Monday, June 20, 2011

another kind of beginning

I’m not sure if I want to call today a good day, decent, or bad.  DH started his new job today and had to get up around 5:30 or so; he had to be at work at 6:00.  I stirred when his alarm went off and didn’t go back to full sleep mode. 

For bfast I had plain Greek yogurt.  This is the first time I’ve ever eaten it.  Its only 2PPS and the vanilla is 3PPS.  The plain one tasted a lot like sour cream but it was way thicker and a person gets to have way more for the same amount of points.  Sour cream is 2PPS for 2tbsp and the Greek yogurt is 2PPS for 6oz.  I cut up peaches to pair with the yogurt and it wasn’t sweet enough.  Then I stirred a splash of vanilla and it still wasn’t sweet enough.  I tried to eat a few bites with the extract, but it just wasn’t enjoyable.  I headed back to the kitchen and spooned a little bit of sugar free raspberry preserves.  The preserves made it tolerable.  I wouldn’t say it was fabulous, but I was able to eat it.  I have one more container of the plain and have a banana getting ripe.  I hope the banana makes the yogurt sweeter. 

For lunch I went ahead and packed a half a cup of dad’s super tasty fattening chicken and fruit salad.  I also had some veggies and three fruits (I didn’t eat one of them). 

I got to school a little early, checked my email, and called the insurance company.  The lady at the ins. Co. said I shouldn’t have to pay the first fee of 85.00 b/c it should be covered in my insurance, but the labs had my dote of birth wrong, however I have to pay the second bill b/c its considered more of a surgery than doctors meeting/appointment.  So I called the labs and the lady changed to the d.o.b.. 

After clocking in I was just so bleh that I couldn’t quite get into the swing of things.  I did make a new label for our new kid’s folder, but forgot to make a diaper label and remembered when mom sowed me his diapers (which were the wrong size, he wears a four and she brought in a three which he leaked out of after nap). 

The new kid had an expected kind of day.  The first hour was smooth.  When it was time to sit for circle time he wasn’t too fond of it (which we figured as much).  He actually got upset enough to lash out and bite my right forefinger knuckle and break the skin just a little.  He also got upset after circle for a little bit when he wanted to leave the room, but Maria and I wouldn’t let him.  Then he got upset at having to sit at the table for lunch (talked to mom at the end of the day and she said he eats in a high chair at home and if he ever has to sit at the table he doesn’t stay).  He also had a bit of trouble lying on his mat to take a nap (he sleeps in a crib at home and mom gives him a sippy cup to lay down with).  Overall he had a good day.  He’s never been in a socialization setting before.  He’s only been at home with mom for two years and has severe autism. 

Of course I was unable to do daily notes during nap time, but did get them done after two when all the kids were gone.  After getting my notes done I headed to the baby room.  It was probably the quickest hour and fifteen minutes in the last few months.  When a kid got picked up at 3:30, I was shocked at the time.  I thought the parent was there early. 

At four I headed to the toddlers, we had snack, and then took a walk.  When I got of at five Aaron didn’t answer his phone so I stayed at the school and read my newest few emails and sent one to Dawn o’ Connell, my TW director.  I had to ask about how to get back in to the business since I’ll be kicked out on Friday due to my lack of sales.  I also asked her about my friend’s warranty/replacement on her bottle. 

When I got home Izzie was super happy to see me and smelt so good.  Aaron gave her a bath after getting home from work.  Then I prepped my food for tomorrows: carrots, peppers, dip, cheese, leftover cherries, watermelon, and two apples.  I also cut up my veggies for my steak salad: red leaf lettuce, onion, bell peppers, steak, and the Italian parmesan dressing from Olive Garden.  The salad was GREAT, especially paired with my sparkling Shiraz.  For dessert I had chocolate WW ice cream.  I topped it with marshmallow crème and vanilla wafers.  The crème was yucky so I gave it to DH to eat.  I also had a couple of scoops of pb and then nuts way later.

DH had a good first day at work.  They headed to Pillsbury factory in M’boro.  Since he doesn’t have training for small fit places he worked on the outside.  He walked around the silo with a sledge hammer and banged it to knock loose the crusted sugar on the inside.  He and his team go t there on time, but the company (Pillsbury) wasn’t ready for them so he walked around for several hours before getting to work.  He had to wear a special outfit in order to keep the sugar from crusting on him (sugar crystals and sweat make icing). 

They didn’t finish the task and have to go back tomorrow to complete it.  He ate with his new coworkers at some place where he got a half cheese steak sub. 

That’s all for today;

High today:  my little guy had a decent first day.

Thanks for listening to my Monday again…

No comments:

Post a Comment