So today was the start of my second weekend fishing since Izzie got sick. I still feel bad knowing she’s at home and probably needs us, but we’re not there. Before heading out today I nuked my sausage bagel sandwich; guestimated at 7PPS. I’d forgotten how yummy it was! I also made a cup of coffee to go. I didn’t last time and really wished I had. The coffee got cold on me. I only know this b/c sipped dad’s and his was much warmer. It’s b/c he nukes his before heading out. Tomorrow I plan on nuking mine too, but in a different glass (he does his in the plastic cup drinks it from! I was a bit more prepared this time on the food front and made a simple sandwich roll of spinach & herb tortilla with ham and some carrots.
We made it out on the water right before/as the sun was rising! Way to go us! We caught 22 fish today. I only caught 3. Aaron caught the first! If I had to pick which ‘special’ fish to catch it would be the first b/c no one can ‘take’ that bragging right from ya! If I catch a big fish someone else can always catch a bigger one and the same for the most. When we go crappie fishing he and I almost always compete to get the first.
While we were on the boat I was ‘bad’ and ate a few of the donuts dad got. These are so addictive. It’s the bakery ones that buy at grocery stores. The little fried chocolate covered ones. The first and only one, I ate so slow and savored. When I gave Aaron his seconds he kept trying to get me to nibble his, but I was strong and held out!
Once we got back home I took dad’s new car and headed up town. I went to the wine store first and bought a bottle of p. grigio by the Frei brothers. It was 7.00. I bought this one because the description said something about apples, floral, and citrus. Well both apples and citrus pair nicely with pork and I didn’t want a red wine. Then I headed to Wal Mart. I got in and out and bought only what I needed.
Back at the house we relaxed till dinner. For dinner we had grilled pork chops (blonde), mushrooms, bell peppers, those monster baked potatoes I got last night, and a side salad. I topped the salad with my new nuts and Mike’s ‘nasty’ balsamic vinegar and the tomato juice and it was fab-u-lous! The wine went superbly with the dinner. Before dinner we all tried the new balsamic vinegar I bought at TJ’s and he loved it, there fore the old one is the ‘nasty’ one, it’s not bad, it just doesn’t taste to par for Mike.
After dinner I used dad’s laptop and watched Dear John on Netflix. It was okay. I really think the creator left out a ton of the story from the book. Definitely glad I haven’t bought it.
High today: being out on the lake with family
Thank you for staying tuned in…
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that on hwy 79 Sally Lanes has posted a mobile candy shop!
No comments:
Post a Comment