Sunday, April 24, 2011

happy Easter

Today was an up and down kinda day as well as pretty boring towards the mid day and end. 

I woke up as usual, at seven, and stayed awake all day.  I would have liked to take a nap, but didn’t.  I showered, made ‘breakfast’ (one slice of toast with pumpkin butter/spread and iced coffee).  Then I called dad and we had our usual Sunday chat.  Nothing really important discussed.  They’ve had pretty harsh weather the last few days. 

Then I called mom.  She got a great Easter present from nature.  Mrs. Fancy face had her kittens!  She had them in the wee hours of Saturday morning.  She had three, one black and two creamy colored ones.  I tried to get Aunt Marsha, who was visiting this weekend, to text me a picture but it wouldn’t show up.  Guess I’ll have to wait till I visit again.  We stayed on the phone forever talking about how to help the kitty, the babies, and mom transition to ne life. 

Afterwards I just played on the internet and read my book btwn connections.  Aaron didn’t get up until 11:30, so we didn’t go to Logan’s or shopping today.  I was ready to eat by the time he got up.  Then we had a tiff about who should have done what.  He thought I should have gotten him up to remind him that we were going and I thought it wasn’t my responsibility to get him out of bed to go eat, if he wanted to go he should have gotten up himself.  The main reason we had this discussion is b/c he’s not hungry when he first gets up, he usually has to wait a couple of hours and I wasn’t willing. 

We never agreed who was at fault and ragged each other all day.  For lunch I had left over quinoa with veggies.  We just lounged around all day and watched movies.

We watched Megamind first.  It was cute.  I swear Megamind did not sound like Will Farrell.  Then we watched part of the Orphanage.  Aaron fell asleep, I really wanted too, but didn’t.  Since he fell asleep I changed to movie.  Instead we watched Couple’s Retreat.  He woke up and stayed awake for this one.  I liked it A LOT!  I’m glad we own it so I can watch over and over again.  This copy was Ross’ b/c DH parents have our copy, but it’s nice to know that we will have it forever. 

By this time I was hungry again so I went back in the kitchen and reheated some left over roast and potatoes and added some fresh steamed broccoli.  Then we went back to sitting in front of the bube tube and watched a bit more of X-Files. 

That’s it, we didn’t do anything today.

High: mommies’ kitties!

Thanks for listening…

No comments:

Post a Comment