Tuesday, July 26, 2011

another one down

BLEH what a rough day!  I almost don’t feel like writing about it b/c thinking about it is super exhausting. 

Bfast was bananas and blueberries with vanilla chai yogurt.  I read the next to last chapter of my current Sookie book and really hope that the library has my other ones tomorrow.  Preferably in the morning, but I’ll settle for the afternoon too. 

I tried to make coffee and totally f’d it up.  I put the grounds straight into the pot instead of a strainer/filter.  And then I left the ‘hood’ open which means the water couldn’t even get to the grounds!  I had to clean it too before leaving b/c I couldn’t just leave it there! 

The morning went smoothly enough.  However lunch time started the down hill ride of emotions for our kids.  We did get to paint using a paint brush and the kids did better than I thought.  My CT started/did lunch again today.  I tried to be as tactful as possible and suggest setting lunch out better and more organized.  She listened to the statement and said that the only reason it went out the way it did was due to the craziness.  We’ll see on Thursday how well she does. 

Oh and I also found out that it was one of our girl's last day.  We knew it was coming before July ended, but wasn't sure when.  Little girl's dad got a promotion and the family has to move to Maryland.  I feel really bad b/c I didn't really get a chance to talk to the mom b/c of all the commotion.  She didn't even get to tell me.  She told the SLP, who told my CT, who told me!

We stood around and talked to the parents for a little bit, close to 2:30.  Since we spent the first part of our time talking I didn’t really get to do paperwork.  I tried looking up some ideas for our back to school – transportation – wheels on the bus lesson plan, but couldn’t find squat. 

Afterwards I played with the babies as usual.  Then I went to the Giraffes again.  I think I really like the new AT in there.  She’s kind of funny and I wonder if she might be a lesbian (is that okay to say here?).  She talked about her roommate, they’ve known each other for thirteen years, but have only been living together for two.  The roommate has kids.  They share two cars and drive which one is needed for different tasks.  The other girl works from home so she gets to keep the better of the two (and b/c of the kids).  I don’t have the balls to ask, but maybe it’ll come out one day. 

I’ve been kind of grouchy all day to boot!  When I got home all I did was basically pass out in the chair.  Aaron tried to talk to me but it just required too much energy and my response sound kind of rude and short.  After taking a thirty minute or so reprieve I rebooted and got up to participate in dinner and make lunch for tomorrow. 

For dinner we had Chilean sea bass, shrimp, roasted potatoes, and broccoli.  Since DH cooked mine first (b/c he didn’t want to clean the skillet twice and he planned on using butter and oil with his and I didn’t want it on mine) I ate it while finishing my lunch box foods.  I ate it too fast, which is to be expected when a person eats while standing and ‘working’, and was still hungry.  I made a mock broccoli slaw using the juice out of the peperocini’s with a squirt of low fat mayo.  It was yummy.  I really really love these little peppers!

I didn’t eat dessert since I ate a cat’s weight in Chex mix!  I love that stuff too!  I wasn’t going to eat any but my CT said it was yucky and plain and I thought she was nuts b/c I’ve never seen a plain kind.  Basically it was just original which to me is good too, not as good as bold and spicy or cheddar, but still yummy and addictive. 

High today: honey making a wonderful seafood dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment