What a lovely day I had! I slept in by about an hour. As soon as I woke I changed into a swimsuit and headed for the back yard. I laid out for a couple of hours while engrossing in some Sookie story. I really enjoyed getting out early b/c it was much easier to bear the heat. When DH finally woke up and came out he said ‘ugh how can you stand it out here, it’s too hot, I’m going in’ and that’s when I realized how my tolerance was building up. I hope I get up early enough tomorrow to do it too. I know it’s not good for the skin to get sun, especially too much, but while I was driving to work the other day I was really admiring my skin. I honestly think my appearance is much nicer with color than being pasty. However this doesn’t mean I’ll start visiting a fake-n-bake like a religion.
We came back in and finished our discs of Numb3rs and then continued to watch some of our new sci fi show. I didn’t have too much lunch b/c of the wedding today and I assumed we would go out to eat afterwards (I didn’t think the reception would have to filling of foods).
As I was getting ready for the wedding I put the dress on that I wore to last year’s June wedding and it hung on me! I really didn’t think I’d lost enough weight for it to do that. I know last year I’d lost a little in order to actually fit in that dress and thought I was the same this year, but I’m not. Instead I braved it and tried on a dress that my Executive Director at the preschool had given me that was way too tight (my boobs wouldn’t allow for the dress to zip) and it fit! It’s a J. Crew dress size 6! I can’t remember ever wearing a size 6. I’m sure at some point b/4 high school, BC pills, and Tom’s I did, but that was long ago. I wasn’t too confident in the dress b/c it’s just a solid kahki but DH said he really liked it.
We got to the wedding too late. I’ve misplaced the invitation and thought that FB said it was at 6 so we planned on getting there with plenty of time. Nope we got there as they were saying their vows. So I sat outside the door on the floor and watched through the window in the door. Then we headed the reception hall. It was really nice. I’m tickled at how it turned out b/c Ashley put off all the planning till about two months out. She had chicken tenders, ham on Hawaiian bread, chips, crackers, cheese, little smokies, and veggies. Aaron and I were the only non family members there other than the photographer and his wife. They sat with us at the table and we had lots to talk about. The wife is in childcare, that’s how she met Ashley and the husband works for TDOT and does photography on the side. They both like to read and have almost the same interest as me! The husband is a dew drinker. Ashley and Jacob came and sat with us for a little while and we chatted. Their HM plans changed again (it started out being a beach vacation and changed to Gatlinburg, and changed back to a different beach vacation); they are now going to Panama City beach! I’m so excited and happy for them. It was really lovely and I truly wish that I could have been more of a part of it. She had fresh flowers for her bouquet and as we were leaving the photographer took shots of their bands in the bouquet on a gorgeous distressed picnic table. Man I can’t wait to see the pictures. The bouquet had dyed blue carnations with white roses. There are just so many more things I could talk positively about, but it’s all so scattered brain. I really wish that we could have been in the pews and heard and seen everything. I’m super glad she had a photographer b/c I didn’t think she was going to.
Afterwards we went to the Wal-Mart over there and did some shopping. Nothing too exciting. That store carries our cat food so I bought two large bags. I also bought some fresh fruit and veggies, a couple of frozen pizzas, and yogurt. The peaches were on sale for .98 a lb and there were fresh apricots too. Of course I got some peaches and on apricot. I’ve never had a fresh one, only the dried kinds and love them. Oh and I finally broke down and bought fresh cherries, they are down a dollar a pound and I thought I was getting a good deal but it was two pounds and I paid six dollars! I kinda hate paying by the pound on some things, cherries are one, they have pits and stems! I’ve gotta pay for compost that I can’t even use.
Back at the house we watched some sci fi again.
High today: the wedding and a fresh apricot.
Thanks for hanging with me…
No comments:
Post a Comment