I woke up ridiculously early again today: six-ish. I was unable to relax enough to go back to sleep. I slept in a funny position and my back was ache-ing!
I managed to connect to the net and reserved the next Sookie book so I could read at leisure today. I also got to read all my back dated blogs as well begin to clear out all the old junk mail from my email box.
I only played for a little while. Then I talked to may dad for thirty minutes. Afterwards I got up and started the busy-ness of the day. I went to Wal Mart and spent way more money than I wanted. I spent 101.00! I did get some semi expensive items: dog food (17.00), two bags of dog treats (10.00), lunch meat (7.00 and a coupon for a dollar off), feminine products (5.00), and several fruits and veggies. OH yeah I also bought some dew for the hubby as well as hotdogs.
Once I got home I put everything away. We had lunch plans with the parentals to celebrate an over due father’s day dinner and I was going to make a dessert: peach cobbler (WW friendly). So I prepped the peaches while eating some grapes. You may wonder why eat grapes if you’re about to eat a meal. It was after twelve and knowing that lunch wasn’t until one meant that we wouldn’t actually eat till close to one thirty. (Guess I should mention that I ate banana and strawberry while on the phone with my dad btwn 8:30 and 9:00.) The recipe for the peaches called for nutmeg and I don’t have any, instead I substituted cinnamon. However once I got to the parentals they did have nutmeg so I sprinkled a bit on there.
We ate out at Outback. I veered from my regular favorite, the tuna appetizer, and ate the shrimp skewer with steamed broccoli tossed in garlic. The shrimp was okay. I think it might have been a wee bit over spiced and kind of lost the shrimp flavor in some of the bites. The broccoli was super al dente, which I prefer and would have that way every time. I was torn btwn how I felt about it. It was extremely hard to cut, but great to eat! The ‘chef’ toasted the broccoli in the garlic – it was brown, crispy, and crunchy instead of the way it’s been in the past – soft and pungent. I like both ways and don’t really have a preference.
The cobbler was okay. There wasn’t anywhere enough peaches. Next time I will double the amount. The recipe called for three cups which should be about four peaches. I used five. Next time I think I’m going to use ten, especially if they are .88 a lb and perfectly ripe! The crust was a bit too wheat-y (since it called for whole wheat flour) and I think next time I’ll do a mix of whole wheat flour with white. I also think I’ll cut back on the brown sugar over all in the recipe.
Since we ate lunch late, and cobbler around four, neither one of us was super hungry for dinner. I did eat a string cheese and a handful of blueberries. DH ate an ice cream cone (the off brand nutty buddy kind).
I rented, for free b/c I got a coupon, from the redbox. I got Switch finally. It stars Jennifer Aniston and a semi famous male actor whose name I don’t know. She wants to have a baby and pays for a man to donate sperm. After finding a sperm donor she has an insemination party which is hilarious. Her bf, who also happens to be an ex as well as someone who is still in love with her, is jealous that she has chosen someone else to be the donor. He was invited to the party and got way trashed. While he was in the bathroom he saw the donation and was playing with it. Well he accidently dropped it and lost all the liquid, so being drink and emotional, he decided to donate instead of telling anyone what happened. However he was sooooo drunk that he didn’t remember doing it until seven years later! Well she got pregnant and thought it was the donors. So she left NY and went home. Now, seven years later she comes back with her son (who she still thinks is the child from her donor) and her bf/ex lover/real donor/true soul mate recognizes some similarities in the child he’s seen. DUH, it’s his quirks. He realizes it, tells her, and the story goes from there. I won’t mention the rest in case you want to watch and don’t want to know how it ends or all the little details. That’s just the big plot. I liked it and I think DH did too b/c he laughed several times.
We also finished our Numb3rs disc and a few episodes of Battlestar. We are so close to finishing it. I’m glad to know what’s happening, but sad at the same time b/c that means it’s going to be over. Which also means we need to invest in something else, but I don’t really have the money to get right now.
High today: renting a good movie out of the redbox for a change.
Thanks for wanting to know about us on our day of rest…
No comments:
Post a Comment