  Also at the end of the checklist, in smaller print, she has added “this is not a suggestion”, WTF?!?!?  How RUDE!

When I got off, I discovered that my friend had text me that she purchased today’s groupon and I’m thinking we will have dinner together (a couple’s night) out there on Monday.  Man, regardless of whether we eat there or not, I can’t wait.  I want to eat the Beef Wellington and a few other items (back up incase the DH decides he wants the wellington instead of the Shrimp and Grits). 

High of the day, hummm?  When I got home Aaron had done an absolutely amazing job routing the wood for the decorative pieces in the 2nd bathroom!  I can’t believe we’ve paid as much as we have in the past once I saw what he could do!  It’s amazing and I can’t wait to show it off to future guests and tell them he did it! 

I talked to my dad about going to Paris for fishing this weekend.  When we talked I wasn’t sure about going (not to mention I was feeling a little buzz from my glass of wine on an empty stomach and I was distracted making dinner and getting my lunch ready for tomorrow) due to the weather.  However I looked at a different site later and the forecast looks inviting, so I think we are going fishing!!!!!  I’m so excited. 

For dinner we had ground chuck steaks, sautéed onions and mushrooms, sautéed red pepper cabbage, and garlic asparagus.  The meat was 8 PP, and the rest was 0 PP.  I also had the first glass of wine while making dinner and a second one with dinner.  The first was a white wine and the second was a Carmene, which I’ve discovered I LOVE! 

Guess that’s all I’ve got for tonight, off to finish CSI.  Thanks for reading this wordy entry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment