Today was pretty sucky. I woke up early, as usual, showered and then called my dad. I think he is definitely getting old. The last five or so times that I’ve talked to him he has told me almost the exact same story every time about the guy Howard he went to school with and how he teased him about going fishing. It varies in teeny details but none the less it’s the same story. He is either not paying attention to what he tells me or he is getting older and more forgetful. I hope it’s the first of the two.
After we got off the phone I tried to log onto the net and haven’t had much luck all darn day. I was able to check my email and that’s it. I tried to read my blogs, check my bank statement, and find the swt. potato candy recipe I wanted to make today.
Aaron actually got up before noon today. For some strange reason I was exceptionally irritable and felt strange all day. I told myself it had to do with the coffee with a teensy bit of cream in it.
We didn’t do much today, just lay around and watched the tube. We watched X-Files, just one disc. Afterwards we watched the new Fockers movie. We stopped twenty or so minutes in. My dad called and it was about time to start dinner. I made eggplant parmesan and would call it a failure. I got the points lower than the recipe I got off line. I tweaked the ingredients a bit I over toasted the eggplant during the first baking moisture releasing stage. I used too much sauce and cheese for the amount of veggie I had. Next time I will toast it less, use more veggie, less liquid and a smaller pan; at least some mix of these changes. DH and I got into a bit of a tiff while making dinner I should learn by now not to let him help me when he offers.
Point wide today I did really good: for lunch I had a pita (2PPS) with sliced chicken and FF cheese (1PP) with pickled okra and grapes. I ate two twizzlers (2PPS). For dinner I had the parmesan (4.5PPS) and a mixed green salad with craisins, sunflower seeds, almonds, grapes, and strawberry vignette (2.5PPS) and a glass of wine (8PPS). For dessert I had my Costco frappicino (not sure I spelled this right) mixed with coffee and blended over ice (4PPS) for a total of 24PPS all day!
I’d love to connect to the net while watching our movie, The Tourist, but don’t think it’s going to happen. Oh’s well.
High today: don’t think there is one I’ve been in a funk all day. BOO on me
Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment