Let’s see…, I’d love to start my entries with something other than what I ate for breakfast, but that literally starts my day! I wonder if people who take the time to view this just skip the whole blog b/c the first line is boring? I know I would and sort of do. When ever I read blogs I (which are mainly all bout food except for my friends) I usually just skip down to the recipe or pictures, which ever comes first. However I AM viewing their blog to see the recipe and they almost always have some witty intro story about why they are posting the recipe, they hardly ever just say ‘here’s the recipe, if ya want a story scroll down’. I wonder if I’d scroll if I did ever come across a blog like that?
Anyways now that I’ve rambled a bit let me tell you how I started my day: with breakfast (after showering of course). I had cantaloupe with FF cottage cheese (2PPS). I started reading the fifth book in the Sookie series. This time and the last I read the thank you portion of the book and wonder if maybe I should skip it. The last one the author thanked a person for giving information about witches, which in turn lead me to believe the story would be about witches. This time the thank you said something about pirates and something else that I can’t remember, but I do remember I thought it was a strange combo and wondered how she was going to connect the stories. Since I’ve been reading them I’ve stated that I think Stephanie Meyer may have ripped this author off b/c her series is extremely similar to this one; however the fourth book is where the similarities end (at least for the most part, it may pick back up towards the end since I haven’t gotten there yet). I think SM’s got popular either b/c she had ‘cooler’ covers or it got made into a movie instead of a TV show. I’ll admit the covers of Sookie’s are kind of comical, not really that dramatic.
N-E ways after eating and reading I got ready and packed my prepared lunch (which I didn’t do tonight, which means in the morning I’m going to have to rush and fix something that’s undecided).
I got to work early again and viewed my emails and a few blog posts, not all the foodgawkers though. There weren’t any purchase-worthy deals, but that’s a good thing b/c it means I didn’t spend any money!
After clocking in I chatted with the DR for a few moments and sent an email. The room that I typically go into on Thursday’s teacher was out, which means I didn’t have to go in there to relieve her. So I thought maybe, just maybe, the AD (Otsana) would be a little nice to me, especially if she saw that I sent the email to the DR too, but nope it was a no go. I asked if I could use the time I was supposed to relieve the other teacher for myself since I’ve had an unexpected Developmental Assessment and goal sheet setup pop up on top of having to do LP’s and have a meeting with my CT. I got a reply back at nap time saying that I had to go to the baby room so they could get notes done and a ‘milk break’ (for the new mom) and the AD would relieve me at four to go to my training. Fast-forward to four o’clock --- guess what? the AD did NOT come in at four. She came in a few minutes earlier and asked how many kids were in there. I thought this kind of funny b/c all of the kids were there! She seemed kind of shocked and had to go replan her schedule. When she came back at four o’ clock exactly, which is when I was supposed to be in my training btw, she said the floater was going to come in and she was going to the toddlers (which is where I usually go). At this point I was a bit confused b/c I could have sworn my CT said they asked her to stay late and cover my schedule. So now I’m wondering where on earth is my CT? Did she go home at her regularly scheduled time? Did she go to a different room? I hope I remember to inquire tomorrow.
Well now let’s get back to the beginning of my day. I went to the room ten minutes early just b/c my brain is literally shot from all the chaos of this week. I thought maybe I’d have time to settle in and get prepped for the kids. NOPE, one of the kids, actually the parent since the kid didn’t have any control really, showed up before I could even open the cabinet to put my stuff away. It was one of the new ones, not the twins but the one that started a couple of days before. Did I mention on Tuesday the kids had five sippy cups in his cooler? HOLY COW!!!! I know that adults drink lots of water but its b/c we are trying to get our eight eight ounce glasses a day and most of us won’t do it at home b/c we’ll choose a tastier beverage, especially since we will probably only drink one glass of something, two if we are needy. Why on earth would a kid need to drink five eight ounce drinks in five hours? That’s one sippy cup an hour! Oh wait a minute we take naps what’s going to happen in that hour? JEEZ man spread out the fluids! I understand there are vitamin supplements you want your kid to take but does it all really have to be consumed before two o’clock? If a kid is awake ten hours can’t ya do one every two hours? I wonder how many more they try to get him to drink? I guess I should ask next week. Alright, now that I’ve ranted the dad asked me about it. He said something along the lines of ‘yeah I noticed he didn’t drink that much’ and I responded ‘yeah, I know, he had five sippy cups. We offered it to him a minimum of three times and left it out for him to take when he wanted (btw mom already knows this b/c we’ve already had the exact same discussion). Then dad mentioned that they typically give him salty foods in order to make him thirsty to drink the fluids. Have they ever thought of putting the medicine into a smaller amount of liquid? Does it have to be in that large sippy cup? Can’t they put less water in one cup or double/mix up the medicine? I can’t remember how many dad packed today, I think it was four, and the little guy made it through one and almost a half.
The new twins had a much better day. The ‘oldest’ (by like a couple of minutes) only had one melt down at lunch time. He really didn’t want to sit at the table. Today he started our in the box chair, no normal chair sitting for him! After realizing that I just couldn’t keep seated we put him in our new high chair like chair and strapped him in. He calmed down almost immediately! After getting calm he ate three bites of his chicken and apples baby food and then two bites of prune baby food (in future known as bbf (maybe)). Then he started to tantrum again. I called him done and was able to leave the table since he was strapped in! HA HA HA HA
The other twin tantrumed during our transition to the playground. It was kind of humorous (at least looking back on it) b/c he was fine as he was walking out of the classroom, but as soon as we got outside the door to the outdoors he started to cry and wanted to go back in. Once we got on the playground he stood at the gate and cried half the time we were out there. He also cried a little bit when it was time to lay down for nap. However it only took fifteen minutes to get him calm and asleep today instead of the forty five it took on Tuesday! Woo hoo!
I’d also like to say how proud I am of the parents. Dad brought in the youngest first, on time, and only stayed for about eight minutes. After he’d been out of the door for about two minutes the mom came in and she also only stayed for a short period of time, maybe ten minutes. This is huge improvement from the hour plus on Tuesday.
Since the twins and other new kid slept I was able to get my daily notes completed as well as enter them on TEIDS during the thirty minute period! This meant at two I had plenty of time to do other tasks.
Another hard moment of the day was when our little girl who has a visual impairment refused to stand while holding onto the table with her hand only. She kept stepping forward and leaning on the table with her belly and resting her whole forearm on the table and I’d pull her backwards and start again. After she finally stood for a few seconds she got to sit down for snack. The real reason I started the task was b/c I needed her to stand while I pulled out her chair, but then she turned it into a much bigger deal than I initially wanted it to be.
At two I stayed in the room and completed the checklist part of my DAS, now I need to type it and the new goal sheet tomorrow. Then I tried to work on dinosaur LP’s which I still think is a bunch of hooey! I’m hoping we can get us a dinosaur puzzle and some dinosaur stickers. There are still a few blank spots on the LP, but I’m keeping my finger crossed that my CT and I will settle it out in the morning. Then I went and chatted with our HR and found out the three hour CPR class I had to attend does count towards the nine and half hours I need by the end of the month. YAY, that’s a lot of stress off my shoulders! Now I need to update the time on my child specifics in the notebook and hope (with fingers Xd) that I won’t need any extra.
I got to hang with the babies again today and it was fine. There was a tour with a prospective parent, a parent for the baby room as a matter of fact, and the DR is sometimes peculiar. On an average day there’s a gate up keeping the walking children away from the sleeping children. However b/c there was a tour today the DR wanted the gate to be down. I thought it was kind of silly to try to impress the future parent considering she would see the gate when she started! I could maybe understand if it was a parent whose kid was going to be in another room, but she’s pregnant! Which means her baby would be in that room! After the lady left the LT in the room also mentioned that the DR wanted it down for the mom’s safety since she did have an unborn in the womb, which makes more sense.
At a little after four I went to my CPR/First Aid training. It was the same guy as the last two times and I swear I think he wears the same shirt to the one that I have to attend. I asked him about the lady from the Olive Garden on Tuesday and he said the weird noise she made was the last and final air escaping the body. OMG to think about that noise and relate it to what it really was made my eyes water and my belly flip. The most important thing I learned was that if ya start ya gotta keep going until you pass out or till the paramedics arrive. You check the environment, make sure the person is really dead (which is why you need CPR in the first place), call 911, and do 30 compressions and two breaths. If you don’t want to do breaths it’s not vital. The man reason of CPR is to keep oxygen going to the brain of a dead person. (man is that weird to type) We also talked about a variety of other subjects but to me this is the key. Isn’t that sad? It was a three hour class and I only have a few sentences I need to remember!
DH forgot that I had the training and he called me three times within one hour. Usually that’s not a big deal, but I was sitting right next to the instructor and there were only five other trainees in the room. In other words, the vibration could be heard! Each-and-every-time!
I finally broke down and called him on one of our breaks at six and told him. That’s when he realized he’d forgotten. He also had a great suggestion for dinner: mac-n-cheese w/fish sticks. When I got home there was only about four minutes left till dinner was done. He accidently grabbed the wrong box of mac-n-cheese, but that was okay. It was a Kroger brand and had a blend of three cheeses and was on shells instead of elbow noodles. It was also one point more per serving and the box had two and a half servings (the other one has three).
I didn’t get to finish my lunch as mentioned earlier didn’t want to do it after dinner. We watched one episode of Battlestar and headed off to our individual tasks (he wanted to play games).
That’s it, that’s my day in a three page long nutshell.
High: the twins down WAY SMOOTHER than Tuesday!
Thanks for taking extra time to read this today…
No comments:
Post a Comment