Sunday, May 15, 2011

just a tid bit

Today wasn’t all that exciting at all.  I did a bunch of nothing, literally.  I woke up and tried to check my back logged blogs, but it was a no go.  The laptop kept giving me some weird bubble stating something about our IP address being invalid, oh well, luckily enough I had the recipes saved that I wanted/was thinking about using today. 

I just chilled till noonish and then finally got up and started moving around.  I ate a late breakfast/lunch: Quaker oat cereal with strawberries.  For future reference Driscol strawberries are better than the Dole berries.  Who would have thunk it?  Definitely not me. 

Afterwards I got up and started to play in the kitchen.  And when I say play, I literally mean play.  I made two recipes (sort of) and just dilly daddled through out.  Most people get in and get out; I kind of just meandered through the recipes.  I made this and half way through this.  The first was really good and I can’t wait for my coworkers/family to try them!  I substituted sun crystals for the sugar, pancake syrup for the maple syrup/honey, and cuties (mandarin tangerines) for the lemon zest.  I think there’s a hint too much salt in the first one.  LOVED the citrus substitution, will probably always use it.  And will probably keep the syrup.  The recipe made way too much filling and not nearly enough cookie batter.  I made little turnover/pie thingy’s instead of filled double layer cookies as stated in the directions.  Much cuter and took the recipe a little farther. 

I didn’t finish the second one due to having to roll it in balls.  The mixture wasn’t solid enough to roll so I put it in the freezer waiting for it to get harder but the DH came home and the baking fun wasn’t as important. 

Once he got home we chatted/discussed life in general, nothing important, just same ol same ol talk.  Then had dinner and watched some back logged 24. 

That’s it, that’s all I did today, oh wait, I finished the first book and started the second one!  Now that’s all I did.

High today:  DH came home!!!

Thanks for taking a couple of seconds…

No comments:

Post a Comment