Sunday, June 12, 2011

must do this again!!!

Today was GREAT!!!  I woke up early and started to head outside, but realized I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go and join the LBDC or not.  Instead I showered and shaved and called my dad.  We chatted for a bit.

Afterwards I got up and headed to the store to start my day.  I got there fifteen minutes or so before they opened so I called my mom.  She got the mommy cat fixed and all the kittens have been given away. 

As I was waiting for the grocery store to open I got a text from Ashley M. and she volunteered to go with me to Arrington.  I called the hostess and she said it was okay for Ashley to come.  I bought supplies to have two apps: two different kinds of crackers (off brand wheat thins – which are just as yummy as the real stuff and some garlic and chive pita crackers), two blocks of cheese, pepperoni, and stuff to make the spinach and herb dip from Tastefully Simple. 

Ashley and I got out there and were the second guests.  We went straight in and bought a bottle of Rose’.  Then we ate, chatted, and socialized.  After finishing our first bottle we got to go in and sample their wines.  They only allow a person to sample four different wines.  And it’s not a count enough to make even one glass!  It was literally like three sips.  It was neat b/c their pour spouts had a ball in them and cut the pour off so it was the same amount of pour for each wine.  Ashley joined the program, it was free, and all she has to do is buy two bottles within a quarter.  I headed back out and she bought the Reisling.  Then we drank the second bottle too.  We took lots of pictures and probably have plans to attend the wine sample at Amerigo’s on Wednesday. 

When we got back to my house she stayed and watched Salt with Angelina Jolie while I took a nap.  Then we had grilled burgers and watched The Rite with Anthony Hopkins.  She left before the second movie was over and left just in time before all the creepy stuff happened. 

I had lots of fun and really enjoyed myself at the vineyards.  I was a bit shocked that it was extremely geared towards groups picnicking. 

High today: my visit to the vineyard.

Thanks for checking in on my life…

No comments:

Post a Comment