Today was a whirlwind of a day. I woke up an hour early and stayed up. I asked DH to bring my cell phone, which has my alarm, to the bedroom b/c I wasn’t in decent attire to walk through the living room with our roommate home, but he forgot. So when I woke up at five and reached for a phone that wasn’t anywhere near (not to mention the alarm was on vibrate as usual) I just stayed up and turned on the laptop. I know that’s way too early to be on a computer but I really wanted to find a recipe to recreate Edwards lemon meringue pie for Father’s day for my dad (the Edwards one gives him awful heartburn/indigestion).
After forty five minutes of searching I got up to shower and run through the regular routines. Bfast was easy since I cut the fruit last night. All I had to do was scoop yogurt on top. Packing lunch was just as easy since I cut it too.
I got to work with a few minutes to spare for email checking. I saw a social deal I want to get DH for his bday: glass blowing class in Franklin .
I had a busy day working. The first half hour I got to do a little bit of work. Around eight forty or so the DR realized she forgot to get donuts foe Dad’s so I offered to get it for her (she was extremely flustered). I did paperwork for an hour, got to have my Friday phone call with a parent, and sat in on an intake meeting. Then I went back to working. I actually got to work on paperwork for about an hour and a half. I spent my dad between the infants and the toddlers.
While I was in the Rascals room (which I’ve probably referred to as the Amazon) I read what she did for father’s day: an adorable little card with a questionnaire she asked the kids and filled in the blanks with the kids answers for the dads to read; it also had a little saying on the back, but I didn’t get a chance to read it.
During the last half hour or so I sat and chatted with the AT in the infant’s room. We talked about cuteness of babies and jaded parents and sexual relations btwn the people based upon appearance. She commented that she liked this side of me, which I thought was strange; it’s the real side I just don’t show it at work b/c I never know who I can trust after things that have happened in the past.
While working I did find a recipe to print and try tomorrow, can’t wait!
After I got home I put away the clean laundry that’s been waiting on me forever! Then I packed my bags, put away clean dishes, and washed the dirty ones, before heading to Paris (which we almost did get to do b/c our roommate isn’t going to be in town this weekend to take care of Izzie, but luckily Aaron’s aunt is going to do it for us).
Once we got into Camden we stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up the lemons for my dads pie. But they didn’t have a single one! I did get the pie shell, some Greek yogurt (a new brand too: Athenos, as well as a staple of Dannon) and two kiwi’s. Then we headed to the Wal-Mart in Paris . They didn’t have lemons either, but I did check out their yogurt cooler and it had a four pack of cherry cheesecake made by WW. Since I had to have lemons we headed to Kroger. They had a three pound bag for four bucks. I also got two three pound bags of apples; one was Fuji for 2.50 and gala for 1.00. They also had black grapes on sale for 1.28 peer lb, so I got some of them too.
When we finished shopping, read *found lemons*, we headed to the house. As I was turning onto our road dad called.
We’ve been here for an hour or so and I’m ready to pass out.
High today: getting to come to Paris for father’s day!
Thanks for listening today…
No comments:
Post a Comment