Thursday, June 30, 2011

great day, lost evening!

I woke up when DH left for work.  I didn’t get up, but I lay in bed until my alarm went off.  For bfast I had cc with cantaloupe (2PPs).  I got to read two chapters of my book.  I packed my lunch and headed to work.  I got there early.  Today I hid in a corner behind a cabinet in the gym.  It was strange b/c there’s a large mirror and I could see people who walked by but, unless aware of me, they couldn’t see really see me.  I actually found several recipes to save for trial later.

I also tried to view my paycheck online, what a PITA.  I was curious how much my pay jumped.  If I remember correctly it was 1.25.  So I don’t guess I need a raise, but that means that I’ll be at my rate for a year and half total.  I won’t get a raise btwn now and next July.  Towards the end of the day I wondered if my 1’s are what kept me from getting a raise.  If that’s the case then I’m really infuriated with my CT.  She’s okay with being written up for not keeping the area tidy, but I on the other hand try and try extremely hard and am NOT okay with being written up or reprimanded for it!

The kids were amazing today!!!  Our newest twins transitioned really well.  I took the kid on my load from dad and sat with him to work the shape sorter.  It took a few minutes for him to adjust to playing with me versus wanting and reaching for dad.  After he adjusted he actually said ‘bye bye’ to his parents to let them know he was okay.  When the parents left neither one of the boys cried.  They didn’t have any tears all day long!  They played with peers, on the playground, participated in circle time, and used their spoons to taste their lunches. 

I was able to complete my DN during nap time and post them online.  When the kids were gone at two I managed to enter all my contact logs except for the one I have on Fridays.  My CT had her review at two and I don’t really know how it went.  All I know is she got a 1 in the same area as I did.  I don’t know if she got a raise or not.  (I found this all out at the end of the day when she left).

I played with the babies and the eldest children today.  Which means I was actually on schedule!  Nothing of interest in either room.  Nor was there much to note happening in the toddlers during the last hour of my day. 

We got or daily schedules for tomorrow and which room we are supposed to cover.  My CT only gets an hour.  I’m fortunate enough to have three, at least I think.  However she has me scheduled in rooms from eleven until I leave.  She didn’t include a lunch break for me anywhere, just teacher coverage.  So I’m either supposed to take a break at ten thirty, but who eats lunch that early not to mention I’ll be ravishingly hungry later if I eat that early, OR I don’t get one at all.  I think I’m going to not take one and if anything is said to me I’m going to have to somehow politely say something along the lines that I wasn’t scheduled one.  I’m not going to question the AD and why it wasn’t included for two reasons.  1: for fear she’ll tell me to eat at ten thirty and 2: I’m worried she’ll be offended that I corrected her.  However after our last talk she did mention that she’s only human and she makes mistakes just like everyone else. 

I was extremely bad on the food front today.  The AD made homemade ‘Jell-O’ cupcakes (basically she just doused white cupcakes with liquid Jell-O which made them flavorful and exceptionally moist.  Of course I had a couple as well as a small piece of funfetti going away cake for Ms. Audrey.  Oh yeah there were cookies from Panera too and I had a couple.

So for dinner I didn’t really eat a meal.  I had a few bites of DH deer BBQ sandwich, some French onion generic sunchips, and a banana. 

DH got off at his regularly scheduled time today and was home by three thirty.  We found out that his family is celebrating the fourth on Sunday.  Which sucks b/c he has to work on Sunday not to mention he didn’t volunteer for the Monday shift and get double pay.  I’m considering going to the family gathering with his parents.  My only pause is due to I haven’t talked to his Aunt Pam since she re-negged on her TW order.  I’m also trying to go to his parent’s house on Saturday so I can re-research all the places we have been offered to take a ‘free vacation’ too.  I’d also like to finish getting updated on all my blogs as well as maybe have Carolyn trim my hair. 

To make the end of my day a bit bad I’ve lost/misplaced my jump drive!  I had it in the back of my pants, but when I went to get it to save this I couldn’t find it.  I checked my pockets and pulled dirty clothes and what not out of the closet.  I hope I didn’t lose it at work b/c it’s got all my ‘journal’ entries on it!  For now I’m going to save everything to the hard drive of the laptop.

High today: my double edged sword: cupcakes and the little guy said bye to his parents as well as a tear free day.

Thanks for stopping by…

No comments:

Post a Comment