Friday, April 29, 2011

TGIF

I had a pretty decent night sleep considering I didn’t go to bed till around midnight.  I spent the evening looking at swt. potato recipes!  I woke up on time, versus early, which is super exciting.  For breakfast I had my left over cut cantaloupe with cottage cheese (2PPS).  I tried eating some of the cottage cheese on its own and it’s just not as good as my dads (he buys the full fat kind by purity).  I’m almost thinking that it’s going to have to be one of those items I splurge on point wise. 

I got to school about fifteen minutes before I had to clock in, just enough time to check and respond to emails. Oh, BTW, as I was pulling into the drive at school my CT text me to let me know that she was in the ER.  I had mixed feelings about this.  I was worried first, and then dumfounded (I guess that’s a good description?).  I was worried and wanted to make sure it was her that was actually in the ER versus her just visiting or helping someone in the ER.  I texted her in response but didn’t hear back from her, so I waited fifteen minutes or so and gave her a call.  To my unsurprise (is this a real word?) it was her. This is when I found out she was waiting for tests to be run, which meant she’d been waiting for almost two hours by now to be tested!  She had been there since six am or so and was waiting to have testing done.  She woke up in the middle of the night with extreme stomach pain and it wouldn’t go away.  I finally talked to her around noon or so and she was done testing.  The dr.’s told her it was either a blood clot passing or something more serious that she’s never had before.  They gave her some pain killers and she went home to pass out.  I wonder if she’ll be in Monday or not?  I feel kinda bad for the girl; she’s almost always got something going on internally.  So strange to me considering she didn’t mention any thing at all yesterday or the last few days.  I wondered if it had anything to do with her past health testing that was done on our in-service day the second Friday of March. 

Anyways, her being at the ER doesn’t change my tasks at hand.  I clocked in and put away the attendance sheets, made more copies, and put new copies in folder.  I started a load of laundry and then got to work on the training we’ve all been working on this week.  I completed all three quizzes around 10:30 or so.  I made two 100’s and one 90.  I was a bit peeved about the 90.  I read the answer and thought I put true but for some crazy reason clicked false and got it wrong.  Once I was done with the trainings I got to work on my summaries.  I put in all the data for eight kids and finished typing three of them.  I managed to get all this done while stopping and taking at least twenty plus minutes to talk to Otsana about non work related things.  At 11:30 I had to break the infants until 1 and then take my lunch.  It was a good thing I had just finished drinking a cup of coffee when she told me I had to go to the baby room in ten minutes or I don’t know if I could have waited that long to eat. 

I was a bit confused about why I had to break them so long.  Most teachers get thirty minute lunches, two teachers equals one hour so I should have been done by 12:30.  I know the assistant in there gets forty five b/c of the time she works (over eight hours) and the fact she has to pump, but she was given an hour today.  I’m not complaining or anything, just curious.  While in the baby room I had a nice time.  The fussy britches in the room was actually in a good mood today and played with me instead of screaming her head off.

Afterwards I had to go to the toddlers (as usual).  The AD told me I was to be in there for three hours and the two teachers were supposed to ‘hash the time out btwn them’.  However the LT took the whole time, which isn’t really all the surprising, she usually does.  Plus side of being in there today: I got to eat two cupcakes from Harris Teeter.  I had the chocolate one first.  It was GREAT!  The icing was super decadent and could have been a treat on its own.  I ate the white/vanilla one a little later.  I’ve only had it once before and I’m pretty sure that I mentioned how unspectacular it was.  I told myself the only reason why it wasn’t any count was b/c it was an ‘older’ (time wise) cupcake and that this one should be better b/c it was a bit fresher.  Nope it was still uninviting.  At least now I know that the HT doesn’t serve good white cupcakes but they do have a delicious super satisfying chocolate one.  I also had a spoonful of ‘dirt pudding/cake’ which is always yummy.  I also ate my orange at 4:00 so I could get closer to my fruit/veggie quota today. 

As I was clocking out I noticed that we have a mandatory meeting for the 10th of May.  THIS SUCKS!  That’s also my book club meeting night and I was really looking forward to this one.  I’m hoping the meeting ends quickly so that I can still attend.

At home I saw the amazing job the DH did on the bathroom.  He got the sink and toilet put in today.  OMG it looks like a real bathroom.  All he’s got to do is a few minor details (all week long).  Our friend Ashley M. arrived for our group night of tasting and shopping at the NFM.  While waiting on DH and roomie to finish getting ready I trimmed my nails (which cut my own knuckle btw while I was peeling the orange earlier and that’s the only reason why I mentioned this mundane task).   

We had a great time at the NFM.  Ashley got apples for 1.50 p lb, a bunch of onions for 1.00, bananas for around .60 a lb or so.  I got an eggplant for 2.00!  I was so excited!  I was really looking for pine nuts, Mexican cheese, and cucumbers.  For some strange reason cucumbers are averaging btwn .75 and 1.00 a piece right now.  Of course they are, b/c I’m craving them!  While we were there I saw some amazing jams/jellies that we are going to have to invest in after we consume the rest of our jars here at home.  They have a cantaloupe, F(fig)R(rhubarb or raspberry can’t really remember)O(orange)G(ginger) – I think that’s the correct fruits, boysenberry, and several other obscure kinds for 4.00 for an average sized mason jar (not the size I did last fall, but one size bigger).  I sampled lots and lots of cheese and a handful of baked goods.  I also almost got interviewed to maybe possibly be on a local network PBS show.  I chickened out b/c I wasn’t too sure about what was going on. 

I was shocked to discover that most of the items there were from Florida, not local.  I know in my head it’s too early to have produce here, but wasn’t sure I was expecting it to be shipped in.  It was sort of kinda like a grocery store with a discount, no sales tax, just a flat rate.  I really wanted to get some tomatoes and grapes.  The tomatoes were only 2.00 a lb, but I didn’t really need any, they just were beautifully red and the grapes were a bit high, even though they were super juicy and sweet.  At least now I know that grapes from FL are good this time a year.

We also some plants for really cheap and for some strange reason Aaron didn’t want to but them.  He told me but was so absorbed in my wine, the crazy root looking item, and the cheese table.  Not to mention the lady who was singing.  Aaron said that I walked through her performance but I could have sworn I walked on the side, basically around it.  Where else was I supposed to walk?

After we left there we went to the Mexican place by his parents but there was a line, a LOOOOOONG one, and opted to drive down the road.  We found another one a ways done called Tres Margarita.  They had two for one on the rocks, but I didn’t partake.  For dinner I had the chimichanga ala carte.  It was alright.  The tortilla wasn’t crispy as I like, but had a good flavor, was a decent price, and a decent size.  Ashley ordered the burrito supreme something and it was a monster of a burrito.  It looked like something Aaron would make at home.  The salsa wasn’t that great either it was kinda ketchupy.  But it totally satisfied the Mexican food craving better than Taco Bell would have. 

I’m really looking forward to getting together with Ashley S. to check out her wedding stuff.  She texted me earlier this week and asked if I wanted to come over sometime.  I jumped on the opportunity considering she’s getting married in one month and three days.  This way if for some strange reason she asks for help it’s not too late.  We also got their invitation in the mail today.  It was pretty.  However there wasn’t an RSVP card included, I’m assuming its b/c I rsvp’d on FB, but I wonder if other people got one.  I’m so curious about it all: how many people, what’s the theme, where’s the reception, what it’s going to be like, the flowers, and many other things.

High today: NFM, so much fun!  I can’t wait to go again.  Ashley M. said she’d make it a regular thing to go with me (not every weekend, but regular).

Thanks for taking time out for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment