Friday, April 15, 2011

TGIF

Today was definitely a roller coaster, ups and downs all day. 

I slept well, thanks to the Tizandine, and woke up easily.  I shaved my legs in expectation of our trip to Paris for my sunbathing and it only took an extra five minutes!  Don’t know how that happened. 

For breakfast I had fresh sliced strawberries mixed with CARB master vanilla yogurt.  It was great!  I’ll definitely be having that again, considering how many packs of strawberries I now have.  I have an alarm set for seven so that I don’t over read or eat or play with animals and at 6:50, Izzie had an accident in the hallway.  She heard the train and it woke her up.  She needed to go potty and didn’t make it to the door.  So I had to clean it up, Aaron was still asleep.  It was a bit strange.  It was lots of liquid and had a strange smell.  It kind of reminded me of stale hard oiled eggs, not rotten, but stale smelling.  So after cleaning this up I only had two minutes until my alarm went off, but I wasn’t even halfway done with breakfast.  Which means I had to rush and eat it instead of finishing savoring the creamy fruity mix. 

After she had her accident she went and laid in the laundry room like she was upset or embarrassed.  I was really worried that this was one of the first signs of her getting old and heading out the back door of life.  Kind of like how old people can’t hold their bladders anymore.  This isn’t the first time she’s had potty accidents this week. 

Well even though I had to take time to clean up the mess and rush to eat my breakfast I still made it to work ten minutes before clocking in, which gave me just enough time to check my emails. 

Once I clocked in I started to get super busy.  I wills say that I was allowed to take the speakers out of the banned office and bring them into the work room (now that I’m typing this I realized I forgot to put them back, uh-oh).  Well I was very successful; I finished our LP’s for May.  He only thing we didn’t complete was songs for the month.  We only have one to last all month and another for the last week.  We still need to get or supplies ready for next week, I’m hoping my CT was able to get it ready during her time, guess we’ll see on Monday.  I had my weekly phone conversation this week that I didn’t get to have last week.  I made the call at 11:30, but didn’t get her.  I had to leave a message and she called back at 11:45.  I was glad she called, but I didn’t get to document it, so hopefully I’ll get a chance to do it on Monday morning. 

At lunch time I rushed through eating it.  I packed a fabulous veggie tray with a cheese stick for protein and some fruit.  I didn’t get to eat the fruit till later.  I really dislike having to eat in the work room.  My lunch break is the only peace I get during a day and the person in the room with me wanted to talk and talk some more.  I had trouble hearing her b/c we were both eating crunchy food, the radio was on, and was trying to concentrate on my personal business.  However she still hasn’t grasped the concept of ‘down time’. 

After I rushed through lunch I went to the infant room, which I’ve discovered I really enjoy and kind of prefer.  Then I had to go to the toddler’s, which wasn’t as bad as I thought.  The LT was out on vacation and the AT got to get out do paperwork.  So the floater and I ‘ran’ the room.  It went by super quickly. 

At 3:50 or so Otsana comes into the class and tells me that I’m to go back to the infants at 4:00.  I gently reminded her that I was supposed to leave at 4:30 today, that’s my Friday schedule.  She said she knew and would be in there for me to leave.  Now lets fast forward till 4:35, I’m still in the baby room, on the clock, trying to find someone to come in and relieve me so I can go home b/c I’ve got to get on the road to Paris and don’t want to get caught in a storm.  Well Otsana comes in at five till five, and I’m still working.  She comes in a chats for a few minutes and mentions that she’ll come back in once more before she leaves.  And I’m in the floor sitting there wondering “is she going to come back in so I can leave?  I’m supposed to already be gone?  Why is it that she’s expects me to stick to her schedule when she can’t even do it herself?”  She never came back!  I had to stay until 5:15!  I guess it’s not a super huge deal, since I’m getting paid OT, but I’m going to have to say something to the DR about it.  I had somewhere I had to be and I was hungry (I didn’t eat my regular 4:00 snack b/c I thought I was getting off early).  

Now that its 5:15 and I’m off work, I’m ready and pumped to head to Paris for our weekend of relaxing and sunbathing.  However when I call DH he informs me of the horrible day he’s had.  He went and researched symptoms that Izzie was displaying and thinks she’s got something wrong with her.  He takes her to the vet and sure enough she’s in serious condition.  The vet tells him to rush down the road to the next clinic so that she can go into emergency surgery.  She’s got a terrible uterus infection and if not taken care of ASAP her uterus could rupture and kill her.  He takes her to the vet and they take care of her.  They removed her uterus, hopefully the infection, and spay her.  I hate that he had to go through this alone.  He didn’t call me b/c he didn’t want to upset me at work where I couldn’t do anything about it.  Instead he called his parents for help.  When I finally get home at six we head off to pick her up.   When we get there she’s moaning away in the oversized cave.  We talk to the vet tech about medicine and how things went.  Afterwards we talk to the vet about the actual surgery.  She’s informed us that Izzie has a mass right above where her uterus was that could be cancer.  The vet was unable to take a sample to biopsy b/c of all the blood vessels around it.  She was worried that if she tried to snip a piece she would hit a vessel and Izzie would bleed too much.  They are a vet’s office, not a surgeon’s office.  They didn’t have all the necessary equipment to do the procedure (a cauterizing tool and extra blood if a transfusion was required). 

She suggests that we take her to a surgeon after she heals from this operation.  He will hopefully do an ultrasound to view the mass and give his opinion.  Her plus side is “typically if it was cancer the dog wouldn’t be menstruating, and since she was, the mass could be something else”.  We have to take her back in the morning; they left the port in her paw.  We’ve also got five meds to administer regularly for the next two weeks.  I read the paper when we got home and it said the dr. had to take out the sutures.  She didn’t necessarily say that, so I’m wondering who removes them: us or her (I know when I had stitches as a child my dad removed them).  I also wonder if we have to pay a dr’s visit fee in the morning. 

It was plum pitiful when we left, got home, and when Izzie needed to potty.  When we left the guy vet tech and Aaron both had to carry her to the car.  When we got home he toted her in all by himself.  He couldn’t make it all the way to the couch and sat her in the floor.  She was so drugged she just chill-axed.  Then she lay all the way out and Ross had to help him take her to her fall colored cushion.  She tried to sit up a few times, but couldn’t.  At one point she sat farther up and moaned a little.  I told Aaron that she probably needed to go potty.  It took her a good five minutes just to stand and she was SOOO wobbly.  She crashed and stumbled the whole way to the back door.  Aaron had to support her to keep her upright.  As soon as she went out she had tons of fluid.  He also had to guide her back in and help her lay down.  She’s been home since around seven and it’s now a quarter after eleven.  She’s only been up once.  She’s so pitiful.  It’s so hard b/c we don’t know how she’s feeling exactly b/c she can’t verbalize it.  We know that she’s in a bit of pain b/c it was an operation and that she’s woozy b/c of all the drugs.  I hope that she heals soon, not out of selfish reason, but b/c I hate seeing her this way. 

It’s probably need less to say, but we aren’t going fishing this weekend, and we probably won’t go next weekend either.  The biggest down side, other than not fishing, getting to see family, and hopefully recollecting my cheese so I could make pimento cheese, is that I have all this fruit I bought my dad that I probably need to consume so it doesn’t go bad!  I’ve been in the process of trying to find some recipes to use it up.  I really want to make cookies and have been trying to find a fruit cookie.  Ooohhh, I should check my Frookie Cookie book!  Hopefully I remember that here when I finish checking the net.

Points/food wise I did really really well today (I did think we were going to stop and eat fast food).  I had 2PP at breakfast, 0 at lunch, and ended up having 9PP at dinner.  I also ate two cookies and had a cup of my favorite, but high point, coffee drink.  I totaled out at 21PP!

I think tomorrow won’t be as good.  I always find myself munching on ‘bad’ food when I hang out at home. 

My high today: Izzie is okay, she’s not headed out the “back door”.

Well thanks for letting me get out all my emotions…

No comments:

Post a Comment