Monday, May 23, 2011

tranquil beginning

So today was a pretty easy Monday.  I woke up on time and got to work with an hour to spare!  For breakfast I had a bowl of Kashi Go Lean crunch (a partial serving for 4PPS) with milk and a banana totaling 5PPS.  While eating I paid the bills and finished a chapter of Sookie. 

For lunch I made an open face bologna sandwich (2PPS) with, grapes, mandarin oranges, and a Braeburn.  I didn’t eat the apple, but I did eat everything else. 

As I mentioned a moment ago I had plenty of time to spare.  I left the house early thinking I would stop and get gas as well as go to Trader Jo’s, but the whether was super nasty so I just went to the library and dropped off my book.  This is the only reason why I got there so early.  Oh yeah, I guess I should mention the reason I went to TJ’s is b/c I went to order some PB2 off the net yesterday but it was on back order.  I’ve really been craving pb&j sandwiches and TJ’s has the second lowest PP peanut butter to buy instantly (instead of ordering off the net and waiting for it to ship and arrive). 

So I checked my email and read the few blogs that posted.  I also went to groupon’s site and noticed they had the same deal for a zipline tour that I really wanted to buy yesterday that was sold out.  However this deal was five dollars cheaper and had a lower limit on how many a person could buy.  I bought two, one for myself and one as a gift for Aaron.  However I f’d up somehow and they will probably both have Aaron’s name on them.  I tried to contact the company in hopes they would fix it for me.  I’d like to use it as an anniversary trip unless we could get a group together to go. 

We only had four kids today, four easy ones!  So the day was pretty smooth.  My little girl who still eats baby food tried a new one that mom brought in.  She liked it and actually had a preference to take a few bites over her meat that she’s used to!  This afternoon for snack we made ‘dirt pudding’.  The kids on today’s shift were a little weary about it.  The little girl I was just talking about ate four scoops of chocolate pudding.  I tried to get her to eat the cream out of the middle of the Oreo cookies, but she wasn’t excited about it at all. 

We got an email today from Otsana reminding us about turning in LP’s for next month, our summaries, and a LP for next week since some of us, our room included, forgot to turn one in.  That’s what happens when you’re used to a four week month and May was five weeks.  So during my small time btwn class and the next room and created a LP for next week.  I also went to the room and tried to reorganize our cabinet that’s got all of our paperwork info in it.  I need 9.5 hours training before the end of June and am scrambling to find something.  I’ve got a few journal articles to read and turn in and a couple of questions about our child specific trainings.  I’m hoping these last two bits will cover the remaining hours I need. 

I also called Grand Incentives today about our ‘free’ vacation for three days and two nights.  We tried to book last year but were rejected due to the dates we wanted.  The locations we picked last time weren’t available as well as our check in days weren’t offered.  This time when we applied we got rejected again due to check in dates.  I called the company today and found out that all locations except for places in Florida require a Sunday – Wednesday check in.  I managed to obtain an extension till December 31st.  I also found out that we can fill out a request six months in advance now instead of four.  This is going to be soooooo helpful!  So now I need to find all my notes on the locations and when it’s a good time to visit them. 

I almost had to stay and work a little late and get OT, but a parent picked their kid up at 4:58 so I got to leave at my scheduled time! 

Aaron went and applied for a few jobs today.  Keeping our fingers crossed that he gets one. 

We sat down and figured out how to make our fish tacos later this week.  I won’t have a chance to write about it b/c we plan to have it on WW.  I got the recipe from a Publix free catalogue/magazine and can’t wait! 

We also got planned and got out our dinner for tomorrow night.  It’s so nice to have a plan, especially when it’s an easy one! 

Tonight for dinner we fended for ourselves.  I had the last tidbit of venison Mexican, a slice of ham, a serving of veggies with chili pepper and soy sauce, and a slice of pineapple upside down cake.  It’s a good think I ate the cake today I don’t know how much longer it would last. 

Also I had an idea on a way to tweak the birthday cake rice crispy treat I got off the net: substitute butterscotch pudding for the cake batter powder!  I could also do this with the bark and chex mix recipes I’ve gotten the last couple of days.  YUMMY!!!

High today: having a plan.

Thanks for hanging in there…

1 comment:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed one of the applications pan out!

    ReplyDelete