Sunday, June 26, 2011

a new veggie for me!!!

I had a much better nights rest.  DH was nice and wore a breath right sleep for me.  BTW I forgot to mention that he did an awesome job cleaning the house out of pure sweetness yesterday.  He also bathed, brushed, and treated the doggie!  He brushed her so much I though he had shaved her!

I woke up at a decent hour, logged onto the net and discovered a bunch of messages from the girls in GNO.  However I deleted them from my email box and tried to view them on the meetup website and couldn’t.  I’m supposed to rate the group and I’m not sure what to say.  I have to go back to at least one meeting to give it a chance.  I doubt Friday will be it due to the expense, but soon I hope.

Afterwards I called dad and chatted.  Not too much to talk about since I waas still laying in bed and wanted to be quiet. 

Then I headed to Kroger.  I bought a bit more than planned there too: white nectarines, salad, kiwi’s, and an ice cream for the hubby. 

Back at home I cut up fruits and veggies and made my lunch for tomorrow.  I also created a ‘cookie’ like recipe using the left over sweet potato cream cheese balls.  I mixed it with oatmeal, sugar, cinnamon almonds, craisins, and chocolate morsels.  They were really good fresh baked out of the oven.  They could use a little bit more sugar but I was trying to keep them healthy.  I also made sweet potato chocolate balls which weren’t a hit and I probably won’t do again. 

We watched Hitch, always a great movie, Drive Angry (a B-rate with Nick Cage that I had a free rental from the redbox), not good glad I didn’t have to pay for it, and then we watched more Battlestar.  For dinner we had ham, mashed potatoes, and the left over peas.  Man I really enjoy those now.  DH isn’t a huge fan and only had a smidge.  I also had some of the semi yummy wine tea I took to the gathering yesterday.  For dessert I had a WW chocolate brownie cup. 

High today: successful new ‘cookie’.

Thanks for ending your weekend with me…

No comments:

Post a Comment