Sunday, May 22, 2011

sunning Sunday

So today was another laid back day.  I got up super early again in order to get out on the lake.  Before heading out I made a good for me protein and fiber filled bfast of an English muffin one ‘scrambled’ egg and a piece of cheese.  I also had enough time to place a few pieces of ham on a couple of slices bread for lunch.  While we were out on the boat I only ate two pb crackers! 

Dad caught the first fish, Aaron caught the most and biggest, and I only caught a measly one fish.  We only caught eight total.  We were only on the lake until elevenish.  We left before a storm hit and it was super bumpy getting off!  We were all so wet you would have thought we rode on a water ride at a theme park.  Dad was nice enough to save Okie and stray kitty a few scraps of fish and I talked Aaron into saving the egg sacks four our kitties. 

When we got back to the house everyone just relaxed.  Dad napped and Aaron and I played on the net.  I managed to view all m back dated blogs and looked at all the coupon sites I’ve wanted to check out.  There were several coupons and deals I wanted to buy but couldn’t afford to get them all. 

For dinner we had home made roast beef sandwiches.  They were GREAT!!  Mike buttered and toasted some Wal Mart bakery Kaiser rolls.  He put a slice of Swiss on one half and a slice of provolone on the other half.  Then he made au jus for us to dip and warm the roast beef in.  In addition he sautéed mushrooms in Madera and onions.  Oh man, what a tasty melt in your mouth delicious sandwich, accompanied by a pickle spear and some wavy lays.   

We left a little while later and came home.  Once we got back not too much happened.  We settled in and watched a couple episodes of 24. 

High today: that roast beef sandwich, which we will be recreating!

Thanks for taking a couple of seconds today…

No comments:

Post a Comment