Tuesday, May 10, 2011

mandatory missing out

I woke up this morning feeling a bit in a druged like daze.  I slept pretty soundly, at least I think I did anyways.  I was so temtpted to sleep in, but knew I couldn’t, so I got up and started my day.  For breakfast I tried my dad’s combo of cottage cheese and fresh pineapple.  It was ‘eh’, I’d probably eat it again in a pinch, but I still think the canned peaches goes best (at least with the FF cottage cheese). 

I made my lunch last night so packing was easy!  I did almost leave Izzie without food and had to stop, set everything down, and make her breakfast (only to find out when I got home after seven she didn’t eat it; I guess she doesn’t like the flavor canned food I mixed in – the one with liver, chicken, and beef * note to self do not feed her this again).

As I as leaving the house I was seriously craving an iced coffee, I was so tempted to stop and get one, but told myself I could make one when I got to work.  Well by the time I got there (of course I was early as usual) the front entrance was an icebox so I didn’t really need the frosty-ness of the superb bean drink, maybe tomorrow (I should really go grind some more beans right now!).  I actually made it through checking all my emails, blogs, and managed to log onto my bank account.  As I was balancing it I noticed an odd check number (about fifty before what is currently being written), so I click it to view the check.  LOW AND BEHOLD it’s the check I sent into Grand Incentives for our FREE VACATION!!!  Now I’ve got mixed feelings: happy to go on vacation and OMG we can’t go on vac. right now, there’s too much going on in our life.  Not to mention we’ve not gotten any info about it so now I’m going to be stressed to find a flight that doesn’t break the bank and inform our director of which day I’m taking off.  This also leads me to needing to find out how many vacation hours I really have left to use.  I-yhi-yhi!!!  I texted Aaron and his response was ‘cool’, just like a man to handle it so smoothly. 

Anyways the day was decent enough.  Our little guy who took forever to transition and still has to work on self soothing (at the age of thirty five months) had a bit of a rough one.  His sinuses are bothering him and he just screamed off and on all day.  I told him that his friend and I felt his pain, but we were big kids and not fussing about it; that didn’t help – who would have thought?.  The day went smooth other than that.  Kids napped, we got up and made our pinecone feeders (too much fun) and I went to the next two rooms: babies and toddlers.  I got to play with the new baby and he kind of looks likes Deveraux from the Disney/Pixar animated film – too freaken’ cute!  In the toddlers my CT and I worked on their kids growing up and handling that their teachers left and we were going to play, not eat.  When it was finally snack time we ate the oyster crackers I bought from Piggly Wiggly.  They were really good, not like normal crackers, they kind of tasted like a biscuit! 

Oh I should also mention the bit of ‘heartbreak’ I experienced today.  One of the kids on my caseload that I’ve had since we started the new room here at the new school turns three next Wednesday!  You say – ‘what’s’ the big deal?’.  When our kids turn three they age out of our class/school and have to move on!  I thought I had till June 18th before losing him (that’s what our net website said about assessing him).  Nope, he’s got two more days with us and then he’s gone!  Just too much and not to mention they’ve already got a kid lined up to take his place!  (oh boo while typing this ‘Candle in the Wind’ came on, Elton’s version!)  I’ll miss him terribly; he’s just too much fun. 

After clocking out I went to the work room and did my homework assignment (that we got yesterday afternoon – write out an activity and make six copies).  I did the pinecone activity and was proud of myself.  Then we had our meeting.  It was about insurance, 401k’s/retirements, and summer curriculum.  I really need to work more on understanding retirement accounts!  Every time this topic comes around I have to be explained all the details again and again!  The meeting itself wasn’t too bad.  They served us tortilla chips, salsa, and a bean and cheese dip (the scales definetly show that I ate all that great bad for me stuff).  There was also a hugeamongus cake that got cut as we were all leaving, of course I had a piece of that too.  It was a double layer chocolate cake with a layer (not a smear, but an actual layer the same size of the cake) of cool whip (or something similar) with the same kind of ‘frosting’.  YUMMY!!!  I really do like cool whip and could just spoon it out of the tub and eat it. 

When I got home, I was full from all the junk I ate today (I forgot to mention that through out the day I ate a super large portion of banana pudding made with chessman cookies instead of wafers) and it was after seven so I didn’t really eat a real dinner (just the bean dip, hey it was protein!). 

So because I had the mandatory meeting I missed out on two fun events tonight: my book club meeting for the awesome book I’ve been reading and a LBDC happy hour at Yolo’s and a free movie!  BUMMER  Lucky enough I guess the first meeting got canceled. 

My in-laws were nice enough to stop by today and let Izzie out to go potty, but she still had an accident in the same place she did yesterday, right in front of the back door too close to our ‘pantry’ supplies.  They stopped by around 1:30 and left me the Costco coupons! 

I’m not watching any movies or doing any girly activities tonight, just relaxing with Izzie, reading, and listening to music. 

High today: playing with the babies!!

Thanks for listening…

No comments:

Post a Comment