Today was a pretty low key day. I had my alarm set for 8 so we could get to Izzie's dr. appt on time, but of course I woke up early. I just took it as a way to take my time in the shower primping and pruning (that way I don’t have to start from scratch so to speak on Monday for my girl’s night).
I didn’t have a real breakfast just a piece of fruit, I know it’s lame and very unhealthy but I figured I’d have a super fattening lunch at the FM, which is where I was planning on going after the appt (not to mention I’d also wanted to stop at Main St. and pick up three bottles of wine that I’d partake of later ; ) I bought another bottle of s. blanc, by the same peeps who make the yummy Carmene I like so much, a bottle of sparkling shiraz (woo hoo, I really need to let fellow blogger know since she turned me onto it) and a blend that the CSR suggested, it’s a red).
The dr.'s appt was fine and didn’t break the bank. She had a hot spot like was thought as well as a breakout under her belly (that I would have thought would be from her hair growing back where they shaved her for surgery) but the doc wanted to make sure it wasn’t an infection since it was so close to the hot spot. He checked her vitals: temp was a little low (but now we (Aaron and I) think she may just run a little lower than the average dog, she has some weird growth on her gum line (which we have to keep an eye on), and a heart murmur (which is pretty normal for a senior citizen (which is what she is in dog years!). He wrote a script for cephalexin, which I had some had home to give her while waiting for the pharmacy to fill it YAY ME!!!
So when we got to that area of town we always take Ellington PKWY and get off at Cleveland and do the same route to get back home. Well last night and today (after going to the vet twice within ten hours) I made the same mistake. The city is doing construction on that exit and the road traveled is a little different. I missed the turn off onto Ellington to go back home both times! Of course I realized it both times within the first block that I missed it, but didn’t feel like turning around. Luckily enough Cleveland connects to Dickerson and I knew that and drove that route.
On the way home today my heart ached. As I turned onto Dickerson I saw this dog on the right sidewalk kind of pacing. I don’t usually think much about strays, just b/c I can’t or else I’d be in a lot of trouble. Well when I got closer I saw it had something funny on its belly. It was her teats! She obviously had puppies somewhere b/c they were very large. I felt so bad for the doggy. It was either lost, wanted some food to fill her teats, or couldn’t find her babies (that’s what I think anyways). I was so torn btwn stopping and giving her some food and going home. The reason I didn’t stop is b/c I had Izzie in the car and I wasn’t sure how the mommy dog would act towards anther female dog (I really think it was a pit mix). Thinks like this always humble me. I often think “we don’t have money or ways to pay for this or that but allow ourselves the little indulgences” and then this happens and I think OMG I shouldn’t have that indulgence I should do this instead.
I brought Izzie home and gave her some of my old meds which was one of the easiest doses we’ve had yet! She took it so well. Then I had a bag of almonds while I tried to check my message I’d seen to a fellow blogger, but of course the net wouldn’t connect. Fortunately the place she mentioned, as well as FM, was listed in the phone book so I got their addresses and saved em’ in my phone and headed over to the Produce Place .
It was an interesting little spot. It was kind of like a market stand but with walls and cold/ice containers as well as bulk items. It was super cramped and you had to think and be skinny when someone wanted to pass. The only reason I went there is the chicka said there was a “Strawberry Festival” going on. To me I’m thinking something large and packed. This was simple and quaint! There were eight vendors side by side handing out samples: a fun flavored popcorn seller, a strawberry farm from Carthrage (?), a Roobios iced tea maker, salsa vendor, bee farm vendor from Franklin, Olive & Sinclair chocolates, some pizza guy with no pizza, and a man from a restaurant in Hendersonville giving out lamb, hummus, and tabuleh. I ended up buying some amazing smelling and tender to the touch peaches (2.00 lb), cucumbers (2 for 1.00!!!), gorgeous snow white red tomatoes (2.00 lb), crème brulee coffee beans, and hot & spicy sprouts. They had the grain I’ve been looking for but it was 6.00 lb and I just didn’t know if I wanted it for that price considering I’ve never eaten it before and I don’t know if I like it or not.
From there I drove myself to the FM, but b/4 stopping I dropped Izzie’s script off at Kroger that was caddy corner. How lucky is that?!? I also got an amazing parking spot at the FM. It was right in front of the last entrance across from the lines where people don’t park, so when I left I just pulled straight out not to mention it was easy to find my car! I discovered that not only is there a FM there but there was also a flea market, which is what I walked directly into. The first (and only) thing I bought was two belts. I’ve been needing a new black one for some time (DH said he’s not going to put anymore holes in my current one) and didn’t feel like buying a brand new one (since that one was relatively new, I just accidently bought it too big). Well I looked for a black belt and couldn’t find one I liked the metal piece on so I looked at the fun colored ones which were a dollar more. I found one right away that I liked. Then I found black one on the ‘expensive’ side but it was too big. The lady who ran the stall found me the correct size on the ‘cheaper’ belts and gave me a deal. I got both belts for the ‘cheaper price’ combo! WOO HOO!! I almost bought Aaron one but didn’t know his size, not to mention he already has tons of belts, and I don’t think he wears them that often.
After getting my new belts (that’s a weird word) I meandered around the market houses. I sampled some chicken salads and got their menu so I could recreate their flavors (hopefully). I also had my first Indian Samasoa, which was ‘ehh, at least I can say I’ve had one’ now. There wasn’t much there to strike my fancy. One stall did have the most gorgeous tri colored bell peppers of all the stands, but she wanted gold for em’ and I told myself I’d hold out till I went to the grocery if I needed em’.
When I finished at the FM I went into Kroger thinking I’d get my last few produce items and yogurt but I didn’t like their selection/price/unknown priced items so I picked up the script and headed back to our local stop and shop! I’m glad I did! I got a 3lb bag of small hands Jazz apples (2.87), the greenest bananas I’ve ever seen (.52 lb), strawberries (x2 @ 1.67 each), another bag of cuties, purple grapes (1.98 lb), a red onion to make tomato cucumber salad as well as to have on sandwiches/wraps, and a package of mushrooms just to have b/c we love them so much!!! I also picked me up a new loaf of 2PPS per serving bread to have sandwiches this week (with my new sprouts!) AND I found a new brand of tortillas that are only 1PPS each. I was so excited about them that I bought both packages (whole wheat and spinach and herb). I also picked up a gallon of milk and some more cottage cheese. However this time I bought the 1% kind in hopes that it’s yummier than the FF kind and its 2PPS. I think that’s all I got there. As I was checking out I looked at my stuff and judged. I thought man do I look like a hippy health nut kind of person. Little does the cashier know that the stuff I bought is just perishable stuff and I’ve got loads of non hippy non health junk at home on the shelves and in the deep freeze!
Before coming home I had one more stop to make: Kroger. I know you’re thinking ‘didn’t you already go there and not like it?’ Yes I did, but I knew I wanted to buy yogurt, but didn’t want it to set in my car while I was shopping. I wanted it to be the last thing I got. So that’s all I bought while I was in there. Mind you I did swing by their produce section and didn’t find anything I wanted and then headed straight to the dairy case. I bought 10, thinking 5 wouldn’t be enough, and this way I don’t have to stop by here again so soon. I hope they don’t put anything on sale tomorrow that I MUST HAVE.
At home I put away the groceries and labeled my new foods with point values and settled in to reading my book. I took a little nap before dinner. When I woke up I knew I wasn’t hungry, working on reading those body cues, so I at a cutie and watched some Seinfield. After a couple of episodes my belly started to rumble. I reheated more of the veggie lasagna and had it with a glass of my Rose. I also had two cookies for dessert. Later while watching the show they made me crave popcorn so I went and popped a bag of kettle corn, thanks Lindsay for getting me addicted to the stuff ;0).
After the disc was over I sat in my comfy chair and read more of my book. I almost finished it! I didn’t read as much as I did last night, but I didn’t start as early either. There are still two chapters left, which I’m hoping to finish tomorrow. I also want to get in the kitchen and bake my goodies as well as needing to clean the guest room for Mike since he’s supposed to stay here and help on the house. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that I’m productive tomorrow X.
High today: tortillas!!!
Thanks for taking a few minutes…
No comments:
Post a Comment