Today was a good Friday. I woke up with a super strange feeling. DH had the day off so I got up b/4 him for the first time this week. It was strange for a few reasons. I woke up around one am thinking I needed to get up and get ready to discover the time. Then I woke up again forty five minutes b/4 the alarm went off b/c I needed to visit the ‘head’. And when I woke up I woke from a strange dream about an ex from college. I pushed the dream away ASAP and went about my day.
For bfast I had mango blueberry yogurt. I started the next book in the Sookie series. I like the cover the best so far I think. It really leads you to think about the path the story line takes. For lunch I packed carrots, cucumbers, cheese, red pepper hummus, apple, orange, and grapes.
I had to go to court today and was due at 8:30. I got to the apartment complex DH showed me on Sunday safe and sound. It took me fifteen minutes to walk from the parking space to the court house. When I got there I was expecting the walk through, but not what I got. When my purse went through the x-ray thingy the first cop saw something strange and asked the other cop (that looked like the bad guy from the Saw movies) to look at it. I stupidly mentioned that it could be m chop-stick that I use for my hair. The Saw cop had me take my stuff out and discovered the odd object from the x-ray was my mini hand held pepper mill. I couldn’t stop laughing about the situation. I asked the Saw cop if they could keep the chop-stick at the front but he said I needed to take it to my car, but I couldn’t do that b/c then I’d be late for my appointment. He suggested but didn’t tell me, that I could hide it off the premises in the bushes so I did.
Of course the lawyer was late, AGAIN. However he was only twenty minutes late today. But this time he had to deal with two other cases at the same time as mine. It went quickly. He asked me a couple of questions, told me about the new piece of paper I had to sign, and gave me the papers to read. I read them. Then we headed into the judges chambers. She asked me three questions and let us go. Then we stood in the hallway and he just handed me over my check.
I should have headed to the bank to deposit it, but wanted to get to work without taking too much time out of my sick pay. I got to work at 9:09 or 08, basically I was only an hour and fifteen minutes late.
I clocked in, did a little bit of paperwork, till eleven. I didn’t do any personal paperwork. All I did was update our information due to our new kid starting next week. I also got new yearly attendance sheets. The entire time I’m doing this my CT is sitting there getting to do her own personal paperwork. I’d love to see her take care of and keep in order all the extra crap I do weekly. Afterwards I typed three fourths of our first two weeks of LP’s for July.
I hung out with the five year olds for thirty minutes. Then took lunch and headed to the babies afterwards. We started our annual reviews today and I was responsible for covering the four teachers who were scheduled. However the first few went over their time limit and the fourth teacher didn’t get to have hers. Instead she went and did paperwork since she didn’t do it at the eleven hour when she was supposed to.
I was lucky though; the AD permitted me to get out at four and work for thirty minutes on my own personal paperwork! This is the first time (I think) that she has actually allowed me to get out and do necessary stuff that wasn’t scheduled!
On my lunch break I did the usual: check emails, view a few blogs, etcetera. In one of my emails there was a reminder for a meetup that I really want to attend. It’s out in Mt. Juliet at noon. It’s just a bunch of girls getting together for a BBQ at a house around the pool. I feel a bit awkward going to it while DH stays at home, but he’s done similar things recently. I expected him to have to work this weekend and didn’t feel strange at first when I saw the group, however once I knew he didn’t have to work I became very undecided about whether or not to go. I checked out all the foods and drinks signed up to bring and theirs some incongruence’s. There are eighteen people RSVP’d to attend but only nine people have singed up to bring food. I’ve left a note on the group’s page asking when the RSVP cut off time was and hope that I’m able to connect to the net later to read the mail Aaron said he didn’t care and we cold go to Costco, Aldi’s, and Famer’s market on Sunday. He even helped me work out an idea of what to take: a seven layer salad. I like it and have been working out what to put in/on it.
For dinner we made and ate the fish we should have had last night and it was GREAT!!!! I’ve found another way to eat catfish! I soaked the fish in soy sauce, lime juice, a little bit of honey and teriyaki sauce. In a bowl a mixed panko crumbs and wasabi powder. I broiled it at first but DH thought it was burning so we turned the heat down, moved the fish, and closed the door. Mine finished b/4 his and I think it was due to mine being raised and his being on the surface of the pan. I also made steam veggies and rice (but didn’t eat the rice). I hope I remember this fish dish, as well as the fish tacos, and recreate it later.
For dessert I had a tasty pudding cup and we’re watching Numb3rs.
High today: a new recipe turning out wonderful.
Thanks for checking in on my Friday…
No comments:
Post a Comment