What a day we’ve had in our family. I woke up prepared to take Izzie to the vet again for fluids, but not for all that happened. After waking I took a shower, as usual. I sat booted up the computer in order to upload the last few days of entries, but fate pulled the reigns and decided that’s not what I was going to do.
Since I got out of bed DH realized how cold he was and got out too. He brought Izzie into the room so I could take care of her while he took a shower. I was in the process of making breakfast. I had planned on making her a scrambled egg and an omelet for myself. I beat, ‘creamed’, and whipped her eggs and then scrambled it. I tried to give it to her and she snubbed it. I didn’t put salt, cheese, or any other flavor addition on it, just straight up eggs. Then I sautéed some onions and red peppers for my omelet. And then I added egg whites with a slice of fat free cheddar cheese. Before eating it I cracked a bit of salt over the top. On a whim I offered some to Izzie. To my surprise she ate it. Since she was enjoying it I gave her mixed bites of my omelet with her eggs to take her meds. Once we got to the nasty pills, Tramadol (I think that’s the name), she was over it. We had to force them down her throat. So we were glad that she ate, drank some water, and took her meds. About twenty minutes later though, everything she’s eaten the last twelve plus hours visited us on the papasan cushion. We’re not sure why she lost it all, but now we know she didn’t have any meds in her system. We clean up the mess and lay around till it’s time to go to the vets at noon.
At eleven we get up and start our plans. I made an amazingly delicious summer friendly fruit salad consisting of pineapple, cantaloupe, and strawberries. Aaron went out and finished cleaning the papasan cushion. I packed a sandwich and some chips for our picnic we were supposed to have. Of course as we’re getting ready to leave Ross gets up and he and Aaron decide to chit chat like hens for a little while.
We went straight to the vet and left her there. After leaving we got into a stupid tiff about lunch. It was one o’clock and I was hungry but he wasn’t. How r we supposed to have a picnic lunch when one of us isn’t eating. I’m also a little heated b/c Aaron metaphorically slapped my hands at my comments/behaviors/personality that showed through at the vet’s office. He viewed me as cutting him off and I was just asking questions b/c I thought he was done talking. These words don’t convey the tension that was in the car, but nothing really can. After parking in a lot, mind you no place for a picnic, Aaron decides he’s ready to eat, so we head over to Subway and he gets a sandwich. Then we drive to 100 oaks and eat in the car in the parking lot before shopping. Once we finished we went our separate ways to go into our stores. I went into the K&G (I think that’s the name) and realized I was one of the two white people in there. They had some interesting things. Then I headed off to TJ’s and found two items I wanted, but didn’t want to stand in line for just those so I put them back. Neither one were necessities, just interesting. Next I headed to Burlington . There I found lots of stuff I wanted. I ended up getting a fancy twistable grater and stainless steel mechanical can opener for my mom. I also spent lots of times looking at their coats and jackets they had on sale. I ended up purchasing two. One was a winter jacket that can be worn three ways: an insert on its own, an insert with the coat, and the outer coat on its own. The other coat was a slim fitting black coat with about six buttons straight down. I got it with the idea that it would be more of a dress up jacket for when I go places that the everyday wear coat doesn’t really match. I really wanted to get a few skirts, but then I’d have to find matching tops and we just didn’t have time (we had to stop somewhere else and then pick Izzie up, however I do want to go back with Carolyn and spent lots of time in there). We also spent lots of time looking at baby stuff. No reason really why we did it other than the pack in play was a deluxe line and I couldn’t believe how fancy it was and still inexpensive. We also looked at cribs. If we have kids I want a transitional bed and didn’t know if Aaron knew what they were. Then we looked at diaper bags and I found two that I LOVE. One was a bag style and the other was a backpack. They were the same brand. Each had a changing pad, lots of pockets (which I always want); one pocket was made specifically for wipes and included a wipe box and another unique pocket was insulated for bottles. Also one of the bags had a paci pocket, which was different. I was really shopping for new white dress shoes incase I need some for our Wednesday event. But all that I could find were patent leather, and that doesn’t really look good in white on my pasty skin.
After personal shopping we went to the salvage place and Essex to look at home stuff, but didn’t really find anything too interesting.
Then we picked up Izzie. We got mixed reviews. They kept the port in and want us to bring her back tomorrow and get checked out again. She didn’t eat at the vet b/c he didn’t want to upset her tummy since she threw up this morning. He advised us to get pedialyte to help rehydrate her. He also said that it was okay to let her soak up sun outside since her temp is still low. I found out the term for this is ‘hypo-something’, which makes sense b/c when you go into hypothermia, its b/c your temp is low and your body is shutting down. This vet told us to stop giving her the Tramadol b/c she may be sensitive to the side effect (drowsiness) and that’s what we’re seeing versus not healing. He told us that we could feed her anything except for grapes, bones, chocolate, onions, and mac nuts. He also wanted us to work really hard on keeping her body temp up at home.
From there we went to the store and bought more pb, bread (low car high protein), pedialyte, and my necessities and headed home. Once we got home Izzie decided she needed to go potty in the house by the new bathroom. At the same time I discovered that our roommate made a huge mess on the kitchen counter. There was tons of water spilled all the way under the microwave. At this point I’m livid. There’s pee to clean up, dog’s dinner to make, our dinner to make, a mess to clean up, and I forgot to get paper towels at the store! ERRRR, just typing this make me aggravated again. So it’s now after seven, which I don’t like to eat past, and still have to make dinner. We had planned on eating veggie lasagna, but it takes one hour to make plus ten to fifteen minutes set time so it’s not runny. Instead I indulge in a slice of new bread with a schmear of pb while waiting for my chipotle black bean burger to defrost and heat. I also consume more of my fruit salad while waiting. After the burger I finish off the fruit salad and have a couple pieces of dark chocolate. Tomorrow we are supposed to have pot roast for dinner. I hope that in the morning I feel like getting it together, b/c I don’t want to leave DH responsible for all of it. He is going to have to put the veggies in. I also need to call the vet at seven am about how long we can leave Izzie there on fluids yet again in order to make arrangements for our course. I think we are going to eat the veggie lasagna on Tuesday.
We also started the last season of X files today which means we are even closer to watching Battlestar Galactica. My high today?... the coats. I’ve lost a bit of weight and the coats I’ve been wearing are a wee bit too big (they are Aaron’s small ones) and I haven’t bought myself anything new in a new size till today.
Thanks for letting me release…
No comments:
Post a Comment