Monday, June 6, 2011

thank goodness it's over

Today was definitely a Monday of Monday’s.  I woke up an hour early due to DH snoring.  Last time he snored something awful I put up a pillow barrier btwn us, but could not today b/c I was laying on it. 

For bfast I had cottage cheese with cantaloupe and it was delicious.  I also read more Sookie.  Since I made my lunch yesterday all I had to do this morning was put in the box. 

I got to work early and viewed all my emails and blogs, even the foodgawker posts.  Today was probably the first day that I didn’t save a single recipe!  I’ll admit there were some interesting ones, but nothing I needed to make. 

Once I clocked in I tried to work on typing up my new IFSP for the kid that starts tomorrow, but my CT had both computers occupied.  She had the middle computer up and was logged onto TEIDS.   When I got up to go to the restroom she used the desktop I had planned on using to find pictures of animals for our LP this week.  I understand why she did it, this desktop is connected to the color printer, and she wanted to print in color.  However due to her learning disability she wasn’t able to complete it and I had to take over.  This basically means that I didn’t even get to look at my IFSP.  Maybe I’ll get to it in the morning. 

We had a new kid start today and he got there a little late, which is typical for new children.  After arrived a little late his parents (mainly dad which is what we were told to expect) was extremely interested in having a conversation.  I honestly didn’t min b/c I know it needed to be had.  It just made for a rocky start.  We didn’t go outside due to the conversation and messy room.  Instead we went to the gym. 

Another little girl had a doctor’s appointment today and didn’t arrive until 11:45.  The reason why this is noteworthy is b/c we ask parents to have their children fed when they come in late.  Dad did not and I think he thought I was going to do it, but I was sitting with three children on their mats who were not asleep.  One of the three kids was the new one, which we also expected not to sleep. 

Due to so many kids being awake and the class being chaotic I was unable to get my daily notes done. 

My CT took her lunch at the regularly scheduled time and came back in time for me o attend the six month review I needed to go to.  That lasted till 12:30 and was definitely a doosey.  I got what I expected, a mom who is too overwrought with her children that she’s just extremely laid back. 

I got back to class and ten minutes later the DR cam in and relieved me for my lunch break.  On my break I called the lawyer who sent me a not so nice email.  We talked and he explained that the new number being offered was the total from the insurance company and that if I took that amount the company would no longer cover any medical expenses.  So from an ‘ignorant’ non legalese stand point, broken down simply, I can either take the first offer, which is significantly less, and keep medical coverage related to the injury OR I can take the second offer which is a little bit more money, but no medical coverage for the future.  My first instinct is to take the first deal but I still need/want a lawyer t go over the paperwork so I don’t screw myself over.  I’m really worried that I’m going to end up like my uncle and not able to lift my arm in a bunch of years down the road. 

I was able to complete my notes and enter them online before having to go to the next room.  In the next room we did things a little different since it’s the summer schedule.  We started the time out with an exercise CD.  It was fun and different.  Then we ‘learned’ about the leg bones and muscles.  Then the kids played in their centers for a little bit and then headed to the next room.  The preschool kids came in at 3:30 ad we made slime/gak (cornstarch and water) and it was a great big fat mess, but fun at the same time. 

Nothing to exciting or noteworthy happened in the toddler’s room, just another day. 

Luckily enough I was able to leave on time.  Once I got home Aaron asked ‘what do you want for dinner?’  I was shocked b/c I thought we were headed to Olive Garden.  However David, his brother, called/texted and told him that he wasn’t going to be able to make it b/c of his photo shoot (which he thought would last till twelve) and we had to reschedule till tomorrow night.  Now this means our dinner plans were up in the air.  We decided on chicken bacon ranch pizza.  I ate a wee bit over the serving size so I’m counting it as 10PPS and a side salad with romaine, carrots, sweet bell peppers, dry roasted edammame, and raspberry balsamic vinegar (1PP).  For dessert I had a banana and now I’m eating wonderful little squire of 72% dark chocolate. 

Maybe tomorrow will be better; jeez louize I just new remembered that we have two new children starting tomorrow.  A set of twins, one with sever autism and the other with PDD for now.  Man I almost wish I partook of extra curricular activities. 

High today:  pizza and the amazing salad that I’ll be making over and over again!

Thanks for supporting me during this rough day…

No comments:

Post a Comment