Man what a day! If today had have been a Monday I would’ve insisted the world go back to bed and start over. I’m thankful that the awfulness happened at the end of the week especially since I had plans to have a wonderfully relaxing weekend on the lake with my DH and dad.
To start the crappy end of the week off I left my phone in the kitchen on our ‘bar’ fridge, the importance of this is b/c my phone is my wake-up-get-out-of-bed-right-now alarm. Do you know what that means? That means that this chick did not have an alarm to get up to! Of course I got up late, however managed to get to work on time. I showered like that little speedy mouse we grew up, Speedy Gonzalez (?). Afterwards I went to the kitchen to make and pack my lunch (another tasty wrap in my new wraps with sprouts minus the tomatoes (2PPS) and a bunch of fruits with a side of carrots (the end of the carrots I might add). Then I headed to the bathroom to brush teeth and then off to get dressed. Did you notice that I didn’t mention a breakfast or getting to read my book? Well that would be b/c I didn’t get to do either! I managed to head out of the house btwn 7:20 and 7:30.
I arrived to work with about eight minutes to spare. As I’m trying to check my email Otsana so kindly informs me that we had two teachers called out and that my CT and I would be in classrooms all day. Not a super huge deal, but I want to remember this when we get asked why we don’t have paperwork done – we did not have a chance to do it at all!
So I spent my whole day with the eldest children in the center. Of course there were ups and downs as always. The strangest moment was when one of the smartest, man this is hard to describe without naming names, busiest, intriguing children got upset after nap. He didn’t go to sleep until I got back from lunch and meeting (more on that too) which was around one. Well when it was time to wake up he did not want to get off his mat. I gave him around ten minutes to get up and put his sheets away but he didn’t do it, so I did it for him. Well he started crying b/c he didn’t want to get up and I ignored it b/c he knows that he has to get up. His classmates started making fun of him and he cried the entire snack time and part of circle time. When I tried to read the book I literally couldn’t talk over him so I had him come up front and tell me what was wrong. He was for really crying! He had real tears and wanted his mommy and wanted me to hold him! This is not normal at all. My first thought was that he was feeling bad, but he finally calmed down to tell me that he was upset b/c nobody liked him.
“Why would you think that?”
“B/c everyone was making fun of me and calling me names.”
So I talked to his classmates and everyone apologized as a group and we went about our day. I just thought it was a very interesting interaction. I hope I remember this moment.
Back to the ‘meeting’. Otsana informed my at some point early during the day that I would take my lunch at noon and then go straight into my retirement fund meeting and come back. She specifically stated the importance of everything being on time and there was no lee way for lateness. However at noon the person who was supposed to relieve me didn’t show up. She was two minutes late. I ‘lost’ those two minutes (not huge I know) of my lunch break and headed to my meeting. Well the person who was in her meeting went over, which of course put me behind. While I was in my meeting another teacher came in and that took a few minutes away from me. Of course I had lots of questions b/c I just don’t understand this kind of stuff and I definitely don’t want to sign papers and screw myself when I’m seventy. Well my meeting ending a couple of minutes till one and I thought I did really good getting my meeting in my allotted time. Not two minutes after I get back in the room Otsana comes to me with her northern attitude and wants to know what happened. I was so CONFUSED; I thought I did exactly what I was supposed to do. However I was only supposed to be in the meeting for fifteen minutes so the next person could have theirs. I honestly didn’t know that. I didn’t read the schedule to see who was next or what time they were supposed to go. I just knew that I had to be there AT 12:30 and not a minute later! Well I told her about the delay and interruption and then she got feisty about me and wanted to know why it took me thirty minutes to have my meeting. Boy she just didn’t understand the concept of outside factors contributing to the error of my ways. ERRR!!!
While the kids slept I posted a statement on FB about needing some help with LP’s. I realized yesterday that I should have been looking for our second theme ideas but it totally lapsed my mind. Anyways I posted and my old LT text me. We exchanged a few msgs and of course she brought up that it was strange that I was doing LP’s. I told her I got a promotion and now I get to participate in them. Then she texted me back something along the lines of ‘you could have always done it before but chose not too’. Of course I didn’t want to say what I was really thinking, I can’t actually remember what I said since I had to sensor myself, but I wanted to tell her ‘hell no I refused to do lesson plans b/c you got paid more than me and didn’t do half, no a third, or even better a fourth of what I did in the room, why on earth would I take on the mere fraction of work that you did too?’ but I didn’t I was polite. She was nice enough to offer assistance by sharing her books or ideas from her current school. We’ll see how that goes.
Back to the day… Since I get to leave early on Friday’s I got to hang out with the eldest kids till it was time to go. This means that I actually got to play outside! It’s such a nice change from hanging out in the cold room with the whiny crying pampered toddlers! I’m grateful. It was fun to hang out with the other three teachers for a change too.
When I got home I was super excited to see all the progress the DH did on the den. He managed to put in those monstrosities of drywall sheets by himself and now the den has walls all they way around (at least I think so, the third wall on the back of bathroom no 2 might not be done, but I’m not a 100%). Anyways we did our necessary tasks and headed here (to Paris ). I need to mention here that for dinner I had chocolate PB2 and banana sandwich (3PPS). It was okay. I’ve been waiting to try the chocolate version before ordering in case I wanted a combo pack, but I think I’m going to get the for pack of plain pb and just add some cocoa powder to it.
We stopped at Costco on the way out of Nashville and got dad his cheese and hotdogs as well as my vitamins. While we were there they had an awesome deal on patio furniture cushions. I found ones my mom would love but they were short a set. She needs a bench cushion and two chair ones. The only had one chair one. ERR!!! Maybe next time! At the check out line I realized that I forgot to pick up my LC cheese and carrots! Bummer, that means I still don’t get to have pimento and cheese this week, not to mention I’m not sure what I’m going to do about my daily veggie snack (eekk).
While driving we (DH and I) talked more about him applying for the train job and the possibility of creating a family. I’ve been unsupportive of the idea as mentioned in this post, but he made a nice argument and now I’m kind of unsure how I feel. I told him to go ahead and apply that we’d cross the bridge when necessary. I did however tell him that I sometimes wish I had a therapist to talk to and he wanted to know why. Of course my answer was that there are something I’m not comfortable telling him and then he wanted to know more. I told him some of my largest fears (if he gets this job and we have kids, especially young ones, I don’t know if I’d be happy all alone, coming from a divorced family and knowing my personality and all, I don’t know if I can do it on my own; etcetera etcetera). At this point he informs me that he knows that and understands and would be more than happy to take a job at Mickey D’s just to have a job and he could be at home with me to help with all the necessary things needed if that would make me happy. And of course now I feel like an ass! He’s being so considerate and I’m thinking about the half empty cup. He finally calmed me down when he said the main reason he wanted to apply for the job was b/c of the pay. It starts out double what I’m making right now! His thought is that if he works the crappy shifts now then if we do have children he’ll be able to be there with us at night. And even if it is he night shift it might be from nine p.m. to five a.m. and I wouldn’t necessarily need him there and we could still spend evenings together. Also if he did have that schedule and he was at home during the day and if we did have kids we wouldn’t have to pay for a full day’s worth of child’s care b/c he could take care of them till I got off. Then we proceeded to talk about beliefs and ideals, but I won’t get into that here, b/c I’m sure we’ll talk about it all over again and again.
We got here at a decent hour and dad was still up. Mike had just gone to bed so he got back up and greeted us. I gave dad all the goodies I brought him and he tried one my cookies and liked em’. He asked who made them!?! Can you believe that, of course I made them, not to mention that I told him earlier during the week that I made them!
Well that’s it really, other than I made a large dent in the second Sookie book while riding here!
High today: coming ‘home’ to dad’s
Thanks for hanging in there…
No comments:
Post a Comment