Friday, May 13, 2011

TGIF

It’s Friday the 13th, EEKK, to watch Freddie or not?  JK

Well I should start off by mentioning that I talked to DH last night after I typed my entry and didn’t feel like getting back up to update so I’m doing it today.  He’s at my dads and they have the net, well DH decided to look for jobs, big surprise!  Literally, he hasn’t talked too much about it.  Well he found a job that he thought was interesting sounding.  Something to do with trains and counting cars and making sure they are correct.  My first thought and visual image is from the moving Unstoppable.  Right away I’m thinking “nope, don’t want you doing that”.  Then he continues and tells me that if he applies he has to go to Atlanta for a six week training course.  Not a huge deal, he’s been gone long periods of time before.  It’s just Atlanta; he can come home on weekends or through out the six weeks.  Then he tells me that he has to take 8 22 week on the job trainings and I’m still holding in until he gets finished.  As a newbie he’d have to work the late shift, weekends, and holidays, but could get out of it once he’s been there a while.  They have great benefits and an awesome starting salary.  Then I get to talk.  “Honey I don’t mind the 6 wk class, but 8 sessions of 22 wk trainings is a little much, not to mention if you’re serious about wanting to start a family I can NOT do that on my own”.  Then he says something about he should start early, like as in ASAP, and I reply “well I’d much rather you be home during the first years of childhood (if we start a family, still up in the air) to help out and be there and then try again when they are a bit older b/c kids are easier to handle once you get into a routine of things and they can behave better”.  Then he interrupts and tells me it’s not 8 22 wk trainings, it’s 8 to 22 wks training depending on how well ya do.  So I’m super uneasy with all kinds of emotions bubbling around and it’s close to midnight and I’m flipping and flopping.  What a way to end the night!

Well I woke up and was still tired, imagine that!  I started a new book/series while eating breakfast, the Sookie/True Blood ones!  I’m super excited.  I made coffee, extra strong, so that Ms. Audrey and I could have iced coffee today. 

After clocking in I started the day updating and turning in our necessary paperwork.  Before leaving work yesterday Otsana came and told me bout the ‘plan’ for my routines for the day.  I was supposed to get 2.25 hours worth of time, but the DR called me into the room 15 minutes early.  That means I only got 2 hours today.  Upon arriving in the room I find out that the AT, Audrey, called out and might not come in at all today, it’s up in the air.  Luckily for me there were only going to be seven kids and they were easy to handle/play with.  Little did I know that some of them do not obey the rules at all. 

The AT came in around 10:30 or so, two hours late and finished out the day essentially.  I took my lunch break, and then went to the baby room.  It was ok, nothing to write home about.  During my paperwork time I didn’t’ do any real paperwork pertaining to my case load.  I updated all our necessary paperwork for the two new kids we are getting in the next two weeks.  I could have asked my CT, but as mentioned b/4 she’s not the quickest about getting it done not to mention she almost always messes it up IMO (since I’m a wee bit anal). 

Then I went to toddlers till having to leave.  It was peaceful b/c our drama face was out! 

I talked to Aaron on the phone after work, as usual.  We were talking about him applying for jobs, for some strange reason and he said something that kinda made me twinge.  He said something along the lines of “out of all the jobs I looked at on the three sites that was the only one that was paying what I want”.  And I was thinking he’s being awfully picky and a low paying job is better than a no paying job right?  Well I said something about it and I’m sure it upset him even though he said it didn’t.  He said he was still going to look for something else. 

When I got home I discovered Izzie had a raw red spot on her hindquarters.  I called the vet trying to see if I could get in.  The person/no I called was the main office.  There’s only one place that gets the calls and they do all the scheduling.  The lady told me to go ahead and take her to the vet; that the location didn’t have any appts and I should be able to squeeze her in.  Well when I got there they could not get her in and I had to make an appt for in the morning, 9:20, the first available.  They told me if I clean and shave her that it would save me 15-20 bucks.  So I came home and did it.  Not as easy I thought it was! 

For dinner I had my left over Tilapia, mixed veggies, a slice of toast, and a glass of the rose dad bought me.  Man it was good!  I read more of my ‘new’ book and didn’t want to put it down.  I actually read half the book!  Afterwards I called Aaron.  Now I’m off to bed.

High today: amazing dinner, I really want to have fish more often!

Thanks for listening…

No comments:

Post a Comment