I had some crazy dreams last night! I can’t remember any details exactly, but I do know that it had something to do with being at a live production/play and it was a mix of Wicked and some sort of vampire drama with a flying car! The actors performed in the aisles and seats and all kinds of bells and whistles. I was asleep so deep that when the alarm went off my body was stiff and ache-y when I had to get up!
For bfast I had some lowfat cottage cheese with cantaloupe. The cottage cheese was an off brand from Aldi’s and it was super yummy! It was kind of on the sweet side and I actually liked it on its own! I read a chapter in the Sookie series and got ready for work a ten minutes early. Lunch of course was easy since I prepped it last night.
Since I got ready early I got to work an hour early. I know that sounds kind of crazy but there were things I needed to do on the net that I’ve not been able to here at the house. I’m still not caught up on all my back logged blogs. I hid in the closet again today and was found :’( Mrs. Amy found me first and chatted with me for several minutes. And while she was talking to me m CT came in. Then my CT came in two more times before we had to go to class. Once she came in while I was ‘on my time’ and another while I was trying to work. The time she came in while I was working could actually be considered two times b/c she left for a minute and remembered that she needed to tell me something else and came back in.
I was able to catch up on my notes from yesterday just barely. I was printing and closing it out at two minutes till.
Our twins parents may have finally got the point that the kids are okay with us and they adjust much better the quicker the parents leave. They came in and the boys started wailing. Mom said she knew they were okay but it breaks her heart to hear them like that. Then she asked how they did afterwards. I let her know that it varies, however the last day that they were there and they came in twenty minute early and then hung out twenty minutes after drop off time made it harder for the boys. So she asked if they do better when parents leave earlier. *Here was my aaaahhhhh (read that with the halo light bulb sound) moment* I told her that children in general do much better getting calm when they don’t have as much time to be upset; SOOO they both left! It was probably the quickest they’ve been in and out since they’ve started in the beginning of June! I hope that it goes this way FOREVER!
The day itself was pretty smooth. I had my annual review at ten thirty-ish. Lots was said, but basically I have four goals: keep our space tidier, get paperwork done on time, seek more training (especially in the area of eating), and learn to use and implement our new talking device – an i-pod!
I was a little bit irked about the first goal b/c I TRY, every day I try. My CT just doesn’t understand to put her stuff away when she gets into the room she always lays it on the counter and just leaves her messes out (like her paint, q-tips, and rice from last week that I finally put away this week!) and all her personal papers. The DR said she would mention it to her in her review later this week. When I said something to my CT she said she knew, but they could just write her up b/c she isn’t good at it. In my head I was thinking – no it’s not okay if they write you up b/c then I’ll get written up too and I’m so not okay with that! For heaven’s sake she’s a grown woman, why on earth am I cleaning up after her? She’s not my kid! She said she prefers it to be clean and tidy, but she’s not been good at it. So the Dr said that I should talk with her about pulling her weight, but how do you tell someone who knows they should clean up and still doesn’t? I’ve hinted at her a gazillion times and she still doesn’t do it. I’m worried that it’s going to get on her nerves me cleaning up behind her all the time, but than again maybe that’ll push her to clean it herself.
I know my paperwork hasn’t been done on time, but we’ve got a but load to do and I’ve already logged my feelings on that so I don’t need go into. However I didn’t tell her all of that. I told her that yes I know our LP’s haven’t been done on time and that’s my learning curve right now.
In relation to the third goal I told her that I’ve always wanted to go to outside trainings but they all occur during the week while I have to be at work. And me being the way that I am don’t think it’s appropriate to ask off b/c I know how much of a challenge it is for the rest of the staff. Then she mentioned that she wants me to go to these kind of things, especially since I’m now a lead teacher. Then she told me about two other girls going to trainings (which I found out one is a three day trip and the other (I knew) was a two day trip). So now that I know this little tid bit of info I’m going to jump on these awesomely interesting sounding trainings! The fourth is a brand new one since we haven’t gotten the i-pods yet.
Also I should mention that I did not, I repeat: I did not get a pay raise. I was a bit shocked. The numbers on my report were good. I had two ones, maybe that’s why I didn’t get one now that I think about it; and a lot of threes and some twos and one four! I knew that the raises were miniscule since the AT in the toddler room told me. However she told me it was so small it was almost like it was not one at all. Well at least she got a teeny one. I’m trying to tell myself that the reason I didn’t get one was b/c I got a raise in January when I started my new role. I told my CT and expressed that I hoped she be open with me and let me know if she got one or not. I don’t want to know how much she gets paid or how much she gets if she gets one, just whether or not she gets one. I’m hoping, and I’m stressing this (words just don’t express the way I feel about it) that she will be truthful with me. I kind of think she’ll tell me she didn’t just to make life peaceful.
When I got back from lunch my CT headed out for her planned six month review for one of the twins. The review was scheduled from one to two forty five. I asked the DR about who was going to take care of the boys while the parents were still in the meeting after two. She basically told me that I shouldn’t be responsible and she would take care of it. Now guess what, guess who took care of the boys at two? If you said the DR, you’d be wrong. Guess again? Did you guess me? YEP, that’s who was with the boys for another forty minutes! The AD came in and said something about it and I told her that I’d need to make up my lost time when I could.
I would however like to mention how awesome they did all day today. There weren’t any tears during transition or circle time. I wasn’t in there for lunch so I don’t know how they did. I do know however that they both went straight down on their mats and passed out. The youngest woke up crying and didn’t really stop the whole time. The kid on my case ate his whole Trix yogurt cup and five goldfish crackers during snack. While it was just the three of us from two to two forty five they did amazing. They worked on taking turns, clapping for one another, saying my turn, recognizing colors, dancing and singing, and labeling objects and pictures in a book.
Back to the day: after the boys left I headed to the baby room. They were low and it was kind of simple. There were a couple of times I felt a little bit of tension but it wasn’t between them, it was more between them and/towards me. I’m not sure why, they didn’t fell that way yesterday. Since they were so low here wasn’t much that I noticed or though needed to be done with the kids other than play.
I got amazingly lucky; at three fifteen the AD sent in our full time floater to relieve me and I was able to get out and get caught up on my notes and started my monthly summaries by entering the data (which sometime seems to take longer than the typing of the summaries themselves).
At four I headed to the toddlers and nothing much happened. I left the room on time at five. Once again the AD sent in the full time floater to relieve me. When she did I went to our room and started working on my first goal. I cleaned the smaller side counter and started putting toys away off the large shelf. I’ve also asked the AD if she could let me know when she has days she’s going to come in early or stay late so maybe I can take advantage of it and work on meeting this goal. There’s so much to clean and organize. I’ve told myself a hundred plus times that I was going to do it as soon as one job or another got completed. However once that job got done a new one popped up. For instance we’ve had tons of new kid start. And then some of the kids have reviews do which needs paperwork completed. Or they are going to Metro programs and they need paperwork done too. Or I’m done with my work so I need to go relieve another teacher for them to get caught up. (I told myself that since the DH had to work this weekend that I’d bring my stuff home so I could do it then.)
We had a mandatory meeting for an hour. Not much new. We talked about our checklists to meet 3 star rating, graduation ceremony around the corner (the theme being When I Grow Up), and our new i-pods.
It was close to dinner time when we were done so I ate my planned dinner: a pb and jelly sandwich (5PPs). I think I did really great concerning my food intake today. I had the cc with cantaloupe (2PPs) for breakfast, carrots, chicken salad (guesstimating at 8PPs) with half an apple, a white nectarine, and watermelon. The only cheating I ate today was about five goldfish and five animal crackers. I was still a wee bit hungry when I got home. I ate two bites of DH dinner, stuffed crust pizza, a banana, and made an adult coffee toffee blended drink (8PPs) for a total of 23 PPs in estimation.
I also packed my lunch for tomorrow: carrots, a seven layer salad with light mayo (4PPs – due to mayo and ham), cantaloupe, a peach and an apple. For bfast I plan on having a banana with carbmaster. While packing my lunch DH slipped in the conversation that he would more than likely have to work on Monday the 4th. He said he talked to his boss and was told that it was a case based on seniority. She didn’t necessarily tell him that he would be working, but there are only two other employees that were hired after him. Then he started to say something about there weren’t too many people who worked there that were married and I told him it didn’t matter about marriage b/c single people or dating people still like to celebrate the day, take a day off, and party the day before since the holiday falls on a Monday. He’s way more optimistic about it, me on the other hand since I’m more of a half empty cup kind of person expect him to work. So now I’m undecided about whether or not I want to go to home to Paris to visit my mom. I though about going and then coming back Sunday night or early Monday morning to spend the day with his family at his Aunt and Uncles in the pool, but if he’s not going to be there I’m not going to be there either (especially since I haven’t seen or spoken to his aunt since she so rudely side swept my TW business under her carpet). So now I can either go and feel guilty about coming home mid-day just b/c I don’t want to drive at night or not go at all. I feel like if I go my mom’s going to want me to stay to watch fireworks or celebrate the actual night of the fourth. Decisions, decisions, decisions! I will like to admit it’s going to be kind of nice that we aren’t going down town and having to fight the monstrous crowd when the show is over though.
While we were relaxing and watching ‘TV’ DH got a call and was told to ‘expect a long day’ and to go ahead and fill out his paperwork before leaving in the morning. We were going to have the new turkey medallions I got at Aldi’s for dinner with roasted/baked potatoes and broccoli, but now we are going to fend for ourselves.
That was a lot of rambling huh. Well that’s all I’d like to remember. Now I’m off to either watch more Battlestar or relax in bed while falling asleep to House.
High today: the boys having such a great day.
Thanks for viewing all this info…
No comments:
Post a Comment