IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!!! I think that’s all I should type, but I’m sure in the days, weeks, months, years to come I’m going to wish I had more to say, b/c after all that’s what this blog is all about: me and how I live from day to day.
I knew we were going out to eat today so I was trying to keep the point consumtion down. For breakfast I had cottage cheese with a huge serving of cantaloupe! For lunch I packed my new favorite prepared tomato cucumber salad and a string cheese. I only cheated a tid bit: a cookie, five goldfish, and a mini piece of chocolate bar.
The day was a little wild. Six kids came today, one was absent and I’m not sure why. Julia worked with me till two. I wonder how she felt about the day and how it went? She didn’t really give any otward signs for me to read. Guess what? I was able to complete all six daily notes while Julia was on lunch! Isn’t that crazy?!?! I’m on my own and still did all the notes. I’d put money that my CT wouldn’t have been able to do that while I was out! I was also able to post it on the net in time as well as my contact logs and still had a few minutes spare before having to be in the next room!
While I was in the big kids class I told them it was my birthday and the little girl who has the same middle name as me didn’t believe me and called me a liar! I insisted she ask her teacher and after a little coercing she asked and found out I was telling the truth. I didn’t have much patience for the kids during circle time and breezed through it. We did do a game of hangmen and I chose clown fish as the word. My smart kid in the room was too precious. He tries to read words by sounding out the letters! He tried so hard to read it out, but the ‘w’ threw him off!
When I got home I made a super quick batch of cake batter rice crispy treats before heading off for my birthday dinner at Allium. I only made a half a batch, but more on that latter. For dinner I had the plum roasted duck breast with butternut squash risotto and asparagus (the dish is served with carrots, but that was too much orange for me). DH had the cocoa chili rubbed grouper with crawfish etoufee, pepper jack grits, and sautéed Swiss chard. I LOVED my duck! It was prepared perfectly; mouthwatering melting deliciousness. The risotto was kind of boring, but the asparagus was perfect too. It was al dente, which is my favorite way to eat veggies. DH’s dinner was ‘ehh’. The etoufee was dark, like brown mushroom gravy (instead of creamy reddish color like I’m used to). I’d forgotten that it was served with grits (which I extremely dislike) and took a bite. I thought it was mashed potatoes!
Afterwards we swung by his parent’s house and visited for a little while. They got me a card and gave me a check! That was a huge surprise.
Back at the house we started our new show! And enjoyed our rice crispy treats! They weren’t very ‘cake batter-y’, but they were very ‘toasted marshmallow-y’. I was in such a hurry that I think I had the heat too high and it caramelized the marshmallow. They were also way crisper, breaking, snapping like instead of chewy, gooey, sticky, and stringy like the ‘typical’ treat. I only ate a very small piece and had an apple to fulfill the hunger craving. I sliced the apple in the pan the treats were in and it made the apple taste like a candy/caramel coated apple! Which gave me a recipe idea.
Well the day is over, and I’ve got another year under my belt. Here’s to another memory filled happy one.
High today: dinner date with hubby.
Thanks for thinking about me on my special day…
No comments:
Post a Comment