Over all today was a weird but good Monday. I slept really well and woke up easily. For bfast I had the yummy apple pie a’la mode WW yogurt with berries on the side the yogurt was extremely nice, it had a heavy vanilla flavor with a hint of apples and cinnamon. YUMMY!!!
For lunch I just packed my left over dinner from Friday: celery, pb mix, and a couple of fruits. Made packing easy!
On the way to school I heard something on the radio about Wicked, which is really strange b/c the LT in the infant room and I were talking about it last week. She said it was going to be back next summer. I said something about tickets on Groupon and she said she doubted it would be here b/c it was a popular show and sold out the day the tickets went on sale. Bummer, IDK if I want to pay the price, but IDK if I want to miss it again either.
I arrived to school early and got an email from Scott Gardner. Throughout the day I got a couple and we were able to talk and he helped me be at peace a little bit more.
The day with the kids was weird. The LT in the Giraffes was out on vacation and three people called out! This basically means that I spent my day in the Giraffes room and my CT got lucky and only had four friends so she could be on her own. I also got lucky and was able to finish my DAS at 4:30.
The day itself was kind of hectic. It made me wonder if anything really gets accomplished in the room I was subbing in. The teacher, AT told me a few tings to do, but she did something totally different. And I’m guessing what she did was what the LT does on a regular basis and I KNOW the AT doesn’t do that much (at least I’ve heard she doesn’t anyways) which essentially means the kids get no kind of specialized instruction other than the half hour or so they spend in their circle times.
I also talked to the lawyer who is handling my worker’s compensation case on behalf of the company. I’ve decided to take the first offer that has medical visits included with a smaller sum pay.
On the way home DH was at his parents house and we had an impromptu dinner and a movie night. I stopped at the store and bought tri-colored bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, and pork chops. I bought a meal for four that was only 25.00 and would have been at least 80.00 at a restaurant. And we grilled it all, except the salad of course. His parents, especially, his mom really liked our movie: The Incredibles, it was the first time they’ve seen it!
That’s it for today, I’m pooped.
High today: having an impromptu family night.
Thanks for checking in on me...
No comments:
Post a Comment