Monday, May 16, 2011

LBDC @ Sambuca's

Man today was R-O-U-G-H!  I woke up a little groggy again today.  I knew I had to be at work early so I didn’t spend as much time reading and ‘breathing’ as usual.  I traded shifts with CT so I could attend girl’s night. 

For breakfast I had red. fat cottage cheese (2PPS) with a fresh peach I got from the
Produce Place
on Saturday, LOVED IT!! 

At work I only had about five minutes to check emails before clocking in.  I really wanted to purchase the livingsocial deal, a Thai place over by the in-laws I’ve been dying to try, but didn’t have enough time.  I registered for tonight’s event with the LBDC, happy hour martini’s! 

After clocking in I started and got almost all the necessary supplies ready for the week.  YAY ME!!!

The morning was okay, sort of.  When I put my shoes on at home my right foot kind of felt weird.  I didn’t think anything about it and went about my merry little way.  Well about lunch time the pain REALLY kicked in.  My knee down to my toes have been hurting since elevenish.  I took some Motrin, thanks CT, and it hasn’t helped a lick!  It’s like something’s torn or pulled.  I can’t get comfortable, and haven’t been able to all afternoon. 

So I swallowed the pain and went through my day.  Nap time sucked.  We had one kid who slept for maybe about 30 minutes.  The rest wrestled, babbled, and argued through nap time.  I think the pain I was experiencing in my leg made it worse.  ERR

Anyways after our kids left I went to the big kids and thought I was going to have to bonk them all on the head.  During circle time one kept kicking my foot and caused shooting pain up to my thigh!  I stayed with these guys till I left to go to Sambuca’s.

I work my new 7.00 dress from TJ’s.  I sat with new chicks and thought it was kind of different.  They were all a bit older/mature and had children ranging form 5/7 to 23.  Some were divorced and some were still married.  It was kind of weird.  I’m a bit glad that they weren’t the chicks I sat with the first time or I probably wouldn’t have joined.  My other chicks, any of them out of four, weren’t there.  Don’t get me wrong these ladies were okay, but I didn’t have too much in common with them.  I will admit that three of the four new what I did for a living when I said it, which was really nice!  One of them was totally from Australia.  I should be able to remember her name b/c it is similar to Claire, from Lost and they are both Australian. 

I’m really hoping to attend the downtown scavenger hunt and the chocolate murder mystery and hopefully will have more in common with some of those ladies.

At the restaurant I had two martinis.  I can’t remember the name of either one but the first one had vodka, elderflower liquor, and champagne and the second one was the “chocolate” one on the skinny bitches menu.  I liked the first one better, which is weird b/c as I was drinking it I didn’t think I liked it too much.  But when the second one came out it wasn’t at all what I thought it was going to be.  It was too vodka-ey.  Live and learn, right?!?  Also they served us some chicken and beef satays, a semi delicious cheese beignet with goat/mozzarella, prosciutto, and basil (needed more basil IMO), shrimp dip, pizza, and bruchetta.  There was also a nice candy ‘bar’ buffet which I ate lots of skittles, a handful of gummi bears, some mini Hershey’s and a couple of Reese cups.

Once I got home the DH had a couple of boxes of left over donuts on the counter, damn him!  And of course I checked it out: there were two chocolate cake donuts, one of which I felt like I needed to try b4 it went stale!

Then I sat down and rubbed a bit of Icy/Hot on the tender knee and foot hoping it would feel better tomorrow.  I got on the scale before sitting down to do this entry, it wasn’t a happy number. 

Hopefully I will do better through out the week till Thursday.  Keeping finger’s crossed X.

High: coming home to rest

Thanks for taking a couple of minutes to listen…

No comments:

Post a Comment