Monday, July 11, 2011

humdrum

I had a long Monday!  I woke up about thirty minutes early and couldn’t drift/go back to sleep!  And it wasn’t due to DH alarm, it was just natural!

For bfast I had a banana and peach carbmaster.  I think I really enjoy the peach flavor, especially of the carbmaster.  When I first started eating the ‘master’ I thought the gelatin-ous of the yogurt was strange, but it’s kind of like a panna cotta like yogurt.  I read some Sookie and was unable to finish my chapter.  It was one of the longest ones yet, at least in this book. 

Lunch was kind of easy.  I didn’t make it yesterday, but I had tuna left over and tossed it into the box along with mandarin oranges, carrots, cherries (which I didn’t eat) and an apple. 

DH was up and leaving the same time I was, which made him a few minutes late.  He was supposed to report at 7:30, but I wasn’t pulling out of the drive until then.  Lucky for him the ‘office’ is only a few minutes away. 

I got to work early as usually and checked all my emails and a few of my blogs.  There was a ‘deal’ I wanted to buy, but it was out in South Nashville and I know I won’t go there for it.  It was a deal on an exercise class (which I realized yesterday I truly need to start doing): a burlesque dancing kind of exercise!  I bet it’s like the new pole exercise classes!  Also I know I don’t need to spend any more money than I have been lately. 

I also saw some emails about a couple of new groups attending the wine social I think I really want to attend next Friday, the 22nd.  However it’s kind of expensive, 35.00. 

Once I clocked in I tried to start the paperwork on our newest kid that started today, but he wasn’t added to the TEIDs website.  My CT got in there and cleaned/organized the space that I thought about yesterday.  She did an awesome job.  I was so tickled!  She was also very willing to take my idea(s).  Orginally when she brought up the idea I was a bit aggravated b/c she said she’d already started and I was a bit boiled, but got over it once I saw how well she did. 

Our new kid did pretty well.  Mom on the other hand was what you would call a ‘nervous wreck’.  She went out the door to observe and came back in.  She stayed until 9:30 when we went to the gym.  On our way into the gym she asked if she could pick him up early.  I told her she could and about how past parents have ‘transitioned’ their children into routine school life.  She said she’d be back at 11:15, right after lunch and actually showed up five minutes earlier! 
            He had a good first day.  He was very intrigued by all the toys.  He played with some of his peers in the gym.  He also imitated some signs and used a few words.  However, sitting down for circle time and lunch time prove to be a bit more challenging. 

I showed Ms. Mary pictures of Marie Bryan’s baby, Louis, who’s six and a half months old.  She was pretty tickled!  He is a super chubby version of her!  Ms. Mary thinks I’m next in line to have a baby.  I told her not to go praying for me or anything b/c I know how she helped Mrs. Jeni conceive!  She seems super excited about us trying to make babies she can’t see me with an infant or toddler, but more of a three year old or older. 

Our little guy who doesn’t get dropped off until 9:30, every freakin’ day, left thirty one minutes late.  I felt bad that Mrs. Gwen had to stay in the room with him knowing that she had to complete some paperwork so I stayed with her and worked on my paperwork.  I tried to get the new guy’s goals off TEIDS again and they still weren’t online for my gain.  So I haven’t a clue as to what to work on with him!

Of course I went to the baby room where it was LOUD!  There were three babies crying almost the entire time!  The picky girl was just off.  She wasn’t happy at all.  She finally calmed down around 3:30 and I thought shew as asleep.  Nope she was just chill-a-xing in a bouncy chair.  One of the boys, Mitchell, was upset b/c his teeth are bothering him.  He’s teething and mom wants to wean him off his paci.  The other little boy is just young.  He’s nine months old.  At first he just wanted to be held in a specific position.  I tried a few different ones, but each time I moved him he cried.  When I put him back in ‘the’ position he calmed down.  I also tried to help him work on attaching to a paci.  Eventually he wasn’t pleased by any of the previous so I just put him in a vibrating bouncy with a hang over toy and he became contented and stayed that way until I left at four. 

From there I headed into the toddlers.  We had our afternoon snack, which ended up being their second in ten minutes.  They said something about eating and their teachers gave them the rest of their craisins left over from their early afternoon snack.  We opened and ate the veggie chips from Aldi’s I donated to the room.  I really like em’.  When looking at the ingredients there are only eight!  Not to mention each one is easy to pronounce and I know what they are!  I really wanted to take a walk after snack (we didn’t get to go outside this morning b/c of the heat) but couldn’t.  I checked the weather and it was 98 and felt like 111!  WAY TOO FREAKIN’ HOT!  Instead we hung out in the room, played with the toys, and then did stickers. 

When I left the building to go to my car it was pretty stifling. 

When I got home DH had started making dinner: pork loin, onions, and yellow squash.  I cut up a couple of tomatoes and seasoned em’ with salt, pepper, and basil.  The pork was pre-marinated in maple (and maybe brown sugar).  I sprayed the squash with olive oil and sprinkled garlic salt and cracked pepper before grilling.  OMGEEE, I loved the squash this way.  I’ve never been a huge fan of squash, it’s always too squishy.  I’d much rather eat zucchini.  However prepared this way it was sweet and salty and savory all together.  I had a two half glasses of s. blanc with dinner.  All this adds up to 11PPs (3 for the pork – which was a solid four ounces and 8 for the wine).  For dessert I had another serving of ice cream with gingerbread poptart toasted (7PPs). 

All together today I ate 26 PPs!  I hope it’s evident on the scale. 

High today: coming in under my allotted amount and our new guy having a good first day.

Thanks for checking in on me on a beginning day…

No comments:

Post a Comment