Friday, July 1, 2011

TGIF

So it’s official, the beginning of the end of another year has started today!  Can you believe that 2011 is almost over?  I think I should somehow document this day.  Maybe list thing’s I’ve achieved thus far?  Or set goals for the next six months?  That’s something to think about.  I’m sure I won’t do it b/c I’m lame, but it’s a really nice thought.  I guess two things I’m proud of are 1: I got promoted at work and am now a LT at the preschool (since January of this year) and I’m pretty much a happy with my job (even though I know I complain, but it’s so much better than working with the LT I used to have and the old DR for that matter).  2: I’ve been entering daily since middle of March.  Well when I type the date it doesn’t seem like that long in comparison to other bloggers, but it’s felt like a life time.  I’d originally told myself if I did it for a month consistently I’d start the other blog I wanted.  Well that month rolled around and I’d been enjoying myself so much and felt better that I decided I’d wait and try a year.  I wonder if that was a ridiculous goal?  Three months down, nine more to go. 

Well now that that’s out, for bfast I had my new yummy cc and cantaloupe.  I wrapped up eating, reading, and packing early b/c I wanted to get to work early enough to hunt for my drive in hopes that no one else found it.  I was early enough, but unsuccessful finding it. 

Work wasn’t all that exciting.  I completed all of my summaries.  It helped that I only had to do six instead of eight.  I didn’t do the last two b/c one of the kids hadn’t been here and he disenrolled during the second week and the other kid had only been here a week so I didn’t think he needed one.  Guess I’ll find out later if the DR decides she needs one. 

I also got the weekly papers completed and printed for next week.  I changed over our newest kid to the T/R class.  I also did laundry!  I washed and folded half of it and then washed the other half.  I started to work on med logs, but had to go to my rooms.  Our schedule from yesterday changed today due to numbers and attendance.  My CT and I were supposed to cover in the Giraffes room since yesterday was the AT’s last day, but there were only seven kids so we didn’t have to cover.  Instead we stuck with our regular schedule which put me in the Rascals for an hour, then lunch, next the infants for an hour, then over to the Lions for an hour and half, and ending in the toddlers for the last hour and a half.  Things were good.  The only down side for me was when I arrived to the toddlers.  They were down to five which meant I got to be in there alone with their kids while both teachers did paperwork.  I’m glad they got to work on stuff they needed to do, but I don’t like being in there alone b/c I have my own opinions about how things should be done and it’s different from their ways.  However the kids did really good listening to me and following my rules.  It helps that it was some of the ‘easier’ children.  At one point my CT came in and asked if there was anything I needed to do.  I told her I’d completed my summaries but needed to complete med logs.  Well instead of letting me go do them she volunteered to do it and asked how to.  I told her and she went and did it.  I’m hoping with all body parts crossed that she did it correctly so I don’t have to undo her work next week in the thirty minutes I have! 

I did much better on the food front today and got to indulge when I got home!  I brought out the bottle of ‘tea wine’ and had a couple of small glasses while cleaning dishes and making dinner.  We had the bacon wrapped turkey tenderloins from Aldi’s, baked potatoes, and grilled veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, and onions).  With dinner I had another small glass of wine, the sparkling shiraz. 

Oh yeah, I found my jump drive btw!  I was so glad!!!  I went into the guest bedroom and took my time going through the closet.  I shook out every last article on the floor and all the pants.  Then dug out all the extra stuff on the floor and it had landed kinda sort of towards the back.  Aaron and I did a celebration ‘dance’ and he was glad I found it too J.

We watched Numb3rs with dinner and that’s it for today.

High: completed paperwork and found the jump drive!!!

Thanks for checking in on my Friday…

No comments:

Post a Comment