Sometimes when I don’t get to post on Wednesday’s I feel like I’m super behind since I’ve been entering everyday for the last month and a half or so. We ate at the Melting Pot last night for David’s birthday and I was way more impressed last night than the first time we went there for his birthday a couple of years back. This was the second time I’ve been there. David and I did the ‘Big Night Out” as a couple and it was GREAT. The restaurant has a special menial that changes every six months or so and the most current one is a Caribbean Latin fusion spiced dinner. I loved the chimmichuri steak and chicken pieces! I made a huge pig of myself and ate almost both of the whole slices of cheesecake they serve. David ate a couple bites of the plate that we shared and Aaron and his mom didn’t eat any of theirs so I did. Our dessert fondues were bananas foster and tipsy turtle (chocolate with nuts). I really liked the cheesecake with a little bit of both topped with extra pecans.
Anyways that was yesterday and this entry is supposed to be an entry for today, Thursday. I woke up and was still full! All I had for breakfast was a c up of chocolate milk and a banana (the banana was much yummier than the one I had to put in a bag to ripen). I read a little bit of Sookie’s story and then headed off.
I’d made my lunch Tuesday night b/c I knew I wouldn’t want to do it when we got home last night (which was after ten btw). So all I had to do was pack them in the box. I stopped and got gas, but can’t remember what it ran me, good thing I kept the receipt.
When I got to work I checked my emails, oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I bout a groupon for the Thai place over near Aaron’s parents house (two actually, one for me and one for Aaron). Nothing too much worth while. Living social escapes is offering a five day stay at a cabin/b&b place, but it’s a week day stay only.
I checked a few of the blogs and one of my favs announced a new food festival I’d really like to attend on Saturday June 4th. Aaron said he wouldn’t mind going to it with me! Now I need to decide if I want to purchase tickets there; 15.00 for 12 or advance/online 50.00 for 50.
Before starting the day my CT showed me that our new kid’s mom brought in sunscreen and we got doctor’s orders faxed over. This caused a little frustration b/c our class will not go out in the afternoons, which is the only time we put it on the kids. However the DR told the parent’s we would go outside and she needed to get it. The only reason it frustrates me is b/c I’m the only one who keeps up with the med logs and does all the necessary filing and what not for them. It just sucks b/c I’m going to have to record NN (not needed) everyday b/c DR made a mistake and doesn’t want to cause upset to the family.
Both my CT and I had migraines today; hers’ was a bit more severe. She was sensitive to smell all day.
We only had five kids for the first part of the day and the sixth one showed up a few minutes before lunch time. Of course he was a little of whack b/c of his, but we made it through the day. Our new guy that started on Tuesday napped again today and I was able to finish my daily notes as well as post them online!
After the kids left I got a small head start on tomorrows beginning paperwork (turning n sign in/out and flow sheets_.
Next I went to the big kid’s class and found out that one of my old guys last day was today. I knew he and his brother was leaving, but I thought it was tomorrow. I got a great hug from the big brother and the little one snubbed me! As I was leaving I saw their mom and she was already in tears. I stopped and talked to her for a little bit before heading out.
Before leaving I played in the toddlers and felt a little bit more comfortable with the AT in the room. She actually let me open up a bit about my feelings/opinions about working with CT. She also told me a few things I wouldn’t have thought she would. It’s one of those things that I’ve got to be careful with though b/c one can never know who to trust.
I called Aaron as I got in the car, but he didn’t’ answer. He returned m call a few minutes later and had just gotten out of the shower. YAY for him since we had plans to be somewhere! We went to Generous Helpings and it was great. I’m not going to go into details about all the goodies there were, but Fido was there with their amazing r rated chocolate cupcakes! I also really enjoyed their beef sandwiches, Local Taco’s beef taco, Mad Platters BBQ, Amerigo’s mushroom pasta and tomato mozzarella salad with basil avocado vinaigrette, Tayst (I think) chicken and sweet potato biscuits, Sweet 16’s macaroons, and Pied Piper creamery’s ice cream! Aaron really enjoyed NSCC culinary institute’s shrimp and grits.
As we were finishing Aaron kept talking about how stuffed he was. It tickled me so! I knew going in that he didn’t think he was going to get a full belly from tastes, but oh he did. He kept moaning and groaning and belching and displaying all the super full belly signs. When we got home he wanted to lay straight in bed versus on the couch in the living rooms.
Looking forward to the food festival!
High today: dinner date with the hubby!
Thanks for listening…
No comments:
Post a Comment