Friday, May 6, 2011

TGIF

Today was a semi typical Friday with its ups and downs.  For breakfast I had my super yummy vanilla carbmaster with strawberries and bananas.  Our bananas were getting spotted so I needed to hurry up and eat em’.  I liked the combo.

I got to work only five minutes early so I only got to check and delete my email.  I finished my summaries today which means they were only one day late!  However I didn’t finish one b/c I had to wait to talk to a parent to complete the last paragraph.  I called her at ten and she never called me back.  I guess on Monday first thing when I clock in I need to fill in the blank and print it. 

Otsana comes in at 11:05 and tells me the plan for the day, which ended up with me losing an hour of paperwork time (lucky I got those done!).  I had to take my lunch break ASAP, at 11:10, and wasn’t anywhere near hungry.  Then I went to the baby room from 11:40 to 1:00.  Then I spent the day jumping back and forth from the baby room to the toddlers. 

The hour I lost my CT kinda gained but lost at the same time.  She had to attend the new weekly summer curriculum meeting!  So she lost an hour of paperwork time, but “gained” it in ‘planning’.  Stupid Otsana, not knowing how to manage people or work with children with special needs.  I don’t know all the details, but I do know that we are doing a new theme every two weeks for the summer and the whole center has to do the same theme.  This is aggravating b/c our kids will only get exposure to the theme for four days!  That is no where near enough time for them to learn and understand.  All the rest of the kids will get ten days of exposure!  ERRR, this makes my blood boil just typing it!  Anyways not only is it an awful idea, but the themes (the first two I know about) are sorta kinda stupid and don’t really flow.  We are supposed to do circus the first two weeks and then dinosaurs the next two weeks.  Why can’t it be circus and zoo animals?  That would make way more sense!  Why do we have to jump around so sporadically?  The kids are going to be so confused! 

I ended up working a little bit later which means I get more OT this week.   I babysat for Ilagans which was kind of a lot of fun.  We went outside and Erin played in this great big blow up ball that she could roll around in.  Audrey worked on signing ‘more’ while swinging, walking with one hand held, and standing alone for ten seconds!  It made me have a mommy moment. 

Then Aaron and I drove to Paris separately.  While driving we talked on the phone about having kids.  I know this got Aaron really excited, but made me nervous.  I’m totally unsure if I want kids, but I’m worried that I’m going to be too old to have em’ by the time my mommy clock starts ticking.  I told him we would talk about this July, which is only two months away as of today!  July 6th was when I quit the restaurant job and that’s when I said we would start talking about it.  Then while driving I kept thinking if we tried in June, and were successful, then we would have one by March, which is kind of what I would like (I know if I ever do get pregnant I DO NOT want to be in my third trimester during the summer b/c I’m super cranky when I get hot).  But then I started freaking out thinking: this time next year, if we tried, I could be a mom!  How scary!  Aaron says it’s not scary and people do it all the time and adjust and survive.  To have or not to have is the question?!?

Well it’s ridiculously late, and I know this post doesn’t make much sense, but now I need to go to bed.

High today: getting to go/come home to visit with mom.

Thanks for taking the time…

No comments:

Post a Comment