Tuesday, July 5, 2011

back to the grind stone

Well I had to go back to work today : ‘(  for breakfast I ate one of the new yogurts I picked up at the Kroger on Berry Hill: coconut crème.  I think it strange how different Kroger’s sell different things.  I also picked up a cranberry vanilla, mango peach, and Dutch apple pie.  They also had a couple of other flavors, but they didn’t strike my fancy.

After bfast I had to make and pack my lunch.  I should have done it yesterday, but oh well.  After packing lunch I had to stop at the gas station before heading to work.  I still got there a few moments early and was able to check my emails and a few blogs.  Nothing interesting.

We were low in numbers today: five out of eight.  The kids were easy today.  Our twins transitioned easily when the parents left.  They both napped!

I was able to get my notes done during nap time.  After the kids left I entered them on the net.  Then I started looking up ideas for our next lesson plan: outer space.

I played in the baby room, as scheduled.  Nothing fabulous to report, but nothing bad either.  Then I headed into the toddlers.  My CT and I were in there together again while the AT did paperwork. 

After work I headed to the bank and deposited my bday check from my in-laws finally!  As well as the check the worker’s comp co. issued me. 

Then over to Yolo’s I went!  We had a double date with my friends (hey hey there) and it was fab-u-lous!  I had the mahi mahi and was able to substitute my sides.  Its jerk marinated and served with a fancy chevre polenta cake and balsamic marinated zucchini.  I substituted fresh asparagus and a bowl of fruit.  The fruit had honeydew (which is one of the two best I’ve eaten), cantaloupe, grapes, and pineapple.  DH had the filet medallions with a loaded BP.  The steak was served with some kind of amazingly yummy mouth watering flavorful cream sauce with sautéed mushrooms.  DH enjoyed the sauce so much that he was scraping it onto his BP.  Our friends had the mahi tacos and the chicken pesto flatbread.  Both of which they new were already yummy.

I offered for us to go to Sweet Ci Ci’s, but it was a no go.  Instead we headed our separate ways.  Since I had mentioned frozen yogurt I knew I’d not be able to go to sleep without obsessing over it so I helped myself to a half a serving of the new ice cream I bought on Sunday.

High today: having dinner with the friends!

Thanks for listening again today…

No comments:

Post a Comment