Today was a pretty good day. I woke up with a semi headache/migraine and managed to get rid of it myself while taking a shower. I used my PT’s technique of turning my head and pressing on the base of my neck. For breakfast I had blueberry yogurt (2PPS) and a banana. I knew that today was going to be an ‘unhealthy’ food choice day (teacher appreciation week and an Italian lunch was being provided) so I packed three fruits: grapes, oranges & a tangerine, and an apple. I read more of my book and relaxed with Bella kitty
I made it to work early with time to spear and play on the net. As soon as I got to the building I made a fresh pot of coffee. I checked my email and really wanted to buy the livingsocial deal, but resisted b/c I don’t really need it. I also discovered that the blog I LOVE posted some new exciting information: East Nashville has its own Farmer’s Market!!! I can’t wait! I’m going to try to go to the FM at Sevier Park on Tuesdays and then EFM on Wednesdays! (I’m trying to connect to the net to find out more info, but of course its being a PITA.)
We had a normal crazy morning in class with our kids. One of the Hispanic families, that’s on my caseload, brought in a piece of paper from a medical department that was in Spanish. It was two pages long and had highlighted spaces which means it needed to be singed. There were two places and only one was signed. I tried to ask grandma what it was for but she didn’t know. She also didn’t know it was in Spanish, she was just giving it to me. Eventually I let our Outreach Director (ESL) read it and attempt to inform me what it was. She too was confused! She got to come in at two when the kid got picked up and she talked to the grandma. Come to find out it was a piece of paper sent home for his parents to sign and return to me to give to the PT (I think). Anyways grandma took the paper back to his parents and they are supposed to take it to his therapy session. However I’m jumping ahead of my day so let me take a few minutes to talk about the goodies of the day.
As mentioned earlier we had an Italian lunch provide for us: two lasagnas, baked spaghetti, meatballs, ceaser salad, a fresh fruit nut salad, tons of bread, and ridiculous amounts of sweets/baked goods! Did you notice that there weren’t any veggies or fruit listed? That’s b/c there wasn’t any, and don’t say the salads count b/c they don’t one was covered in parmesan cheese and fattening ceaser dressing and the other was spinach (the only veggie) with craisins, walnuts, and parmesan cheese! I had two small servings of spaghetti and two small servings of the lasagna (one of each kind). To keep from eating too much salad (the fruit nut one) I put it in a cup instead of a bowl or plate. I also had one decent sized portion of one of my favorite treats: magic cookie bar! I ate the entrée really slow and drank lots of water trying to get full so I wouldn’t want/eat much more. Man I wish you could have shared some of the magic cookie bars. The baker added butterscotch morsels to the mix and it five times better than a regular one. Oh yeah she added walnuts too! Need less to say I ate more than one of these (two in total, one large piece and three small bite sized pieces). I also ate a sliver of lemon ice box pie, a cupcake, and two fudgy chocolate brownies (I’d like to mention that I didn’t eat all of these at once, it was from noon till four). I will say that the Italian dinner didn’t compare to the last few years, our regular chef hasn’t gone to school here in a while. I text her about it and she just happened to make her dish yesterday for her kids school. I’m so bummed I don’t work there. Then the person who has been making the baked spaghetti didn’t sing up for it. The person who made it today had a decent enough one (hence the reason I ate two servings), but still not as yummy as the Reeses.
An aggravating point of the day: my CT and I got shafted on our paperwork time (was expected). We had three teachers out and she and I had to cover two of those rooms so the DR and AD could leave the classes and do their regular duties. Well of course this puts us behind, as usual. Hopefully tomorrow we will get caught up or at least close. I got to play with my old kids, literally the last group that I taught before this class. It was fun. We identified boy parts on the Barbie doll and sang songs and pretended to exercise. I was shocked to discover that two of the girls knew what ‘boobies’ were and showed me theirs in the funniest manner. One little girl just stuck her outs and the other little girl lifted her shirt and stroked here nipples. So strange to say this ‘out loud’.
Then I went to my normal room, the toddlers. I was there long enough to change diapers and then had to head back to the other room so the LT could leave on time. We played for a little bit (thirty minutes) in the classroom and then we went outside. So I spent the last half hour of my day outside! How nice! Way nicer than in the cold room with the kids who are too young to listen and don’t do much other than run round the room like made rapid kids!
When I got home we started dinner: venison Mexican. I sautéed the onions and then went about making my salads, that’s right ‘s’, I’m having two tomorrow since I’ve done so awful food wise this week. The first salad will be at lunch, and will have the regular garden toppings: cucumber, celery, radish, tomatoes, carrots, green onion, and egg with ranch dressing. The second one, for dinner, is the fancier fru fru one: fresh grapes, soy energy blend, boursin cheese, and a raspberry vinaigrette. I’m going to take my left over fruit from today and eat that.
For dinner we had the venison Mexican as mentioned earlier. I sautéed the onions and then added the ground venison. I sprinkled that with taco seasoning and dehydrated jalapenos. Then that simmered for a little bit. Next we added green chilies, a can of rotel tomatoes, and a can of black beans. I thin all together the whole skillet added up to 30PPS: 20 for the venison and 10 for the beans. If divided by six it makes a serving 5PPS. I ate it over a bed of lettuce with a dollop of sour cream. I’d forgotten how much I enjoy sour cream. DH put his in a burrito with some shredded cheese minus the lettuce.
After dinner I had a cup of my favorite hot tea. My throat is starting to feel bad and I took some medicine for it hoping it would feel better. I’ve also heard that the red tea I drink is good for allergies too.
High today: butterscotch magic cookie bars!!!
Tanks for taking some time…
No comments:
Post a Comment