Saturday, April 30, 2011

long time no see

So today was an alright day.  I woke up and lay in bed for a few.  Then I got up and showered.  While I was in the shower DH actually got up and headed out for the day.  He had a bro date hiking with Colin out in Mt. Juliet area. 

After showering I went and lay back in bed with Izzie.  She and I got some quality time together.  She’s doing much better.  Overall she’s been semi active.  She’s had a desire for food again, plays/wags her tail in greeting, and barks at outside noises again.  She’s still having trouble jumping up on the bed. 

So we lay there together for a little bit while I played on the net.  Around noon I got hungry, went to the kitchen and had a PB2 and jelly sandwich.  I really like the new bread I bought for Izzie.  I’ve eaten it a few times with bologna and it’s so soft.  With the PBJ sandwich it seemed to absorb the stuff and was even softer.  I had it with carrots instead of chips.  When I got up to make the sandwich Ross was outside so I asked if Izzie could hang out; he was okay with it.

After eating I went and lay outside for an hour or so.  I took Izzie out with me and read a little of my book.  It was so darn sunny out I had to go back inside and get my sunglasses.  Izzie went back in with me and drank lots of water.  When we went back outside she went into the shade behind the patio chair instead of out in the sun.  I figured she was hot and let her back in the house. 

After Aaron came home, we went back in and talked about his hike.  The first two places were flooded so he had to drive the rest of the way out to Lebanon and hiked at Cedars St. Park. 

Before laying out I txted Ashley about going to her place, but she couldn’t get together till around 2.  After being inside for a few minutes she finally txted me and said she was up and ready.  I told her I’d be a little and then she told me she had to leave by 3, it was almost 2:15 at this point.  So I jumped up, threw some clothes on, and headed over to her place.  She showed me all her stuff she’s bought so far for their June 4th wedding.  Her theme is light blue and black.  She’s getting married at a church and having the reception there.  Aaron and I are the only non family members she’s invited, which makes me feel a little strange.  The only reason why is b/c she and I haven’t talked much since our wedding; maybe just a handful of times.  She bought the majority of her stuff at David’s Bridal and hobby lobby.  She kept saying how she’s spent too much money so far and still has things she needs.  I didn’t have the heart to tell her that it’s cost that much b/c she bought it all a bridal place.  She got a credit card and is going to pay it off over time versus paying as she goes.  Her flower girl baskets are adorable!  And she bought lots of monogrammed/logo items.  Too cute!  Can’t wait till June.  After I left she text me and mentioned getting together just in general. 

Then we went to the grocery to get stuff to use my coupons before they expired.  Nothing super special just every day to day stuff.  Back at home I point labeled and put away stuff.  Oh yeah, I did find some delicious red seedless grapes for 1.20 a pound.  All the other grapes were 2.00 just like at the FM.  RIDICULOUS!  We also got same fat ham steaks on sale for 2.39 a lb.; we plan on using em’ for salads and breakfast/biscuit meals. 

I had ribs for dinner (leftovers), a tangerine (bought those too while we were out), and new Boston crème pie pudding.  Point wise I guess did pretty good today.  I’m not going to bother tallying it, just assume it’s good.  We finished CSI season from Netflix.  I DO NOT like the way it ended.  An awful cliff hanger and I have no idea when the next season will release. 

High today: getting together with Ashley and finding supper yummy cheap grapes!

Thanks for taking the time…

No comments:

Post a Comment