Friday, June 3, 2011

TGIF

So it’s another Friday, and it was a productive one don’t ya know!  I woke up with my new Friday alarm time, just 15 minutes early and barely slid out the door on time.

Before I go any farther I have to take note of an awful fear I had this morning.  So I woke up and Izzie wasn’t at the end of the bed like she usually is and my first thought is negative;; I’m thinking she’s gone off to meet her maker (since that’s what dogs supposedly do, they go and hide to pass).  I’m bleary-eyed and look around the corner to find her on her couch in the dining room (we don’t have a table in there yet).  At this point I’m a smidge relieved b/c she’s there, but at the same time she doesn’t show the tiniest bit of acknowledgement that I’m there, which is a bit unusual.  I don’t go through the living room b/c I’m no where decent enough to walk by windows and head for the shower instead.  While I’m in there I’m listening ever so carefully to see if I can hear her.  AS soon as I get out I peek around the corner, she’s gone, LUCKILY she’s in bed with daddy.  WHEW is all I can say, I really don’t think I could have handled that today. 

Now back on to my mundane life.  I had a yogurt parfait with vanilla carbmaster, strawberries, and blueberries today.  WILD huh, throwing those extra plump spheres in! 

I didn’t take my time reading and lounging b/c I did not make lunch last night nor did I make my dinner (I wasn’t going home so I had to make double the plan).  After prepping the self I head into the kitchen.  For lunch I packed one of my new favorites: a tortilla sandwich (wheat tortilla, mustard, bologna, sprouts, tomatoes, and bell peppers) as well as some carrots, cucumber slices, a mango, an orange, and an apple.  I also made a new twisted version of chicken salad (Mrs. Dash sprinkled perfectly cooked chicken breast with sun dried tomatoes, celery, and FF ranch as well as a sprinkle of a different Mrs. Dash).  Skipping ahead to dinner here – it was really good!  I liked the spice and flavor combo.  I’d planned on eating with some Mrs. Suzies, but opted out.  I like it and will make it again!

I made it to work only a couple of minutes and checked the most important emails (all the deals) and started the day.  I actually got to do all paperwork today (at least all the scheduled time anyways).  Otsana was out, she’s moving and will be till next Wednesday, oh I totally forgot to mention yesterday how she came in and figuratively slapped our hands for not having our LP’s ready for her, guess she should read all my Friday posts to see how much time we haven’t had huh?  Anyways we completed our LP’s for Circus week and are still going to work on Dino’s.  I also managed to finish contact logs, made some folders for DR, and updated all the necessary daily paperwork for our binder (minus the med info).  I’d say that’s pretty dern good! 

I gave the infant teachers their note break and played with the youngest.  The AT son spat up on my leg and it was sorta kinda really gross.  I was sitting in side sit and it went on my outer thigh in two spots as well as my outer calf.  The calf part didn’t bother me too much, but the wetness on my thigh was super strange.  The AT is so funny about bodily fluids.  There’s no way to really describe her actions, mannerisms, and comments.  I really wish I could video them and insert for memory sake, but hope my own will do for me later on in life! 

I also played in toddlers for about an hour.  Enough time to take down old art, file it, and do a free art of hand stamping.  I had wanted to do finger stamping, but toddlers don’t quite get the wait and follow rules concept yet.  The funniest part about was our little Indian (as in from India, not native American) kid smeared the mix of red and blue ink all down his face!  By the time the AT got it washed off he almost looked like he had been trick-or-treating and had face paint residue!  Would love to know what the mom thought about that, but I wasn’t there when she picked up. 

After work I headed over to the Ilgans to play with their girls.  It’s the mom bday and dad was taking her out to enjoy herself.  I got there in time for dinner this time and sat with them as well as the dad.  They had my favorite pasta sauce: pesto over tortellini’s with sliced turkey lunch meat, and mandarin oranges.  Their parenting style kind of cracks me up.  The eldest kid doesn’t seem to like the pesto dish, but this is the second time he’s served it to her and we had to ‘bribe’ her to eat it.  He gave her gummy bunnies in order to eat.  At first he just lay it near her plate and told her she had to eat so much.  Well after a few bites more he was nice and opened it for her, even though she didn’t eat anywhere near the amount he said she needed too.  I, of course being the way I am, asked if I could do a different way and he permitted (even though I think he might have been a bit weary about it).  I sat out one bunny at a time and she had to take a bite off her plate while the bunny watched and then she could eat the bunny.  She ate all the required amount minus one bite this way! 
)
When they left both girls did really well with the transition, thank goodness for the distraction of the bube tube!  They both went down fairly easy.  I carried the youngest around the house and kind of bounced her a little (b/c last time I took her upstairs to change her diaper she lost it) in hopes this would make her comfy in my arms.  But a-las it did not work, as soon as my right foot hit that step she started to wail.  She wailed through the gathering of clothes, blankets, paci, and whale as well as changing.  However as soon as I got her in the relaxed supine (I think) position and started rocking and ‘heart patting’ she was over and done for.  Dad had mentioned during dinner that it was a smooth transition now: rock, sing a couple of songs, lay in the crib, and walk away.  It worked!  I’m going to have to mention to her teachers and see how it goes, but of course I doubt it will work b/c it’s a different environment with different routines and sounds. 

I went back downstairs and cut up the mango and continued to read my book while the eldest watched TV and relaxed with me, literally, she leaned on me and used me and was super cute, I know this is the reason DH wants kids!  She also sampled my mango.  I asked her if she wanted a bite and she said no, but then said yes.  She took a teeny scrape of a bite.  I asked again and she took a wee bit bigger bite.  The next time I looked over at her she had he mouth open wide like a bird!  She ended up taking the whole chunk.  I tried to let her nibble it again but she used her little hand to push my hand to push the bite all the way in!  I guess she likes mango’s and I need to tell parents!  OH speaking of new things the youngest, just around a year, ate three bites of celery.  I doubt she would actually eat anymore for them, it was probably a fluke b/c that’s what I had and she wanted it, but I’m still going to tell them.  *is it okay to give to new foods to kids without the parents permission as long as it’s not a ‘dangerous’ food?*  I’m going to FB it and take a poll.  --- hold please--- All right I’ve posted and now I can’t wait for the responses!

When it was time for the eldest to go to bed she started to fuss.  Now I KNOW it was time for bed (she’s been on vacation all week with grandparents at the lake).  She wanted to read a book, even though she knew it was time to get ready after the show ended AND as I grabbed her cup (that she hadn’t touched in 30 minutes) she starts to fuss she wants to drink some.  Her choice was to put it in the sink or I would.  She fussed and I did it for her.  Then we went up stairs, and I talked sense into her – gotta be quiet so we don’t wake up sister, you wouldn’t want her to wake you would you – and she was done instantly.  She did he routines and we headed to the room.  I tried to convince her to sleep in the big bed (I think mom wants her there) but she insisted the crib, not my fight so I let her. 

Since then I’ve been down stairs playing on the net and listening to music.  I finished viewing all my blogs and food sites as well as checked my meetup groups and LBDC account.  Speaking of meetup, one of my groups posted a gathering at the Ethiopian restaurant I’ve been longing to try for 5 years!  What a shame that I haven’t been able to find someone in that amount of time to try it with me!  I’m a bit nervous b/c it will be the first time I’ve done anything with that group, the first at that restaurant, and I have to ‘melting pot’ share the food with a bunch of strangers.  I HOPE I DO NOT CHICKEN OUT!!!  Also I’m really wanting to partake in the deal Amerigo’s got going right now and I’m tempted to post on a meetup group, but not sure if that’s allowed. 

I still haven’t found a lawyer for the WC case nor have I called the insurance/TN woman’s care about the bill I’ve received.  I hope I have time first thing next week.  I have to do this!!!

It’s 11, and I’m still at the Ilagans.  I don’t know whether I should play on the net a little bit longer or go read a book?  Guess I should at least attempt to post this online. 

High today: completing 90% of tasks at work.         

Thanks for making it all the way down…

No comments:

Post a Comment