Sunday, May 29, 2011

last day of catching for a while :'(

Man what a great day I’ve had!  I got up before five am in order to beat the sun up on the lake.  We got close.  Before heading out I made another microwave biscuit and guestimate it at 7 PPS with a nice hot cup of coffee (I remembered to nuke it to make it hot and stay warm longer).  I also made a really really nice tortilla roll to have out on the boat: spinach & herb tortilla, honey roasted turkey breast (sliced), vine ripened tomatoes, & left over roasted bell peppers.  I also packed more carrots. 

I braved fishing with two poles today.  The second pole was a great big PITA!!!  It had a special tougher stronger line.  This is better to catch catfish, but it’s a heavier weighted line.  This means that the liver wasn’t heavy enough to get a good cast so I had to do this crazy pull the line out past my arms, swing the line, and release the pulled out as the bait flings forward.  I know reading this doesn’t make any sort of sense, but there’s really no way to better explaining.  If I knew how to work the darn video camera dad got us for Christmas last year I could post a video! 

Speaking of camera we saw a coon’ out on the 23rd and he LOVED the chocolate covered donuts Wal Mart!  Dad tossed him three and he was just too freakin’ cute! 

Back to the fishing….  I also learned (really relearned b/c I was taught last year) how to put a hook on the line.  I hope I remember next year.  It’s nice to know how to re-hook it myself so I don’t have to wait on the guys to be available.  We caught 16 today.  And I caught a large brim fish.  I was undecided as to whether I wanted to keep it or not but while Aaron was removing the hook he caused it to bleed out, which means it was technically dead, so we kept it.  I contributed more today, I caught four!  I didn’t catch the first, most, or biggest :’(.

Once we got back home dad looked over my retirement paperwork and helped me choose how to distribute my funds. 

On the way home Aaron and I fantasized about his restaurant plans.  He actually started to take notes!  I really wish we had more income or other ways to gain financial funds to do a start up.  It’s a GREAT idea. 

At home I found my b-day present from Ross: Bambi the new limited edition. 

I also tried the new shower today.  Aaron and I showered together, nothing kinky, just made more sense: we both needed to shower, it saves the water pressure to do it in one, and I didn’t want to wait on him to shower, nor did I want to wait on him on me.  The shower head was nicer than I thought it would be.  I’ll admit it was okay, but definitely strange since there isn’t a door.  It also wasn’t that great if you had to stand out of the water, towards the back, while your partner does their business in the water. 

For dinner I at a bowl of lettuce greens topped with carrots, bell peppers, sprouts, and our left over mango avocado pico with a lime dressing.  DH had a pizza.  Now we are watching our new show.  That’s it.

High today: catching more fish today than yesterday.

Thanks for listening again…

No comments:

Post a Comment