Well today was a questionable kind of day. I had a rough nights sleep b/c my wonderful hubby snored something awful! I woke up around four or so and couldn’t go back to sleep. Since I was wide awake I tried to connect to the net and was successful! Once logged on I RSVP’d to the pool party I mentioned last night: I’m now going to try to meet and make more/new friends! I played for a little over an hour and tried to go back to sleep. I dozed, but didn’t sleep. Finally I got up around eight and started my day.
I headed to the wine store and got there right after nine. BTW they open at 8 a.m., isn’t that wild?!? The man said they get people in there who are just getting off their shift so it’s kind of like their happy hour. And there are other people who come in and cash their checks. While I was shopping I overheard a few. I felt kind of awkward going in that early, but at least I wasn’t the only one. I was only going to buy two wines; one red and one white for the gathering and then one that struck my fancy. However there was a lack Muscat and a white counterpart to the red I bought last time I was there. That makes four and they have a deal – three for fifteen; so I ended up getting six bottles – two for the party and four for me (which ended up being five and a half for me b/c one bottle didn’t even get opened and the other only half was drunk). Needless to say I’m pretty well stocked up on wine for a while!
Then I headed to Aldi’s to shop for my fruits and items to make a seven layer salad. I was fortunate enough to get everything I needed for it and a few other things I didn’t. I spent forty dollars and only meant to spend less than twenty. Oh well I’m sure it would have been more expensive at Kroger which is the other place I needed to go for my fav. yogurt and bananas (which I didn’t have time btw and have to do it tomorrow).
Once I got back at home I made the salad and discovered that I really really liked the small sweet peas on their own! I rushed to make the salad, showered, shaved, and got ready.
I made it to the gathering thirty minutes late and chatted with the ladies. Only one other person ate my salad and she loved it. She doesn’t like dressing and was shocked that it was just mayo that was on top. The hostess actually made her BBQ from scratch! It was really tasty. I made a huge pig of myself eating chips and BBQ with a little bit of fruit and salad on the side. The organizer of the group made some awesomely fattening pina coladas. Her secret was sweetened condensed milk. I know I should say this ‘publicly’ but I want to remember for the next time I want them.
There were two other new girls there. I’m undecided about how I feel about the group. I didn’t have too much in common with any of the chicks. And the hostess called me Lauren. The up side is the girl whose picture I love on the site was super friendly and asked if I was going to the melting pot dinner on Friday. I’m a tad bit green with envy b/c one of the two new girls traded numbers with a couple of the members. I understood why she did with the ‘pretty’ girl b/c the new girl said she wasn’t going to go to Melting Pot but would like to meet up for drinks afterwards. I don’t know about the other chick she traded numbers with.
Also the group of girls that left before me had a better friendlier send off than I did. I guess that’s partly my fault though b/c they left in a group and I didn’t have all my shit together so I ended up leaving on my own and I guess all the pleasantries were done.
When I got home I was stuffed so I didn’t eat a dinner (besides it was after six thirty) so I didn’t really need another dinner since I had eaten before I left!
Now we are watching Numb3rs and relaxing.
High today: my tasty seven layer salad and I was brave enough to go out on my own.
Thanks for taking a moment on your weekend…
No comments:
Post a Comment