Tuesday, June 7, 2011

i need a Bellini

Man today was another rough day!  I won’t get into just yet b/c I need to remember what I had for breakfast and how the day started.

For breakfast I had yogurt, carbmaster of course, and a banana.  I prepared my lunch last night so I didn’t have to anything but pack it again.  I try to do this every night, but t doesn’t always work. 

I got to school with enough time to spare again.  I had a new email from the lawyer that is handling the worker’s comp case for the insurance company and it said that I was not able to keep the case open later.  I have to make a decision by the 13th and then have to be in court and have it finalized by the 23rd (I think).  So I emailed Shannon Gardner about having her hubby check it out. 

We had two more new kids start today and it was a doos-e!  Their parents stayed for a little over an hour, after being fifteen minutes late.  The most important thing for me to remember is that the mom has been has a stay at home mom and hasn’t let the kids be out of her sight since they’ve been born.  It’s a set of twins, one with sever autism and the other just has a delay so far.  Autism hasn’t been officially been diagnosed, but he will probably get it next Tuesday when he goes for his evaluation. 

The parents stayed until a little bit before lunch, 10:45, and had all sorts of questions and needed lots of attention.  Not too big of a deal.  Lunch started to push me over the edge.  I had one kid on my left who was a grabby Gabe, the new kid to my right who wouldn’t sit still to save his life and cried a lot, and then another little girl on his right (who is visually impaired) and is also a grabby Gaby due to the impairment.  I tried to keep everything out of reach of them but it was extremely frustrating.  The more challenging twin had a great lunch and sat and played the whole time. 

Nap was a completely different story.  The kid, the one on my case load that sat next to me during lunch, went down pretty quickly and easily enough.  The other kid on my CT case load who ate easily and smoothly took 45 minutes to get to sleep; the positive side is he did sleep and slept for almost an hour!  He just cried, fussed, screamed, and fought for the 45 minutes.   

By the time I got to go on my lunch break I just wanted to cry.  Not so much due from sadness, more like a weeping let out all the emotions kind of cry. 

When I got back they were all awake and up and moving.  As predicted the parents wanted to talk more when they picked up. 

From this point on nothing too much happened.  I went to the baby room and then to the toddlers.  In the toddlers I was with my CT as usual since it’s a Tuesday. 

After getting off work I headed home and changed clothes so that we could actually go to Olive Garden today!

We headed to the parental house and hung out while waiting on David and the man to finish digging the area for the new patio; then we headed to the restaurant. 

Carolyn ordered the chicken flatbread as an app and I had a few pieces.  For dinner we shared the apricot chicken that came with broccoli, asparagus, and tomatoes.  Since we shared the app., dinner, and salad I ordered dessert.  I ordered the dolcini with amaretto tiramisu, a chocolate cake with cookie crumble, and chocolate mousse with caramel.  I like the tiramisu the most.  They also had a frozen tiramisu liqueur drink and Dickie ordered it.  It was GOOD!!!  One of those drinks that I’d just lay horizontally and sip on!

As we were finishing our meal there was a woman in the back left corner that made a strange sound.  We all thought the man that was with the lady had it under control; especially me b/c he turned her facing away from the table.  Anyways she made this weird sound and we all thought it was a normal sound and he was able to handle it.  After a few minutes the man at the table behind us jumped up and asked if the man needed any help.  Then he hollered for CPR assistance.  Then this man cam barreling through the crowd and knocked the table out of the way and started to perform CPR.  We didn’t stay for long, but saw the ambulance headed that way. 

I though I’d done well with my eating today, but the scale said otherwise!  Oh well, better tomorrow with the new day!

High today: eating with the family at OG!

Thanks for reading about my day…

No comments:

Post a Comment