Sunday, July 3, 2011

my celebration day

Happy Independence Day to everyone! 

Today was a nice day.  DH headed off to work nice and early.  I had trouble going to sleep last night.  I don’t think I actually fell asleep till close to eleven.  That doesn’t sound too awfully late for a normal person, but I felt tired, I just couldn’t relax all the way.  I tried all sorts of methods to relax and doze off!  To make this a ‘happier’ situation I woke up this morning at 2:30 a.m.  I couldn’t stop thinking about soft serve full creamed vanilla ice cream.  I think it’s due to the little bite I took of the hubby’s strawberry shortcake bar from Aldi’s the other day.  Surprisingly it is better than the name brand kind.  The name brand is squishy.  Aldi’s brand is nice and firm with crunchy crispies on the outside and wonderful creamy center. 

Anyways now that I’ve wiped the drool off the laptop keys, I woke up at 2:30 and couldn’t go back to sleep.  So I headed into the living room and read the end of the current Sookie story.  At 5:15ish I headed back to bed.  DH alarm went off fifteen minutes later and of course I wasn’t asleep. 

At this point there was no way I could go back to slumber land.  Instead I woke up and played on the net as well as some spider solitaire. 

I talked to dad for a little while and he didn’t really have much to say.  We only talked for thirty minutes (we usually talk for close to an hour). 

I headed to the in-laws and cut up the melons; honeydew, cantaloupe, and water.  After cutting them we had some time before heading over to Tony & Pam’s.  I sat and read an amazing Pot Pie cookbook.  That’s right, read a cookbook.  I’m not the only person that’s ever done!  There were several recipes I want make.  I also read a crock pot recipe book and noted some in there too. 

Not much to mention about being at the pool.  It was fun.  The water was too warm.  The food was okay.  There wasn’t as much ice cream this year as there has been in the past which was a little bit of a bummer.  I think it made Aaron want children even more since we played a lot with Naomi and Jack. 

Afterwards we stopped at the grocery so I could pick up a few items.  We also rented “Beastly” from the redbox.  It was good.  The creator/director/producer/whatever did an amazing job tweaking the story of Beauty and the Beast but keeping it extremely close to the Disney movie. 

We didn’t eat much for dinner since we grazed all day. 

High today: the movie.  I’ve wanted to see it for a while and didn’t know it was out until Aaron saw it in the store to buy.

Thanks for celebrating with me!!! (a day early)

No comments:

Post a Comment